Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Courtesy of the latest patch you can now enjoy incisor muzzle flash never disappearing, meaning every single shot from it leaves the map progressively more covered in lens flare, whether or not you are the one actually using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What's the rundown on Cryobeam Vs Incinerate? Trying to decide between the Human Engineer & the Krogan Engineer on which to rank up.

Digirat posted:

Courtesy of the latest patch you can now enjoy incisor muzzle flash never disappearing, meaning every single shot from it leaves the map progressively more covered in lens flare, whether or not you are the one actually using it.

Hahaha, what the gently caress.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Alteisen posted:

Whats your build

Always Be (re)Charging.

I'll do a semi effortpost in a bit.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Good freakin' lord, HuSol with all the available buffs to Combat Powers is a walking death machine. 4 Frag Grenades will nuke a whole spawn, and I have 8 at all times. Concussive Shot also completely owns now, and Turbocharge makes the Rozerad... good?!?!

What game am I playing, and why wasn't I playing it 6 weeks ago

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Alteisen posted:

Whats your build

Ok so, YMMV I'm no expert min-maxer whatever, this works for me:

The Cool and Good Human Adept
Singularity to 6:
4. Radius
5. Recharge
6. Exploding Singularity

Shockwave at 6:
4. Damage
5. Recharge
6. Lifting Shockwave

Pull at 1 point:
It's a good fuckoff power for redbars like breachers, assemblers, raiders, and adhi (fighting Kett sucks, never fight Kett). I've even noticed it staggering (but doing no damage) to things like Anarchists and Saboteurs, which is good for getting a few shots in before throwing heavier stuff coming off recharge. I use it pretty strictly as a fire and forget power unless things are calm enough that I don't have anything better to hit with Shockwave.

Offensive Biotics at 6:
4. Power Efficiency
5. Combo Damage - I had Expose before, and there's nothing wrong with expose, but with the buffs everywhere else any team that isn't assholes won't need the help, and +30% combo damage is sweet as gently caress.
6. Biotic Expert

Barrier at 6:
4. Unyielding Barrier
5. Biotic Link
6. Saving Barrier

Gear: I use an Avenger X with a scope and barrel mod because I'm stupid and I like that lovely rifle, shut up, using a better gun will no doubt do better. Also the Adaptive War Amp (duh).

Boosters: I use the Recharge one and ammo, but it's not required.

So, basically the "trick" is to only have singularity up long enough to detonate, then you end it early so it explodes...and starts the recharge right away for the next one (Always Be (re)Charging). You have to move fast because armored and shielded dudes don't get stopped by it, so you throw it, and charge forward like a suicidal idiot while it's in the air, and then as soon as it pops up, you throw shockwave, then jetpack the gently caress back before you die, then you detonate the singularity for another AOE boom.

With ammo boosters you can also detonate your own Tech, Fire, or Cryo combos with Shockwave, which you can throw about twice for every Singularity.
If your team is good, and knows how to funnel the wave into a good killbox, you can chill behind cover blowing everything straight to hell and laughing like an rear end in a top hat except for objective rounds.

Every other situation, you keep moving or you die.

In conclusion: no doubt 99.9% of this bullshit is poo poo you already know, but whatever, it's fun as gently caress.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Is exploding singularity a detonator?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

tooterfish posted:

Is exploding singularity a detonator?

I wish.

Since the RNGesus decided to give me NINE freakin' Shadow cards (while my Equalizer is still at 1 and I'm missing a bunch of weapons outright) I decided to try it on Asari Sentinel (with both Throw and Energy Drain maxed as both primers and detonators) with incendiary ammo.

