Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

We

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

my new dog posted:

The 2nd amendment rly is lol cus the people who will defend it have guns. We

a lot em don't have guns. fewer than a third of american households have guns.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Fixed.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

There was a documentary analysing the first 100 days of Trump's administration on tv the other day. I bet the makers are kicking themselves with all the lols they missed out on in that short turnaround period

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

Groovelord Neato posted:

a lot em don't have guns. fewer than a third of american households have guns.

so somewhere under 42 million households?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Jose posted:

i was expecting some lols this week but jfc lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah more people than that think the second amendment means you get to have unlimited guns with no restrictions.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

trump tweet obv means "w/e" as in "whatever"

trump is a 13-year-old girl tweeting at her haters

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
My point in bringing up the Tea Party Protests was really to ponder what that mindset must have been like. This thread is a direct reaction to every asinine thing Trump does, with a very clear anti-Trump slant. I'm wondering if this is how the Tea Partiers genuinely felt when Obama was in charge?

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
I guess if the Trump lols are thin today we can laugh at 2nd amendment nutters

lol someone at a local dentist's office near me shot himself in the leg a few months back because he was concealed carrying. Fishin' in his pocket for something, and shot himself right in the drat leg

You might ask "why didn't he have the safety on?" but you're already making the mistake of inquiring about logic with a man who thought he needed a gun to defend himself from tweens getting braces

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

The Archaic posted:

My point in bringing up the Tea Party Protests was really to ponder what that mindset must have been like. This thread is a direct reaction to every asinine thing Trump does, with a very clear anti-Trump slant. I'm wondering if this is how the Tea Partiers genuinely felt when Obama was in charge?

the difference is trump is actually doing the stuff people said he was doing. tea partiers were insane assholes who were in no danger of anything.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Trump is gonna get impeached and his last @potus tweet will just be "lol"

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

The Archaic posted:

We are reacting to the hilarious mistakes, breaches of protocol, and blatant dementia-inspired power-grabs of Trump.
Those people were getting their pants in a bind over Obama taking advantage of loopholes in law, consolidating power, and quashing rights of ordinary citizens that they were speculating would happen.

Ours is better because this poo poo's already happened when we laugh about it.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

SlipkPIe posted:

I guess if the Trump lols are thin today we can laugh at 2nd amendment nutters

lol someone at a local dentist's office near me shot himself in the leg a few months back because he was concealed carrying. Fishin' in his pocket for something, and shot himself right in the drat leg

You might ask "why didn't he have the safety on?" but you're already making the mistake of inquiring about logic with a man who thought he needed a gun to defend himself from tweens getting braces

I occasionally fall into a hole of depression and I've found the best way to claw my way out of it is to browse /r/EDC and suddenly I feel better about my own life decisions.

For instance, I'm glad I've never met a 'techincal recruiter' that feels the need to carry a pistol, extra magazine, two to three knives, hand lotion, "tactical" MAGA and Gadsden flag patches, and, probably worst of all, a Kindle keyboard.

https://www.reddit.com/r/EDC/comments/6b103s/30mtechnical_recruiter_edc_and_bag_dump/

EDIT: Wait, that might be four knives.

Cthulu Carl fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 14, 2017

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

Obsidianheart posted:

Ours is better because this poo poo's already happened when we laugh about it.

And because trump is just awful at it, and doing all the poo poo they said Obama would do

I can't wait until he fucks up and says something anti-gun during an interview

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.

Katana Gomai posted:

trump tweet obv means "w/e" as in "whatever"

trump is a 13-year-old girl tweeting at her haters

w/e = wet/erotic

Peepee tapes are real confirmed

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Cthulu Carl posted:

I occasionally fall into a hole of depression and I've found the best way to claw my way out of it is to browse /r/EDC and suddenly I feel better about my own life decisions.

For instance, I'm glad I've never met a 'techincal recruiter' that feels the need to carry a pistol, extra magazine, two to three knives, hand lotion, "tactical" MAGA and Gadsden flag patches, and, probably worst of all, a Kindle keyboard. https://imgur.com/a/z5klh

EDIT: Wait, that might be four knives.

Why does he prominently display the lone cough drop?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Obsidianheart posted:

Why does he prominently display the lone cough drop?

Why does he feel the need to carry his passport at all times? Why so many knives? Why does he not upgrade to a Paperwhite? Why so many medications in separate, bulky containers?

We need a version of :iiam: for these people wearing a red hat. It Is a MAGA.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

EDC people are delightfully insane, one gun (Glock) is the minimum, I've seen quite a few that have a back up pistol as well

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
For those of us who live in countries with sane firearm laws, what does EDC mean?

EDIT: Also this thread is just so great, thank you US goons for recording your countries steady slide into the ocean with such vigor for the rest of us.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
It means Every Day Carry. People post pictures of the 2 guns and 1 knife they need to bring every day to work in case terrorists decide to try to slaughter everyone at the retard masturbator office they work in

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
I feel like the more guns in a situation the worse. If nobody had guns(especially not cops), nobody would get shot.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

https://twitter.com/emrosenberg/status/863425822199361536

Lol Trump wasn't kidding when he said he thought a loyalty pledge was a good idea.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

The Archaic posted:

The biggest difference seems to be that Trump's detractors think he's a loving imbecile. And Obama's critics think he's too drat smart for his own good.

