Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Sandpuppy posted:

This Comey business is looking pretty dire ...what else can I make an ObamaBad about?

There's no way this makes any sense in my mind other than Ramirez just had a badly drawn skeleton hand grasping the earth stored away for a rainy day and just wrote some random poo poo on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Page 420, ya'll. Let's smoke some jazz cigarettes.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cloud Potato posted:

Observer:

"Corbyn's sweetshop and Cruella de May - Chris Riddell on the Labour manifesto"
Is there the reverse phenomenon of Americans talking about the NHS when British talk about re-privatizing the mail, and they point to the USPS? Or do people just go "gently caress you it was public for 499 years and it's been even slightly private for 6 go eat a dick and die"?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

But trans people exist, so I'm still voting Trump in 2020 btw

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/prof_gabriele/status/863761112168370176

this counts

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The kids gonna go places.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Call me crazy, but I don't think his kid actually made that

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

But I thought that novelty bathtubs were legal already?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Crazycryodude posted:

Call me crazy, but I don't think his kid actually made that

his other tweets say his kid is 13 years old, that's definitely old enough to make/have seen that kind of punchline. he's just not that good at drawing is all

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Hundreds of Millions dead due to Mary Jane's invention the demon weed.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Angepain posted:

his other tweets say his kid is 13 years old, that's definitely old enough to make/have seen that kind of punchline. he's just not that good at drawing is all

i still draw like that and i'm 25 :cry:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Stultus Maximus posted:

have some Sunday Funnies Crossover Comics in which Scott Adams wins an argument with a hilarious straw man!

I can't even recall the perception I had of Dilbert before this thread showed me what an idiot the guy is.

Listen, pal, if you think that kid isn't already smoking before pot gets legalized then you are out of your mind.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Get a clue. Making something illegal makes it go away. See also abortion and homosexuality.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Alhazred posted:

No new Zelda today:

Ma'am this is a 7-eleven

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

Lurdiak posted:

There's no way this makes any sense in my mind other than Ramirez just had a badly drawn skeleton hand grasping the earth stored away for a rainy day and just wrote some random poo poo on it.

I don't get why he bothered with the labels. I mean, who's not gonna understand that a skeletal hand gripping for the Earth signifies bad and not good? Might as well have written

To celebrate the occasion.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Legalization could lead to Big Weed, an industry that drowns out all the "little guy" competition.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

reignonyourparade posted:

Hundreds of Millions dead due to Mary Jane's invention the demon weed.

The devil's cabbage

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Today I just realized I've wasted way to much time reading these... yet I can't look away... someone save me :negative:

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

Is... is that a reference to the refugee toddler who drowned?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Spiffster posted:

Today I just realized I've wasted way to much time reading these... yet I can't look away... someone save me :negative:

You won't be a true politoons expert until you read every page of every archived thread.

Do it. :devil:

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

You won't be a true politoons expert until you read every page of every archived thread.

Do it. :devil:

Buy me archives and you got a deal :getin:

apokaladle posted:

I think so... gently caress my states token conservative artist

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

apokaladle posted:

this comic was a year before that

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Stultus Maximus posted:

have some Sunday Funnies Crossover Comics in which Scott Adams wins an argument with a hilarious straw man!

Scott Adams has been a climate change denier for a long time, though he insists he's not a denier, he's "just asking questions."

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Twelve by Pies posted:

Scott Adams has been a climate change denier for a long time, though he insists he's not a denier, he's "just asking questions."
His ostensible argument is literally "corporate culture pretends it has meaningful models of behavior, ergo all science is mambo-jumbo".

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
scott adams literally believes writing what you want on post-it notes all day will get you that thing, which you might notice sounds a lot like a weird atheist version of praying

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

mandatory lesbian posted:

scott adams literally believes writing what you want on post-it notes all day will get you that thing, which you might notice sounds a lot like a weird atheist version of praying

Some people can't admit how much they want Jesus in their lives.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Is there the reverse phenomenon of Americans talking about the NHS when British talk about re-privatizing the mail, and they point to the USPS? Or do people just go "gently caress you it was public for 499 years and it's been even slightly private for 6 go eat a dick and die"?

You've got it backwards and to be fair, the cartoon's confusing. Corbyn is proposing DE-privatizing (aka nationalizing) the Royal Mail, Energy, and the NHS. He's also against Tuition fees which again may not come across in that cartoon. We had a national Royal Mail up until like, 2010, when it was sold off in an attempt to get some ready cash. There wasn't really a debate because it was a foregone conclusion. The longest trail in the news was lambasting Vince Cable, the (LibDem) business secretary, who had priced the shares to move - they resold for something like half as much again a month later.

Ya, that's how Trump got elected. Not enough Hillary post-it notes.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 14, 2017

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Please tell me this is because he read The Secret.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

the secret was written in 2006, while The Dilbert Future was written in 1997, so I'm afraid he's been...what do you even call affirmations, it's not pseudo-science. spiritualism? even tho he's explicitly not spiritual?

well whatever it is, he's been it for at least 20 years

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Bicyclops posted:

I think it's more like he read the Wikipedia article on The Secret, wrote his own version, and called it The Dilbert Secret.

E: what a beautiful f, b.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Bicyclops posted:

He had the same idea.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
when i was a kid, i loved dilbert cause it was a look into an adult world that was weird and funny to me, and even then reading the last chapter of The Dilbert Future I was able to keenly spot that it was dumb bullshit

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

https://twitter.com/prof_gabriele/status/863802262967255040

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the secret was written in 2006, while The Dilbert Future was written in 1997, so I'm afraid he's been...what do you even call affirmations, it's not pseudo-science. spiritualism? even tho he's explicitly not spiritual?

well whatever it is, he's been it for at least 20 years

It's still funny that he made up his own version but something about him specifically falling victim to the fad and just clinging to it for 10 years would have made me give a hearty belly laugh. Affirmation stuff is such a libertarian concept, it's like the apotheosis of blaming people for circumstances beyond their control.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Copying another artist hard research goes well with politoons.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

this only improves the chances this kid will be a poli-cartoonist

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Honestly, by admitting it he already has the ethical high-ground over most.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
still in time for 420

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reaganomicon
Jan 31, 2004

Flush please

behold: the only way smoking weed is gonna kill someone.

drowning in the bongwater.

• Locked thread