:allbuttons:

It's really freakin' good now with that setup. Good gravy.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Do +combo damage things work for that ability as a detonator, primer, or both? Thinking of dual use abilities (energy drain/throw)

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
had a blast for a few games and now whenever I join I get the bug where you spawn in with no abilities and the starting guns + massive lag :(

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

can confirm that the human adept specced for combos/exploding singularity is fun and effective.

also pull is crucial for the very satisfying ritual of pulling one of the last mooks on a wave from across the map and holding them in the air while your teammates waste them

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

ShadowHawk posted:

Do +combo damage things work for that ability as a detonator, primer, or both? Thinking of dual use abilities (energy drain/throw)

If I understand your question then, yeah, ime. The damage comes from the combo itself, so any power that does anything to make a combo benefits.

If you mean singularity's explode option? Then no that's just a little more damage on its own while you end it early (which you should be doing anyway to kickstart the recharge to use it again asap for more combos.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ShadowHawk posted:

I believe any power evolution that gives +combo damage increases the damage of all combos you detonate. I think the bonus does not get applied if you Prime and someone else Detonates, because it would use their own +combo %

Of course none of this is documented very well.

free hubcaps posted:

can confirm that the human adept specced for combos/exploding singularity is fun and effective.

I mean, even before the Buffening that was a solid setup. Try her with the Shadow if you have it at high rank, trust me.

edit: new thread title?

Games › Mass Effect Andromeda Multiplayer: The Buffening

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

precision posted:

I wish.

Since the RNGesus decided to give me NINE freakin' Shadow cards (while my Equalizer is still at 1 and I'm missing a bunch of weapons outright) I decided to try it on Asari Sentinel (with both Throw and Energy Drain maxed as both primers and detonators) with incendiary ammo.

:allbuttons:

It's really freakin' good now with that setup. Good gravy.
I didn't think it did. Lifting shockwave in that build had me wondering if I were missing a trick though.

Yeah, the shadow fairly good now. Not just as a primer, but as an honest to goodness gun.

Equaliser was always tad overrated imo, I think people just got overexcited because it'd actually hit the things you were aiming at.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

precision posted:

Try her with the Shadow if you have it at high rank, trust me.
Just try the Shadow in general, it's fun as gently caress now (it's also the best sounding gun in the game). An ammo mod is almost mandatory on it though. The xp boosters for mission funds is REALLY nice for people like me who didn't level many characters before the patch, but I do wish we could buy even tier 1 ammo boosters some way beyond spamming consumable packs and getting lucky. I'd like to be able to use one anytime I take the Hurricane into a game because HOLY poo poo the priming, it seems like it spits out the 10 hits in the same instant you press the fire button. I was doing just terrible things to destroyers on gold with a human soldier and disruptor ammo.

I finally got around to trying the Hesh and Dhan out last night, and wow. The Hesh is fantastic, if still a little less accurate than I'd like; I don't even want to know how bad it was before smart choke was fixed. The Dhan does insane damage, my Dhan I one-shot an ascendant's shield (silver) and I think I 3-shot a fiend hitting those little flank weakpoints. It's a shame about everything that isn't the damage though. It looks like poo poo, shooting it feels like poo poo, the projectile tracking is slow enough to almost be a detriment (this is more a lack of practice on my part probably), and I think the sound designer just added bass to a recording of a tube of toothpaste being squeezed for the firing sound. I hate every trigger pull because of that stupid noise it makes. Probably won't stop me using it every so often for the essentially guaranteed headshot kills though; I mean bad sound design or not, that damage is beastly.

After playing a bunch of games against kett now that people loving join kett lobbies, I feel like the Disciples got what they needed, and Anointed were over-nerfed. Disciples were waaaay too tanky for super accurate shotgunning stealth jerks, but Anointed are supposed to be essentially mobile heavy gun emplacements. I think a lowering of their shields, but an almost equal boost to their base health would have been a better way to go - keep them beefy and dangerous, but make it easier to make them more vulnerable. In a similar vein I don't think such a heavy nerf to Wraith health was necessary either, I feel like they're squishier than Adhis now. The fiend is still a teleporting z-axis-ignoring fuckhead (and continues to be invulnerable to cobras), but the sync kills in general would be a lot more tolerable if they were 'sync downs' like the Hydra instead of 'gently caress you for lagging, hang out on the floor' kills.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I kinda feel like Remnant are the easiest faction now.

