Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's more of a political false consciousness

there is no such thing as political false consciousness. Marks was wrong. political consciousness cannot be true or false—instead they can be felicitous or infelicitous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Baloogan posted:

there is no such thing as political false consciousness. Marks was wrong. political consciousness cannot be true or false—instead they can be felicitous or infelicitous.

White supremacy and getting masculine powers from saving your cum are both false, sorry.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

White supremacy and getting masculine powers from saving your cum are both false, sorry.

oh those are definitely false

but think of it this way, some lazy goon is in bed, can't wake him up, scream "FIRE FIRE OH GOD FIRE" even tho there isn't a fire will still wake up the lazy goon

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

The Nazi scumfucks were also chanting "blood and soil"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blut_und_Boden

I don't think anyone can honestly argue "Nazi" is a hyperbolic term for these reprehensible worms any more.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Baloogan posted:

oh those are definitely false

but think of it this way, some lazy goon is in bed, can't wake him up, scream "FIRE FIRE OH GOD FIRE" even tho there isn't a fire will still wake up the lazy goon

Sure, but if they believe there's a fire when there isn't any then that's a false consciousness. They won't be truly conscious until they recognize the reality of their world, which is that there is no fire. You've created the perception of a threat where there is none, which is also a perfect metaphor for what's happened to all these alt right guys.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im just fascinated like, the chain of events that got this guy away from his computer

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Jesus just launch the nukes already

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Montasque posted:

This guy was Boston strong.

Here's more BATTLE OF BOSTON pictures:

i get why black bloc dresses that way to look threatening but is there a purpose to the pepe boys dressing like overimaginitive 8 year olds settling down with a bowl of fruit loops to watch saturday morning cartoons

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Did you watch the video where they mention fruit loops whilst ineffectually hitting the new initiate because that would explain it

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
loving massholes

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Baloogan posted:

its goddamn fascinating to see the explosion of political consciousness among the channers / pepes

I'm not quite sure they're self-aware enough to call it consciousness, really.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

I enjoy seeing the 'freedom rallies' where people holding signs that way things like "BLUE LIVES MATTER" start arguments with said blue lives, when the blue lives ask them to move. Because the cops don't want a riot to start out.

"BLUE LIVES MATTER!"
"Yes, that's great. However, if you all could move down the sidewalk, away from the counterprotesters...."
"I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE HERE THIS IS FREE SPEECH I NEED A LAWYER SOMEONE GET ME SOMEONE VERSED IN CONSTITUTIONAL LAW! I AM BEING OPPRESSED!"

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Heaven Spacey posted:

I don't think anyone can honestly argue "Nazi" is a hyperbolic term for these reprehensible worms any more.

True, but these are identy Europa and Spencer, they are the hardcore alt right nazi types, while the proud boys are more like a even dumber SA but more on the spectrum.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Heaven Spacey posted:

There is a clear divide between the Pepe boys and Spencer/Project Evropa/traditionalist Workers Party in my eyes.

the latter are Nazis. the former are autistic meme kids "loving with you."

the part that scares me is that the Nazis are trying to recruit the meme kids. thankfully their efforts have mostly been in vain so far.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Al! posted:

i get why black bloc dresses that way to look threatening but is there a purpose to the pepe boys dressing like overimaginitive 8 year olds settling down with a bowl of fruit loops to watch saturday morning cartoons

the meme squad is made up of people on the spectrum.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Go back 2 kitchen, make ma a sammich woman! Lol jk u mad bro

*6 months later*

I said make me a sandwich feminazi bitch

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

guys, im starting to suspect these people who have created a fake national liberation movement and cult around an anthropomorphic cartoon frog the defining feature of which is his love for pissing with his pants all the way down

yeah im startin to suspect these dudes might not be all there

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Montasque posted:

There is a clear divide between the Pepe boys and Spencer/Project Evropa/traditionalist Workers Party in my eyes.

the latter are Nazis. the former are autistic meme kids "loving with you."

the part that scares me is that the Nazis are trying to recruit the meme kids. thankfully their efforts have mostly been in vain so far.

