Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Blockhouse posted:

apparently universe 10 guy's name is a pun on "useless team" so I uh

wouldn't expect much

I'm starting to realize the reason Zamasu ended up the way he did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

why does Tien suck so hard!!!!!!

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

deadly_pudding posted:

So Gohan's definitely gonna pop out a completely different Super Saiyan God form during the tournament, right? Where he turns Super on top of Mystic or something? I feel like that's what this is building up for.

My big dumb hope is that Ultimate/Mystic/Whatever sort of goes down a weird Bodhisattva joke where greater understanding and self enlightenment would allow him to transcend his limits even further. He gets a ring of light around his back and makes some poses because he loves to learn, punch people and be a Super Sentai. That's who Gohan is and he is at one with himself like a Nerd Buddah.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

People called Tien the strongest human.

lol

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

mabels big day posted:

I can't believe we're losing Buu but keeping Tien and Roshi

that's really what bums me out the most about the Freeza thing

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Blockhouse posted:

I can't believe we're losing Buu but keeping Tien and Roshi

that's really what bums me out the most about the Freeza thing

Well, tien and roshi are being bumped for Cell and King Piccolo obviously

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Junpei Hyde posted:

Goku's all-star villain strange tourney.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Nah, King Piccolo is going to show up and get absorbed by Piccolo, so that he can become the ultimate Namekian like in that one video game.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Junpei Hyde posted:

Cell and Radditz for me, they'll make for the best family kamehameha and it'll be cannon

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Whatever new form Gohan pulls off in the tournament, it will terrify/enrage the spectators even more than Goku already has, and Beerus will be LIVID that he's been spending all this time messing around with Goku and Vegeta, when he could have been fighting Gohan.

Also, the best line in this episode was "I've spent all this time fighting the strongest people in the cosmos, when I forgot you were always right here"(or close to that).

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Why worry about studies and getting a good job, when you can see the universe and blow poo poo the gently caress up as a god of destruction? Gohan should be the real star in this

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Fargin Icehole posted:

Why worry about studies and getting a good job, when you can see the universe and blow poo poo the gently caress up as a god of destruction? Gohan should be the real star in this

I would definitely rather do the first option if possible

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

How is Mr. Satan not on the team?! He killed Cell and saved the world it's only natural he should save the universe next.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

mabels big day posted:

If Tien is the new Yamcha, what does that make Yamcha? The new Lunch?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They were actually scared of Launch when she wanted to fight

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Replace Tien with Launch.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

HitTheTargets posted:

If Tien is the new Yamcha, what does that make Yamcha? The new Lunch?

chiaotzu

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Well Chiaotzu is de facto the new Puar. So really Puar is the victim here.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Junpei Hyde posted:

People called Tien the strongest human.

lol

no human i know grows arms out of his back and has 3 eyes

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Condiv posted:

no human i know grows arms out of his back and has 3 eyes

I think any human who went to the crane school can learn the four arms thing. The Turtle School teaches you to shoot lasers, the Crane School teaches you to become Goro from Mortal Kombat.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

We really need to get Tien off of this team. I'd take Boss Carrot or anyone else at this point - he sucks so bad.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Junpei Hyde posted:

Roshi is stronger than Cell and King Piccolo now.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Gohan is going to meet Nerd Kai and realize that he can be both a cosmic being and a scholar. He has been wasting his time learning lovely Earth science when he could be learning the secrets of the gods.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 14, 2017

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope one of those guys that Gowasu tried showing to Zamasu to prove a point about humanity is on Universe 10's team.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Electric Phantasm posted:

I hope one of those guys that Gowasu tried showing to Zamasu to prove a point about humanity is on Universe 10's team.
:eng101:
Gowasu already knows he is going to win. He used the time ring to travel 1000 years into the future and his universe was still there. That means he can't lose.

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha
Wonder if the new SSJ form Goku whips out is some kind of full absorption of the Kaio-ken. Would be a nice full-circle kind of nod toward his first major power-up way back in Z.

pik_d posted:

Cell and Radditz for me, they'll make for the best family kamehameha and it'll be cannon

A very special beam cannon? :classiclol:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rutibex posted:

Gowasu already knows he is going to win. He used the time ring to travel 1000 years into the future and his universe was still there. That means he can't lose.

