Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Tarage posted:

Expect a genki explosion tomorrow!

:3: I can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Tarage posted:

Warning! Warning! We are reaching critical 'pire levels.

Expect a genki explosion tomorrow!

oh dear.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
http://bato.to/reader#3d38ed7ea7c9cb74

Warning: Dangerously genki 'pires!

Zore posted:

God I wish I could find more dumb+cute series like this. I was re-reading some of the early chapters and its kind of amazing how quickly it finds its feet.

Might I recommend Komi?

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/komi-san-wa-komyusho-desu-r16617

Doesn't have 'pires, but does have a vibrating owlcat.

Tarage fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 11, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I thought Mikan knew about the Vampire thing?

Goddamn its hard to keep track of who knows which secret in this.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Mikan knows about Nagisa and Shiho, right? Or am I misremembering?

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

SpacePig posted:

All three know about each other. Mikan does not know about Youko.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Oh no, oh dear, oh no. :smith:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

SpacePig posted:

I think she also knows about time travel, thanks to a certain cute but dumb granddaughter. But yeah, I don't think she'd be the one to break Youko's secret if anyone was. At least, I hope not- that'd be a terrible ending to a cute as hell chapter.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I think it breaks down;

Everyone (meaning girls with secrets) knows about Nagisa and Shiho at this point. Nagisa and Shiho are aware of everything except Demon Principal (I think they know about time travel too at least). Youko knows about everything but Time Travel and the fortune glasses? Mikan knews everything but the Demon Principal now.

Rin probably should know everything since she's from the future, but as established people in this comic are cute and very, very dumb.

I think?

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
Chapter 170 is a turning point chapter that sets up the second to last arc. You won't want to miss it.

King Superman
Nov 14, 2016
Okay, while that ending is ominous, I've got to acknowledge that great group shot on page 13. At first I was wondering why Karen looks so discouraged while all her friends smiling, but then I noticed the diplomas-- the diplomas carried by everyone except Karen. She got held back again.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Hmm, some stalkers on page 6. Watch out!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tarage posted:

Might I recommend Komi?

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/komi-san-wa-komyusho-desu-r16617

Doesn't have 'pires, but does have a vibrating owlcat.

I will second the Komi rec. It is absolutely adorable and I like the low key romance that is building. Fair warning, there is some weirdness in how they translated one character's gender if that might bother you.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
This just means Mikan needs to do some Photoshopping before handing out the party pictures.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Tarage posted:

All three know about each other. Mikan does not know about Youko.

I thought so. I'm interested to see how this creates a problem if an alien and a sexy werewolf didn't. I guess maybe other people's pictures?

The Sandman posted:

This just means Mikan needs to do some Photoshopping before handing out the party pictures.

How, though? Draw a picture of Youko herself?

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Agronox posted:

I was hoping someone would notice.

Also not enough people commenting on how loving adorable Youko is.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Tarage posted:

here's the thing.

I spent the entire like, 3/4s of the chapter being amazed at how cute a person Youko is. That last little bit worried me so much that I can't even think about cuteness until I'm sure it's going to be protected

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Tarage posted:

YEAH, THIS.

TheFlyingLlama posted:

here's the thing.

I spent the entire like, 3/4s of the chapter being amazed at how cute a person Youko is. That last little bit worried me so much that I can't even think about cuteness until I'm sure it's going to be protected

I was "aw poo poo this is MAXIMUM CUTE" until, yknow, the loving reveal at the end. :tinfoil:

Zeruel fucked around with this message at 07:00 on May 11, 2017

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Well, it also seems to be setting up a dramatic confrontation where Youko is going to be revealed to the school with all the parallels to her parents.

Still cute as heck tho.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Agronox posted:

God drat it

And I usually check for them too.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Tarage posted:

this is just really a masterful chapter, but for some reason the thing i appreciate most is asashi hitting is head. it shows how earnest and in the moment he's being, avoids the cliché panel of a purposeful declaration and keeps with his slightly nebbish character. a great little touch

and as always i love that flashback panels are all drawn with the old art style

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Zore posted:

God I wish I could find more dumb+cute series like this. I was re-reading some of the early chapters and its kind of amazing how quickly it finds its feet.

