Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I've got some good sunsinger sticks I'll throw up later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
yes....come into my web....

http://i.imgur.com/shPFagz.gifv

i would straight up rage quit that match if this happened to me

http://i.imgur.com/lEOrNh1.gifv

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I finally got to play Iron Banner. Icebreaker + Weapons of Light. :getin:

Totally want to see if NLB 1-shot body shots with weapons now.

It took me two games to get all 25 kills needed for the crucible quest.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 07:35 on May 14, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Ularg posted:

I finally got to play Iron Banner. Icebreaker + Weapons of Light. :getin:

Totally want to see if NLB 1-shot body shots with weapons now.

It took me two games to get all 25 kills needed for the crucible quest.

nope. Needs to be 31 impact or higher.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

And that makes 12! I have finally beaten Destiny.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
Here's a representation of me in Trials tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrABJ1A50uA

:smith:

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

The Meat Dimension posted:

Here's a representation of me in Trials tonight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrABJ1A50uA

:smith:

Looks like you came in like a wrecking ball

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

Looks like you came in like a wrecking ball

Miley

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Alteisen posted:

And that makes 12! I have finally beaten Destiny.

I don't see your characters rocking the upgraded classic emblems. :colbert:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ularg posted:

I don't see your characters rocking the upgraded classic emblems. :colbert:

I'd probably use the one for being there from the start but I only have that one on the Xbone hilariously enough.

And OG Laurea Primea is better than all of those. :colbert:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Welp, I finally have the full set of armor from Normal and Heroic Wrath of the Machine raid. But forgot abotu the class item... because it never loving drops.

However, I have the Spliced hunter cloak, but the armor is all on my Warlock. Back during King's Fall I could just have the raid gear from any class in my inventory to unlock the shader, did they change that here?

Edit: And I just spent silver dust on the last two pieces of my dawning set but no way to get the shader for that either. I guess there's a class item too but I don't really see it available to purchase for silver dust like I do for the desolate gear.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 11:06 on May 14, 2017

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Was new content added to patrols at some point during or after Rise of Iron? I've seen some stuff I don't remember and I'm not sure when it was added. I can look up the details on youtube but it's a pain the the rear end to find specific stuff without a timeframe.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Was new content added to patrols at some point during or after Rise of Iron? I've seen some stuff I don't remember and I'm not sure when it was added. I can look up the details on youtube but it's a pain the the rear end to find specific stuff without a timeframe.

What kind of stuff are you talking about because I haven't noticed anything besides the Quarantine patrols that came with Rise of Iron.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Ularg posted:

What kind of stuff are you talking about because I haven't noticed anything besides the Quarantine patrols that came with Rise of Iron.

I didn't play much Rise of Iron and I didn't do any quarantine patrols I guess. I also saw some kind of interactable remains inside a cave in the original Cosmodrome that I hadn't seen before.

Unrelated, in the Rise of Iron map is there a way out of the boss area behind/under the Spider Tank if you end up down there?

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

I didn't play much Rise of Iron and I didn't do any quarantine patrols I guess. I also saw some kind of interactable remains inside a cave in the original Cosmodrome that I hadn't seen before.

Unrelated, in the Rise of Iron map is there a way out of the boss area behind/under the Spider Tank if you end up down there?

Yes, your ghost has a Return to Orbit function.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Those remains in the cave are a reference to the "Loot Cave" in Year 1 Destiny, you can interact with them to get a free node on your Age of Triumph book.

Once you drop down that shaft after the Spider Tank there's no turning back, so go there to get your SIVA fragment or whatever and then return to orbit. Yeah it kinda sucks but w/e.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Thanks. It's dumb that you can't get out but it's pretty easy to avoid.

If I was going to play with a friend who is new to the game, overall how much of it is viable with just two players (I know there is matchmaking but I'm not expecting a lot of people to be doing old content.)

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Mayhem Clash is the most fun I've had in Iron Banner in a long time. I wish they would just extend it another week.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Thanks. It's dumb that you can't get out but it's pretty easy to avoid.

If I was going to play with a friend who is new to the game, overall how much of it is viable with just two players (I know there is matchmaking but I'm not expecting a lot of people to be doing old content.)

Last time I started a new character was a couple of days before Age of Triumph and I could still play original Sepiks Prime with two pubbies.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

limaCAT posted:

Last time I started a new character was a couple of days before Age of Triumph and I could still play original Sepiks Prime with two pubbies.

I did that on a new character and it's amazing how much encounter design has improved since then. The refinery fight goes on way too long, the spider tank has way too much health, and even Sepiks is kind of a pain. I'm glad they've moved on from bosses being difficult by having gazillions of hit points.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Gunslinger Hunters are the scourge of Mayhem. "No fun solar delete tool activated"

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

why crossroads every freaking time

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

hiddenriverninja posted:

https://youtu.be/VMYAEHE2GrM?t=54s

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

hiddenriverninja posted:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Mayhem is trash

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Menstrual Show posted:

Mayhem is trash

It's fun trash. Just go in with max disc sunsinger, it's better fun police than the defender imho

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Mayhem is trash if you care, so don't care. It's the Smash Bros of destiny modes.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Call your mothers you dorks

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Menstrual Show posted:

Mayhem is trash

You're a goon, you're supposed to roll with the punches.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

the good fax machine posted:

Call your mothers you dorks

I have called all of your mothers

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
And said "get ready"

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Mayhem with double tripmines is about as easy as it gets. It's pretty much impossible to have a bad kd

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Plus golden gun is by far the most effective super for this mode. The fist three people you see? Dead.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I told my mom happy mother's day and that I need to get back to playing iron banner before weekly reset hits. She understands.

Double lightning grenade is a whole lot of fun, by the way. Also I'm finally done with all my Titan subclass quests, so I think it's time to get on my Warlock and start sticky people.

Edit:

Disappointed there's nothing for hitting rank 5 IB anymore.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 14, 2017

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah the golden gun / suncharge poo poo is what's annoying about the mode.

I get it, people asked for it and a lot of people like mayhem, just don't like dying constantly to bullshit (and the lack of a respawn timer makes it so you die to the same super quite often, which should never happen).

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

I'm also salty because I hate the sticky grenade meta and I'm a big baby who wants to make last word great again

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Menstrual Show posted:

I'm also salty because I hate the sticky grenade meta and I'm a big baby who wants to make last word great again

Dude just embrace what you hate and run Stickies in mayhem. I'm not kidding when I say it's fun as gently caress. 2 will bring down a hammer bro and you can generally tag a GG hunter even if he pops you.

The highlight of IB for me was radiant skin slapping a dude and then sitting there with a beefy overshield teabagging while mag dumping an LMG into a bladedancer and then throwing 2 stickies on his lifeless corpse for good measure while continuing the bagging. Of course it didn't record.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Ok fine I'll try it!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Menstrual Show posted:

Ok fine I'll try it!!!

You must embrace the cancer to ultimately defeat it.

• Locked thread