Yeah I just tried the Shadow on a few other classes and it's fantastic, it also seems extremely easy to hit weakpoints with it. A fully shielded Destined or Anointed on Gold dies in about 1-2 seconds of supersoaker to the noggin.

My first maxed out Rare class is Angara Insurgent, and holy boy howdy he rocks. I don't have him max level yet, so I'm just rolling 1 point in Shield Boost, max Turret with Flamethrower (and DON'T take the health upgrade, you WANT it to be exploding so it does the 400 damage and you can just immediately re-deploy it with the new way the cooldown works), max Trip Mines with All The Damage (and the Detonating evo), and max Bio with the Ward. You can pretty much just put your Turret out and sit in a corner watching enemies explode trying to get to you, Shield Boost if they surprise you, and hose 'em with the Shadow if need be.

I still don't have Duelist, Operator, or Avenger. I did just get my second Kineticist card at least..

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Hm I actually find the Kett to be the easiest now. They are just made of tissue.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's still quite fast for kett to become a clusterfuck on later gold waves since they all seem to be worth incredibly low point values. Remnant are probably the easiest since outlaws are spongier than ever now, except for classes like the asari adept who get melted pretty quickly by observers. I would say kett are the easiest for the asari adept right now. The ruzad buff and working smart choke make for an awesome weapon to use on her

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Rascyc posted:

Hm I actually find the Kett to be the easiest now. They are just made of tissue.

Yeah, I've had Outlaws mercilessly focus fire me when I had all three teammates in front of me in the open and then charge past them to stomp me without waiting. It was a laggy game but :stonk: drat.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Zigmidge posted:

Platinum difficulty needs to happen now that the rpg crowd is happy.

You read the part where they fired the entire dev team right

precision posted:

Good freakin' lord, HuSol with all the available buffs to Combat Powers is a walking death machine. 4 Frag Grenades will nuke a whole spawn, and I have 8 at all times. Concussive Shot also completely owns now, and Turbocharge makes the Rozerad... good?!?!

What game am I playing, and why wasn't I playing it 6 weeks ago

I personally wonder how long it will take people to go from this to "lol, game sucks 2 ez" now that everything's been buffed

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Digirat posted:

Remnant are probably the easiest since outlaws are spongier than ever now, except for classes like the asari adept who get melted pretty quickly by observers. I would say kett are the easiest for the asari adept right now. The ruzad buff and working smart choke make for an awesome weapon to use on her

This is me. gently caress Remnant forever.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I personally wonder how long it will take people to go from this to "lol, game sucks 2 ez" now that everything's been buffed

They have a token crew remaining and those guys are focusing solely on the MP.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Kalenn Istarion posted:

They're not fired.

They are, however, now the bitchwork crew for the other Bioware teams.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

precision posted:

I believe any power evolution that gives +combo damage increases the damage of all combos you detonate. I think the bonus does not get applied if you Prime and someone else Detonates, because it would use their own +combo %

Of course none of this is documented very well.

Error 404 posted:

If I understand your question then, yeah, ime. The damage comes from the combo itself, so any power that does anything to make a combo benefits.
So these are saying the opposite.

If I spec energy drain for +combo damage, and use it to detonate a target, I expect the combo does extra damage, though I haven't tested it.
If I spec energy drain for +combo damage, and use it to prime a target, will the combo do extra damage? What if someone else detonates?

Also I'm like 90% sure throw -> energy drain does different damage from energy drain -> throw when the combo goes off, even if neither are specced for combo damage.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
They could do a lot worse than transfer over the character and maps from ME3 multiplayer if they don't have much in the way of resources to do design. Some verticality added to take advantage of jetpacks and poo poo.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
They brought this up on reddit but while man the game is fun now the character rank system really does not treat Biotic characters well. Soldiers etc are mostly kit-complete with lower skill points but examining my Asari Adept (who is super fun holy poo poo) I'm gonna need a poo poo-ton more points to make a complete build. Can't imagine how bad it's gonna be for the UR classes.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

How do you play the Asari adept? I'm enjoying the human one a lot but haven't really checked out the Asari one.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

ShadowHawk posted:

So these are saying the opposite.