Clearly that was before Goku started loving with the timeline

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Rutibex posted:

This is a good and well considered point really.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
An idea that got tossed around in one of my groups last week was that Universe 10, in utter desperation, reverse-hakais Zamasu so he can fight in the tournament and make his arc less pointless. I guess we're going with Team Protein instead.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

How was Zamasu's arc pointless? Everything that is happening now is as a direct result of what happened then.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Cran posted:

An idea that got tossed around in one of my groups last week was that Universe 10, in utter desperation, reverse-hakais Zamasu so he can fight in the tournament and make his arc less pointless. I guess we're going with Team Protein instead.

I don't think you can undo Hakai.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Skinty McEdger posted:

How was Zamasu's arc pointless? Everything that is happening now is as a direct result of what happened then.

It literally established that the gods of DragonBall watch YouTube.
It's incredibly relevant to everything ever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

That was before time travel hosed up the timeline by the introduction of a second Zeno though, so he's right hosed.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

I have qualms with the arc's progression and how the only thing so far that really came of it was a second Zeno, which...alright. Honestly, a lot of my issue comes from the way it concluded, making Trunks' whole struggle meaningless and making Zamasu and Goku Black feel rather wasted.

At some point, I realized that arc is structured kind of like a movie, which explains why it didn't shake up the status quo as much as it could've. I'm hoping more of the stuff established in that arc comes back for future ones so it doesn't have to be that weird stand-alone arc that was almost great.

Rhjamiz posted:

I don't think you can undo Hakai.

The idea that maybe U10's GoD could undo it isn't totally out there, but yeah, it's a stretch, and I never thought they'd actually do it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Cran posted:

I have qualms with the arc's progression and how the only thing so far that really came of it was a second Zeno, which...alright. Honestly, a lot of my issue comes from the way it concluded, making Trunks' whole struggle meaningless and making Zamasu and Goku Black feel rather wasted.

At some point, I realized that arc is structured kind of like a movie, which explains why it didn't shake up the status quo as much as it could've. I'm hoping more of the stuff established in that arc comes back for future ones so it doesn't have to be that weird stand-alone arc that was almost great.

Now that you mention it, I kind of wonder if the Goku Black arc was originally going to be a 3rd new-DBZ-movie before they decided to make Dragonball Super itself. Evil Goku, Future Trunks coming back, throwing a short-lived appearance of Vegito into things, Super Saiyan Rose as a sort of one-off special form, introducing characters like future Mai and Yajirobe who we'll never see again, and a conclusion that doesn't really affect anything. It would make sense as a film (with some of the fluff trimmed out) when you compare it to some of the older DBZ movies and what they generally did.

This tournament arc might be the first arc that was intended to be for Super from day 1. Which would explain a lot about how it's being handled so much better than previous stuff was.

Cran
Mar 23, 2011
Someone earlier in the thread (I think?) said the manga adaptation of the Goku Black Arc is much more like a typical DBZ film (and also bad), and it really does stand out as this weird thing that just sort of happens with no build and few lasting consequences., not totally unlike Resurrection F. And, I mean, I like the arc a lot. But its ending has problems, and every arc in Dragonball's run does more to forward The Plot than that one does.

So, while I'm not convinced there's a clean way to do it, I hold on hope Trunks or Zamasu or at least the Time Rings come back for another round so the arc doesn't feel pointless.

I felt it was worth mentioning since they're bringing Resurrection F back around, anyway.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Again how was that arc pointless? Nobody is explaining.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Why does it have to be hugely influential going forward anyway?
Emperor Pilaf doesn't matter in any way in the grand scheme but he's cool as gently caress.

Goku Black's arc clearly set up the power curve at play with gods, angels and Zeno, for example. There are lots of things in that which can be used as plot devices going forward.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I feel like Frieza coming back just makes Resurrection F more pointless, not less, since they could've had all of that stuff happen right now.

In general though, I feel like calling an arc pointless in Super is missing the point. The show feels way more like it was made as a celebration of the series, and less like it's furthering the lore (though it has done a lot of that). That's why we got an arc of Frieza returning, then Future Trunks (with Vegito out of nowhere even), and now they've spent the last ten episodes focusing entirely on the old cast. We're meant to be more excited about our old friends getting to return (and actually do stuff) then wondering how the events fit into some large narrative.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

This entire tournaments premise is gently caress power levels and fight smart like in Dragonball instead of Z

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This entire tournaments premise is gently caress power levels and fight smart like in Dragonball instead of Z

I can't wait for everyone not-Gohan to turn on Goku when they realize there is no money/cruise ship/dragonballs.

Well, I guess there is one wish but who gets it? "I wish for everyone to get what they wanted from this tournament." means no saving the other universes so obviously Goku will have to do that by either punching Zeno or the power of friendship.

• Locked thread