Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm hoping that Bloodborne 2 at E3 2017 rumor picking up steam lately is legit because man I'd like another one of those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fuzz posted:

I started HZD.

This game is really drat good.

You can see where they're totally cribbing heavily from Witcher 3 and the new Tomb Raider games in a lot of ways, though... still, it's a marriage of styles that works so goddamn well. :swoon:

EDIT: Also who is gonna start playing Diablo 3 again now that they're adding Necromancer and there's all this crazy Season stuff?

The guys who did the side quest design in TW3 worked on Horizon. From what I heard they basically loaned Guerilla some of their employees.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

In all seriousness, I don't agree with almost any of the complaints about 3 and think it's fantastic but I know I'm not going to change any minds at this point either.

I find it baffling that there's a small group that like 2 the best, but people are gonna like what they like. Those people must be looking for something very different in a souls game than I am though.

DS2 is the only souls game that did PvP well. People who like DS2 the most probably fell into that hole.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Andrast posted:

DS2 is the only souls game that did PvP well. People who like DS2 the most probably fell into that hole.

yeah it definitely had some cool ideas for covenants like the rat king stuff.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Andrast posted:

Yeah. That's what I find when people say it's their favorite. I appreciate the game for the sheer size of it and it's really not a bad game at all. They threw a lot at the wall to see what stuck with varying results imo. It definitely has the most robust pvp. I usually only pvp while I'm playing through the game though. It's fun but not a big draw for me.

Really I play the games for PVE and atmosphere and the badass enemy designs and that's where 2 was lacking and 3 excelled.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BB = DS3 > DS1 > DeS = DS2 imo

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Now rank Metal Gears, Final Fantasies and Mega Man games

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

Souls games > Metal gear > Final Fantasy > Mega Man

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Pablo Gigante posted:

BB = DS3 > DS1 > DeS = DS2 imo

Amen brother

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Hey guys!!! What up!!! I think metal gear SUCKS!!! Wooooohoooooo...!!!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wolfsheim posted:

MGS3 > MGS2 > MGS1 = PW > MGS5 > MGS4

FF6 > FF9 > FF7 > FF5 > FF10 > FF4 > FF8 > FF1 (Haven't played enough of the others to make a judgement)

MM2 > MM3 > MM1 > MM5 > MM4 > MM6 (Same goes for MM)

EDIT: Stick Revengeance around the MGS1/PW tier

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Snake could definitely beat up the unnamed protagonist from Bloodborne, probably with a chokehold

Not sure how he'd fare against Cloud Strife though

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Looking forward to the Solid's Snakes crossover game.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I'm now sad that one of the Bloodborne DLCs didn't add the ability to subdue and fulton the increasingly monstrous enemies back to the Hunter's Dream to become my employees

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Policenaut posted:

I'm hoping that Bloodborne 2 at E3 2017 rumor picking up steam lately is legit because man I'd like another one of those.

They can't call it Bloodborne 2, because Bloodborne is the most perfect title for that game, and it encapsulates like four different in-game themes in one word.

I hope they just do another spooky slasher game and give it a new title, I am so tired of endless Game Sequel 2: the Sequel

superh
Oct 10, 2007

Touching every treasure
From always just numbers their sequels. If there's another Bloodborne coming, it'll be called Bloodborne 2. If it's not, it'll be a new ip.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm hoping for Adventures of Cookie and Cream 2

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

veni veni veni posted:

Really I play the games for PVE and atmosphere and the badass enemy designs and that's where 2 was lacking and 3 excelled.

I'm the same way but ended up reaching a different conclusion. DS3 just feels balanced wrong for me and leans harder into its difficulty than I think it really should. Bloodborne and Nioh also lean harder on difficulty than any other Souls game besides maybe 3 but they are also balanced much differently. This is just gameplay-wise though and most of my DS3 complaints are related to narrative.

Wouldn't say DS2 is my fave, that's either DS1 or Bloodborne, even after I did the Chalices, but it's i think a real good middle ground for a good series. I don't expect to change your mind or anything though. I think we've had similar discussions at least twice before.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

superh posted:

From always just numbers their sequels. If there's another Bloodborne coming, it'll be called Bloodborne 2. If it's not, it'll be a new ip.

