Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
yesss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
FIRE UP THE MICROWAVES

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
That sound you hear is the sound of every Tigers member microwaving their membership.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
get hosed richmond.

how was their defense that poorly defended.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Should have played that game in China.

That way Richmond fans could just stay there and live as a hermit.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Turns out people in china don't magically give more of a gently caress about port and the Suns than people in Australia

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Crowd's OK for where it is.

Oval looks great, not sure about the Shoalin temple grandstand but kind of gives it a Socceroos' away WC qualifier feel.

Also :laffo: Tiges.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
That reminded me of the game where Richmond took the lead from Gold Coast with seconds left before Karmichael Hunt took a comfortable mark and goaled after the siren. And they still haven't learned to stack their defense.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Richmond will never let you down when it comes to letting you down

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
loving suns. They got their magic Chinese flag color uniforms and still got their asses kicked. Sack rocket.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

How the gently caress do the suns have 4.13 with only 2 of those behinds rushed

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

snaeksikn posted:

Well, they're a bad team op.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Holy gently caress I just saw the end of the Richmond game

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
So there was a big melee at the Saints v Blues game yesterday after Murphy sledged Carlisle while he was on the ground due to having his nuts smashed.

Apparently, Carlisle had said something about Murphy's wife loving Wayne Carey (which has apparently been a rumor for a while now) prior to incident that caused the melee.

I tend to think sledging in general is pointless and stupid but I'd be interested to see what neutral fans think of this. Is what Carlisle said going to far? What about sledging a player that is injured on the ground and unable to respond?

The media seems to be taking the "SAINTS WENT TO FAR RICHO SHOULD DO SOMETHING" position but I have more faith in the ability of posters on here to form a decent opinion.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

Periphery posted:

So there was a big melee at the Saints v Blues game yesterday after Murphy sledged Carlisle while he was on the ground due to having his nuts smashed.

Apparently, Carlisle had said something about Murphy's wife loving Wayne Carey (which has apparently been a rumor for a while now) prior to incident that caused the melee.

I tend to think sledging in general is pointless and stupid but I'd be interested to see what neutral fans think of this. Is what Carlisle said going to far? What about sledging a player that is injured on the ground and unable to respond?

The media seems to be taking the "SAINTS WENT TO FAR RICHO SHOULD DO SOMETHING" position but I have more faith in the ability of posters on here to form a decent opinion.

remove wayne carey form television imo

also :lol: at the tigers i just watched the last 2 mins

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Erin Phillips retired from the WNBA, and is staying in the US until the start of the next AFLW season. Hopefully that doesn't impact our ability to keep her, and do so without giving up Randall or Gibson from our marquee contracts, because she'll need the money now.

Maybe the AFL can stump up some of the Hunt and Folau promotional cash for her to be an ambassador.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Phillips should be fine, she has been paid handsomely with her basketball career. As for retention, I think she'll play at least another two seasons easily unless she is injured. Also, AFLW trade week starts tomorrow.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-14/richmond-v-fremantle-a-masterclass-of-losing/8525354?pfmredir=sm

quote:

Richmond and Fremantle put on an AFL masterclass of losing a football game

Winning may be an art, but there is a certain science to losing a football match too.

Richmond's MCG clash with Fremantle on Sunday arvo featured every single element from losing's periodic table, as both teams did their utmost to throw four points away over the course of the two hours.

Of course, every masterclass of losing also leaves a winner, and there is little doubt the Dockers did slightly less to bottle it than their opponents — but that is not to take away from their own marvellous choking attempt too.
:eyepop:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

snaeksikn posted:

I think the more important question is how the gently caress did Geelong lose against them last week?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Periphery posted:

sledging about personal stuff is bad and so his sledging an injured player

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
jed_anderson.avi

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

gay picnic defence posted:

sledging about personal stuff is bad and so his sledging an injured player

Seems reasonable.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Saints were picking on Murphy from the start of the game. He almost got knocked on his arse while jogging to the bench in the first quarter.

Sledging someone on the ground is less bad than personal stuff and then starting a 3v1 fight when he did say something to Carlise.

But yeah, sledging is dumb. What happened to sportsmanship?

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think both are bad, but Carlisle's behaviour in this case was worse. Also drug cheat etc etc blah blah cocaine

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Why is it always turds sledging other turds

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I don't get why Carlisle would think he could sledge anyone on the field given he has a pretty long rap sheet any opposition player could rattle off easily enough to wind him up about

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Carlisle being a standout intellectual, in a field noted for its abundant intellectuals

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Now that I've gone and read a bit about what is alleged to have happened, my expert opinion is that Carlisle is a dickhead and the saints are in the wrong.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

snaeksikn posted:

I don't get why Carlisle would think he could sledge anyone on the field given he has a pretty long rap sheet any opposition player could rattle off easily enough to wind him up about

jake carlisle in loving idiot shock

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Collingwood are 2nd last lol

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Adelaide currently have an average winning margin of 50.8 points and an average losing margin of 50 points.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS
Just watched the last quarter of freo Richmond... With one minute to go, I couldn't believe it was going to happen even though I knew the final scoreline. I'll never understand how teams can lose in this situation, why didn't Richmond have every player behind the ball?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

realbez posted:

Now that I've gone and read a bit about what is alleged to have happened, my expert opinion is that Carlisle is a dickhead and the saints are in the wrong.

Yeah this. gently caress fatboy Carlisle

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Adelaide currently have an average winning margin of 50.8 points and an average losing margin of 50 points.

Melbourne 2010

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

ZombieJesus posted:

Just watched the last quarter of freo Richmond... With one minute to go, I couldn't believe it was going to happen even though I knew the final scoreline. I'll never understand how teams can lose in this situation, why didn't Richmond have every player behind the ball?

David Warner is an assistant coach?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

How is Freo's percentage at 85 at 5-3?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Windmill Hut posted:

Angus Brayshaw's career might be over. He has suffered another concussion - i think that is 3 or possibly 4 this year? And 5 or 6 in the last 12 months. Apparently it was pretty much just a typical tackle/bump you'd see a hundred times a game.

At the very very least he needs to be taken out of the game for the remainder of the year.

Fourth in the last twelve months, at this point he really should just retire since they're not even big bumps or tackles that he's copping them in.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Periphery posted:

The world weeps for renown fuckwit Jake Carlisle who couldn't even stay out of trouble for a month after arriving at his new club.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Testekill posted:

The world weeps for renown fuckwit Jake Carlisle who couldn't even stay out of trouble for a month after arriving at his new club.

Maybe I was wrong about respecting the opinion of posters on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
If you said things like that about someone's wife in a local game (or just in general) you'd probably get thumped, but afl players can't react like that. All in all, having something mean said to you while you're winded isn't so bad.

• Locked thread