If I spec energy drain for +combo damage, and use it to detonate a target, I expect the combo does extra damage, though I haven't tested it.
If I spec energy drain for +combo damage, and use it to prime a target, will the combo do extra damage? What if someone else detonates?

Also I'm like 90% sure throw -> energy drain does different damage from energy drain -> throw when the combo goes off, even if neither are specced for combo damage.

+Combo damage is a universal perk. So as long as you detonate a combo, no matter how you do it. You will get the extra damage.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Flipswitch posted:

How do you play the Asari adept? I'm enjoying the human one a lot but haven't really checked out the Asari one.
Right now very badly since she needs a lot of her 5s and 6s to really function the way she should. She is a total close-range glass cannon and what I mainly do is run around the battlefield firing off Pushes and Lances the second anything enters my Annihilation Field and shotgunning any survivors as they lay helpless.

At lvl20 and maxed skills she gets a lot of recharge speed bonuses as well as shields being restored on enemy death so I'm gonna be pinballing around the place delivering biotic pain.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Flipswitch posted:

Annihilation field to recharge shields, shield-powered lance, saving barrier so you don't melt on gold.

Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

ShadowHawk posted:

The difference is in the combo itself. Biotic combos do more damage than Tech Combos, but the latter has a small DoT and leaves behind a patch of CC+damage on the floor.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight

Kaysette posted:

Annihilation field to recharge shields, shield-powered lance, saving barrier so you don't melt on gold.

If you do this build on gold, you better host every single game you play. I ended up going back to 6 in throw 1 in lance because I don't want to tack 5-10 minutes onto the time it takes every game to start just so I can be completely lag free. Stray bullets from anywhere totally gently caress you all the time with her tiny shield pool. Honestly, with throw on a 5'ish second cooldown, lance and melee to break up the periods between cooldowns, she's still a constant combo machine, and much much safer. CAVEAT: The shield-powered lance build makes you feel like a loving superhero on bronze and silver. It's the coolest thing.

edit: I keep calling lance 'warp', oh what could have been :(

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Which would be the best class post-patch for starting multiplayer out with and having some amount of fun? I tried Human Adept and that seemed like a not entirely correct choice

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

geonetix posted:

Which would be the best class post-patch for starting multiplayer out with and having some amount of fun? I tried Human Adept and that seemed like a not entirely correct choice

Human soldier is effective, but not the most exciting.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Error 404 posted:

Human soldier is effective, but not the most exciting.

Engineer is pretty good with the boost to incinerate and turret.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Soldier is the most basic of the basic: Shoot guns and throw grenades.

Human Vanguard is pretty good for learning more dynamic playstyles; it's fun and also pretty tanky so you don't get downed for every basic mistake you make.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Relentless posted:

Engineer is pretty good with the boost to incinerate and turret.

Krogan Engineer, or failing that, Human Engineer is the best choice, I think.

Throwing out Incinerate and Overload and just making everybody explode in between shotgun sniping them with the Crusader is just good and fun.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm loving turian agent

gently caress sniper rifles though, ruzad all the way

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Pierson posted:

Soldier is the most basic of the basic: Shoot guns and throw grenades.

Human Vanguard is pretty good for learning more dynamic playstyles; it's fun and also pretty tanky so you don't get downed for every basic mistake you make.

It's also the worst class to learn the game on, because it teaches you incredibly bad habits.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Two Finger posted:

It's also the worst class to learn the game on, because it teaches you incredibly bad habits.

Like what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

I went for the soldier and, even though it's fun, it feels a bit boring, especially after completing the game as a charge-crazy vanguard just zipping around the field, just shooting things isn't .. it... Maybe I should give the vanguard a try next time.

• Locked thread