I agree that they aren't the same people, but I don't think there's that much of a difference between what they actually do. They are all just lovely white guys making racist posts. The only thing different is that Spencer thinks he can appeal to a wider audience and the /pol/ kids seem to know that's a fantasy and try to be as obscure as possible.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
These guys are going to be on a ballot for something within our lifetimes.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

ScrubLeague posted:

These guys are going to be on a ballot for something within our lifetimes.

Lucky for them they didn't leave a trail of humiliating and incriminating poo poo on the Internet.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Who do you think is going to be doing the voting

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

Agag posted:

Lucky for them they didn't leave a trail of humiliating and incriminating poo poo on the Internet.

someone like that could never get elected!

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

ScrubLeague posted:

Who do you think is going to be doing the voting

These guys have no mass appeal whatsoever, and never will. Once the typical suburban dads, military vets, libertarians, and super-christians who make up the right wing get a close look at these people they will be disgusted. Not on some "racist is wrong for the following reasons" poo poo, but just because these guys are viscerally disgusting.

Not to say that an actual populist/fascist couldn't make a run in American politics. But it won't be these freaks.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
This poor man.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Agag posted:

These guys have no mass appeal whatsoever, and never will. Once the typical suburban dads, military vets, libertarians, and super-christians who make up the right wing get a close look at these people they will be disgusted. Not on some "racist is wrong for the following reasons" poo poo, but just because these guys are viscerally disgusting.

Not to say that an actual populist/fascist couldn't make a run in American politics. But it won't be these freaks.

My dude, these motherfuckers are going to be the typical suburban dads, military vets, libertarians, and super-christians. This is the next generation.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

The Brown Menace posted:

someone like that could never get elected!

If Trump was bragging about jacking off to hentai instead of good old fashioned sexual harassment he would have been finished.

He also said he was going to bring the factories back to small town USA, which is more appealing to voters than, say, gassing the Jews.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

ScrubLeague posted:

My dude, these motherfuckers are going to be the typical suburban dads, military vets, libertarians, and super-christians. This is the next generation.

No, man. These people are marginal freaks among Internet addicts. They are emotionally and socially crippled losers of the highest order. I don't know what the average tween of today is going to grow up into, but its not going to be a person who posts on /pol/.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

ScrubLeague posted:

This poor man.

He should think really hard about going by "Rich."

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Agag posted:

or Dick even

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Agag posted:

Why should he change his name? It's the other guy who sucks.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Dick Spence, Nazi Smasher

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

he should make a forceful point to distance himself from dick spence and the nazis by legally changing his name to joseph stalin

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

ScrubLeague posted:

Kek worship guarantees celibacy.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

ScrubLeague posted:

typical suburban dads of the future are going to be muddlesome centrists

these dudes are going to grow up to be the weird uncles of their family

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Agag posted:

I agree that they aren't the same people, but I don't think there's that much of a difference between what they actually do. They are all just lovely white guys making racist posts. The only thing different is that Spencer thinks he can appeal to a wider audience and the /pol/ kids seem to know that's a fantasy and try to be as obscure as possible.

I kinda agree with this, but I think after yesterday there will be more divergence between the two groups.

There's a big difference between being autistic in a park in Boston, and gathering by torch light at the statue of R E Lee in Charlottesville while chanting BLOOD AND SOIL. One is idiotic IRL trolling, the other is a clear call back to the Klan created to intimidate the black citizens of Charlottesville.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Montasque posted:

I kinda agree with this, but I think after yesterday there will be more divergence between the two groups.

There's a big difference between being autistic in a park in Boston, and gathering by torch light at the statue of R E Lee in Charlottesville while chanting BLOOD AND SOIL. One is idiotic IRL trolling, the other is a clear call back to the Klan created to intimidate the black citizens of Charlottesville.

the pepe boys in boston seemed a lot closer to the anti-scientologist protests than a violent vanguard of a new political animus

there were still dudes in militaria and trying to look swole but a lot of them were just goofy weirdo kids, a lot of the harder right wing extremists seemed absent

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The gathering in Charlottesville was broken up by a fist fight. Not even the hardcore racists can stand each other to keep a United front.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Agag posted:

Dick Spence, Nazi Smasher
Spencer None The Richard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/stalingamergate/status/863778708095717376