Here you go, some dumb + cute series, though sometimes more cute than dumb, and sometimes more dumb than cute

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Tamen-De-Gushi (they're super cute together)
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kakao-79 (the faces in this one are a sight to behold even if the art isn't great)
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Horimiya (sometimes gets into some weird storylines but mostly dumb, and cute)
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Hitoribocchi-no-OO-Seikatsu (extremely cute, and dumb)
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/T-REX-na-Kanojo (extremely dumb, and cute)

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Bonnouji: http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/bonnouji-r1019

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Tarage posted:

It's because she's always adorable. It's basically to be expected at this point. Anything else is what's exceptional.

I'm gonna second this one, and then throw in my own. If you somehow haven't read Lovely Complex yet, it's honestly one of the best, dumb, cute romance mangas I've ever read. Not sure it's still in print from Viz in the US.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

SpacePig posted:

I'm gonna second this one, and then throw in my own. If you somehow haven't read Lovely Complex yet, it's honestly one of the best, dumb, cute romance mangas I've ever read. Not sure it's still in print from Viz in the US.

Yes to both. Also Please Love Useless Me by the same author as LoveCom.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

a kitten posted:

Yes to both. Also Please Love Useless Me by the same author as LoveCom.

How did I not know she has another one? Christ, I have some reading to do.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

TheFlyingLlama posted:

here's the thing.

A yuup

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

SpacePig posted:

How did I not know she has another one? Christ, I have some reading to do.

It's so good. Join the discussion over in the shoujo and josei thread when you catch up!

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Nobody mentioning the brief flashbacks to Chapter 1's art style? Okay then.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Mirage posted:

Whenever he does flashbacks he directly copies the frames. Those are from chapter 2. I know because I went back to check the quotes to make sure they were exactly the same.

I am an anal motherfucker.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Mirage posted:

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

and as always i love that flashback panels are all drawn with the old art style

:colbert:

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I always assume that previously shown flashbacks are copy and pasted. Why waste time redrawing them?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Not sure if its great foreshadowing or a coincidence, but when we meet Asahi playing cards with everyone he steals 'anti-mind reading glasses' from his friend who actually can read people's minds.

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.

Zore posted:

Not sure if its great foreshadowing or a coincidence, but when we meet Asahi playing cards with everyone he steals 'anti-mind reading glasses' from his friend who actually can read people's minds.

Honestly, I have no bloody idea. All I know is he makes it seem natural, what with his evolving callbacks. For example, the panties that Shiho keeps losing in that one Shima chapter are the same ones she wanted to buy in the "Run for the burgers" chapter.

Dude remembers poo poo.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Tarage posted:

Honestly, I have no bloody idea. All I know is he makes it seem natural, what with his evolving callbacks. For example, the panties that Shiho keeps losing in that one Shima chapter are the same ones she wanted to buy in the "Run for the burgers" chapter.

Dude remembers poo poo.

You can tell he cares about his story; it's not just a cash grab.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tarage posted:

How do you turn off these feelings enveloping me? It's like a :ssj: but instead of maximum Badass power to punch poo poo up, it's maximum :3:. Or hell, even :kimchi:

Those reveals at the end, though. :ohdear:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

There Bias Two posted:

I always assume that previously shown flashbacks are copy and pasted. Why waste time redrawing them?

It's not just that - the paneling layouts for like, 1/3 of the chapters are copied from other chapters. These are the chapters that directly reference those previous chapters, like the Prez confession chapters.
It's beautiful how interwoven everything in this manga is.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Yeah, rereading earlier chapters is a trip. Tons of poo poo starts super early.

Like the running gag of Shima being arrested starts in chapter 18. Its an amazing one panel background thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarage
Dec 17, 2015

Just a little bwaka.
http://bato.to/reader#50d88406647037db

Welcome to the time where even the chapter title is a spoiler.

• Locked thread