Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/jaybusbee/status/863589737705197568

In case you forgot, it's still All About Danica.

She's finished one of the last four starts, I can see where's coming from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Good job Ty you piece of poo poo

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Whose car got the saw?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

iospace posted:

Whose car got the saw?

Almirola

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Come on, Ryan Blaney, gaw dammit.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

CBJSprague24 posted:

Can you just let me know which part is All About Danica if a professional race car driver answers a question they're asked about a race ending wreck?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I see they cut out the part where she said she hoped aric was ok and how he got the worst of it.

Get the gently caress out of here with this bullshit.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Just catching up on the whole race now, yikes that wreck. I guess there's no word on Almirola yet?

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

kidcoelacanth posted:

Just catching up on the whole race now, yikes that wreck. I guess there's no word on Almirola yet?

https://twitter.com/RPMReport/status/863605983188103168

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

He was transported for observation which tells you nothing about his condition.

He was alert and talking to crews at the track and had enough movement in his upper body to drop the window net.

eighty-four merc
Dec 22, 2010

In 2020, we're going to make the end of Fight Club real.
http://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/05/14/aric-almirola-kansas-wreck-update/

quote:

Aric Almirola, driver of the No. 43 Richard Petty Motorsports Ford, was involved in a multi-car accident on Lap 199 during Saturday night’s race.

Almirola was alert after the accident as safety professionals removed him from the car. He was transported by helicopter to a local medical facility for evaluation. He is in stable condition and will be held overnight for further observation.

Richard Petty Motorsports will provide further updates when appropriate.

Still not a lot of new information but at least he is "stable." The vagueness doesn't sit well with me, though.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

eighty-four merc posted:

http://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/05/14/aric-almirola-kansas-wreck-update/

Still not a lot of new information but at least he is "stable." The vagueness doesn't sit well with me, though.

It's PHI (Protected Health Information). You won't hear much until Almirola signs the appropriate forms.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
BUT WHAT IF HE CAN'T?!?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

BUT WHAT IF HE CAN'T?!?

Then whoever has power of attorney can.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
They cut the roof off to extract straight up, which is neck and/or back. Stable and observation is usually code for "we're x-raying him"

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VikingSkull posted:

They cut the roof off to extract straight up, which is neck and/or back. Stable and observation is usually code for "we're x-raying him"

Justin Fontaine fractured his back in ARCA this year and they had to cut him out.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

There's a video/still on NASCAR on FOX's Twitter showing Almirola being lifted out of the car with a neck brace on and it looks like something out of a movie.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

http://www.racer.com/nascar/item/140446-almirola-out-of-hospital-with-compression-fracture

Compression fracture seems to be what happened.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
A compression fracture is not bad at all considering the alternatives. He'll be sore as hell for a couple months but probably otherwise okay if they're releasing him already without surgery. It's probably not something he can race with until it's fully healed, though.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Time to play the who gonna drive the 43 game!

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
If it's going to be a Ford team, I could see it being Bubba Wallace or Ryan Reed.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

dentist toy box posted:

I'll take Regan Smith or Greg Biffle.

e- Let's all feel better with another :allears: Tweet from the best NASCAR Twitter account:

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/863865045243092992

I'm now smiling picturing any card game with Junyer taking all day because he says things like "Hang on, hang on a minute, now. I'm fixin' to read this here card about the Goody's Dash Series." or "Shut up, now, I'm tryna figure out which track this is on.".

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 23:22 on May 14, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

L_Harrison posted:

If it's going to be a Ford team, I could see it being Bubba Wallace or Ryan Reed.

Bubba please.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Smoke gon drive dis

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

600 to be done in 4 stages, because more commercials.

http://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/05/15/charlotte-coca-cola-600-to-be-run-with-four-stages/?linkId=100000000394337

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

So it's that terrible format for the All-Star Race, only pushed forward a week. Cool?

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

dentist toy box posted:

Tommy Kendall said he had an announcement today, and when someone suggested he was running the 43 at Sears Point I got crazy excited.

Then he said he's running some race of champions or whatever in Saudi Arabia. Lame.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
it's gonna be Kyle Petty with NWO sponsorship

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Missed the race, poor bastard Amirola is. Even with all the safety equipment you're crashing at catastrophic speeds

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

VikingSkull posted:

it's gonna be Kyle Petty with NWO sponsorship

Peter Thiel backs Trump...
Brian France endorses Trump...
Almirola is assasinated mid-race...
Almirola is swiftly replaced by driver sponsored by Hulk Hogan...
...who can afford it because of a lawsuit bankrolled by...Peter Thiel!

:tinfoil:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Missed the race, poor bastard Amirola is. Even with all the safety equipment you're crashing at catastrophic speeds

I can't help but notice the seeming slight uptick in injuries in the Gen 6 era (Hamlin, Larson, Junyer, Almirola, Kyle if you want to include the NXS CoT). I don't remember anyone missing races due to a wreck in the CoT other than Junyer's first concussion.

We're way ahead of where we used to be, though.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24 posted:

I don't remember anyone missing races due to a wreck in the CoT other than Junyer's first concussion.

I seem to recall that Jr initially got the concussion testing a Gen6 car and the subsequent CoT wreck (that you're referencing) exacerbated it. I absolutely could be misremembering, though.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

I can't help but notice the seeming slight uptick in injuries in the Gen 6 era (Hamlin, Larson, Junyer, Almirola, Kyle if you want to include the NXS CoT). I don't remember anyone missing races due to a wreck in the CoT other than Junyer's first concussion.

We're way ahead of where we used to be, though.

No. Its more awareness.

Drivers use to do really dumb poo poo and hide lots of knarly injuries or just drive through it. Now there is a bigger focus. That and you have a pretty sharp evolution in health and conditioning which is probably lowering injury rates.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Genocide Tendency posted:

No. Its more awareness.

Drivers use to do really dumb poo poo and hide lots of knarly injuries or just drive through it. Now there is a bigger focus. That and you have a pretty sharp evolution in health and conditioning which is probably lowering injury rates.

I'm not talking about hidden stuff, I'm referring to actual "He can't drive next week" injuries. I started watching full-time in 1997 and remember several injuries in the first few years which required replacement drivers for a period of time- Ricky Craven's repeated concussions in '97 and '98, Ernie Irvan being injured again in '98 and finally retiring in '99 due to injury, Steve Park and Greg Sacks (who got the Jaws at Texas) missing a chunk of the season in 1998, Morgan Shepherd driving for RCR because Mike Skinner was hurt, Joe Nemechek missing races in 2001, etc.. It fortunately seemed to improve to the point where I can't remember it happening after Jerry Nadeau at Richmond (probably because of the increased focus on safety after Dale got killed) and throughout the run of the CoT, but we're unfortunately starting to see it again every now and then with the examples I listed in the last post.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Even discounting the unknown amounts of hidden injuries, I recall it being fairly routine drivers racing with injuries that were of the type that made announcers act shocked they were still racing through the 90s.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I'm hearing rumors that Carl Long is in talks with Ortho.

Namely for a "Weed-B-Gone" sponsorship.

https://www.facebook.com/carllongmotorsports/posts/1483698651651783

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

that would own

also Reagan Smith in the 43 for all star

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

iospace posted:

"One way or another we are getting weed on our car!"

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

iospace posted:

Hahaha

Calling it now - Carl gets the fan vote next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/mattdracing/status/865163453044068352

• Locked thread