The major unifying complaint of republicans is that their opponents think they're so smart and are so drat smug about it. It's because most of them are idiots.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
It would be so great if the new FBI head announces he's continuing the investigation first day

So what happens when GrabMByThePussy never finds a new FBI appointment and just forgets he has to?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

This is definitely a cool and good thread. Let's ruin it by having another GBS gun derail.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I think a lot of the mindset behind the EDC crowd especially those posting pictures of all the unnecessary poo poo people feel the need to carry around at all times is to show how much more responsible and prepared for stuff they are than the lazy liberals. Another means of preserving their version of a holier than thou mindset

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

turn off the TV posted:

Lol Trump wasn't kidding when he said he thought a loyalty pledge was a good idea.

whats woring with that? arent you loyal to your country, do you want to keep your job?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My favorite thing about POTUS Donny Yeeze Triggidy is that no matter how dumb the thread derails become he forges ahead, GLORIOUSLY, and soon all the trash bag opinions get steamrolled because he, like, just passively records his office because he's a demented creep, or tries to cyber-bully the the FBI and they respond by dunking on him so hard that it might have torn open a portal in time big enough for Samurai Jack to get back to the past and go back in time to stop Aku from becoming President.

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
What about you, Ray? What's it going to be? Loyalty to your country, or loyalty to me? Your country, or your President? You don't know the truth yet. But sooner or later you'll have to choose.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

turn off the TV posted:

It's literally what Hitler did, when he changed the oath that soldiers had to take, so that they had to swear loyalty to his person instead of the state. Lol.

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

tangy yet delightful posted:

This is definitely a cool and good thread. Let's ruin it by having another GBS gun derail.

Yeah, gently caress the gun derail, bring on the fuckin orange monkey lols, diposhitz!

quote:

Isolated and agitated, Trump rattles White House from within

Washington (CNN)A buoyant President Donald Trump reemerged into public for the first time in more than a week on Friday, offering few signs of the malaise that has gripped his administration since the hasty dismissal of FBI Director James Comey.

"It's such an honor to be here," Trump declared to a group of military mothers gathered in the East Room for a Mother's Day event. "So bright and festive."

Downstairs, the mood was anything but.

In conversations with multiple advisers, conducted on condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations, officials described to CNN a sense of dejection within the West Wing ranks, where most aides were caught off guard by Trump's decision and had little ability to develop a cogent response. Even Vice President Mike Pence, who found his public statements again undercut by Trump himself, was "a little rattled" at the events of the week, according to an administration adviser.

Through it all, Trump has remained largely out of sight, not leaving the White House once since he returned late Sunday night. He grew increasingly isolated and agitated, associates tell CNN, going a full week without hearing the applause and adulation that often brightens his mood.

AHAHAHAHAHA senile dementia worsening because Bonald Jajinga Truimp has not gotten his hourly dosage of applause and loving retard adulation BOO HOO

LOL

EDIT: "It's such an honor to be heee hu hu hu hu *breaks down into pathetic sobbing*" :laffo:

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trump addicted to applause like I'm addicted to lols

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Jukebox Hero posted:

I feel like the more guns in a situation the worse. If nobody had guns(especially not cops), nobody would get shot.

you are correct. america is not run or peopled by sane people tho lol

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

They just keep dropping hints about the piss tape!! It's driving me insane!!!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the biggest lol is we're less than four months in. it feels like it's been years. time has lost all meaning.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

NotWearingPants posted:

The biggest difference seems to be that Trump's detractors think he's a loving imbecile. And Obama's critics think he's too drat smart for his own good.

The major unifying complaint of republicans is that their opponents think they're so smart and are so drat smug about it. It's because most of them are idiots.

obama straight up alley ooped the party nomination for the 2008 election from political superstar Hillary Clinton using a platform of 'i'm black yall' and despite being a two term senator nobody with the name 'terrorist o muslim' who despite not doing much managed to get his dick sucked entirely through his eight years in office, win a nobel peace prize for figuring out how to bomb people with robots and, personally won the war in iraq by ordering the attack on bin laden. he worked incredibly hard on legacy and image and he's the best president we've ever had or whatever because of it. you really cant say the guy doesn't have a sense of smugness about him and i mean rightly so he played the game pretty well. trump isn't playing the same game though

what are the chances trump realized that obama was probably the craftiest and smoothest motherfucker in the DNC and that if some milquetoast rear end out of touch coastal socialite could half rear end social appearances with a stick up his rear end and get applauded like that then he could top it, easily. the actual government plan was secondary

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Please clap

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Archaic posted:

His mere existence was a direct threat to the 2nd Amendment apparently.

Meanwhile, the administration that saw the most private gun sales ever? Obama's. What kind of makes me lol is these people just apparently living in an alternate reality. Trump really could just do anything and they'd justify it somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

trump is the most thin skinned baby to ever hold office in this country and his acolytes always talk about how tough and strong he is lmao