Shadow Tower Abyss

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Trojan Kaiju posted:

I'm the same way but ended up reaching a different conclusion. DS3 just feels balanced wrong for me and leans harder into its difficulty than I think it really should. Bloodborne and Nioh also lean harder on difficulty than any other Souls game besides maybe 3 but they are also balanced much differently. This is just gameplay-wise though and most of my DS3 complaints are related to narrative.

Nioh is pretty easy after the early game though?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

When From said they were done with the Souls series after DS3 I kind of took that to mean Bloodborne as well, but all things are possible with $$ and Sony has a lot of that to throw around for their IPs.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I enjoyed my first nier play through, but I'm really not digging the repetitiveness of the second one so far and playing as 9s. Yeah, I get it's not exactly the same. I understand the 3rd playthrough is better. I just like button mashing and killing poo poo with 2b. Should I just give up while I'm ahead and start horizon zero dawn?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I enjoyed my first nier play through, but I'm really not digging the repetitiveness of the second one so far and playing as 9s. Yeah, I get it's not exactly the same. I understand the 3rd playthrough is better. I just like button mashing and killing poo poo with 2b. Should I just give up while I'm ahead and start horizon zero dawn?

Path B is pretty short if you don't bother with side content, just rush through it to get to C. It's not a third playthrough, it's a continuation of the story.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Power through if you can. Explore some of the pod programs and chips you've found to change up how you fight in the second playthrough. The way the player throws weapons makes just straight melee kinda bad. I enjoyed using Wire a lot on second time through.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

superh posted:

Armored Core: Project Phantasma/Master of Arena
Silent Line: Armored Core
Armored Core Nexus/Nine Breaker/Last Raven

Though I guess you could make assorted justifications for for Answer, Verdict Day, and Formula Front.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Eh, if you're allready into route B and liked route A i'd consider toughing it out until C. Route B is quicker than A too.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Andrast posted:

Nioh is pretty easy after the early game though?

I just started Nioh recently so I'm not there yet. Early game at least the inclusion in my point stands but hopefully I'll learn this game. It's really cool so far, though!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I got Armored Cored 4A for my 360 a few months ago and it's really rough around but fun. I'm sure that FROM can make a great robot fighting game with current tech and experience from their more recent releases.

Something like a guy in an exosuit moving really fast, hitting and shooting poo poo that also has tentacles, Vanquish vs Lovecraftian creatures.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Ok thanks for the Nier advice I'll stick it through I guess. Will part 3 be the same hack 'n slash poo poo I know and love?

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Ok thanks for the Nier advice I'll stick it through I guess. Will part 3 be the same hack 'n slash poo poo I know and love?

Yes
Also, no.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

🤔🤔

Lol does anyone regret the other nier playthoughs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

🤔🤔

Path B was the only part that didn't do a lot for me, the rest is gold.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

🤔🤔

No I don't regret having fun.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Alright, gonna try this The Last Guardian game sharing again. I posted about it before, but there wasn't a lot of interest.

Pretty simple:
- I bought a copy of TLG, I think it sucks, I did not finish it. Just imo and all that, maybe you'll love it
- We'll have a list of people from SA who want to play said copy
- I will mail the game to the first person
- They will have two weeks to complete a playthough
- Once done, they are responsible for paying & shipping it to the next person on the list, who will also have two weeks. Rinse/repeat.

So yeah, if you read and agree to the above, let me know and I'll start a list. I feel it's pretty straightforward.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

🤔🤔

Nah, i enjoyed them all. B is the weakest though, the first half at least.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Play Horizon Zero Dawn immediately.

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

Path B is pretty short if you don't bother with side content, just rush through it to get to C. It's not a third playthrough, it's a continuation of the story.

I just finished playthough 1, got to the resistance base again. I am not having fun. I really dislike the core gameplay mechanics and I think the story is a mess.

Why should I continue?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I do enjoy Nier, but I am always wary of goonpions. They're the reason I fell into the trap of that piece of poo poo game called Persona 4. Yeah, I said it :colbert:

Also The Last Guardian

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I bought HZD because of Goons and I hated it. So you are right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Horizon Zero Dawn owns and you can trust my opinion because I think Life is Strange is the greatest video game of all time and The Witcher 3 is just okay but not any better than Super Monkey Ball 2.