Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

F1 2017: Bleached pubes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Is formula one still dying for sure

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Why are people saying T1 was Bottas by the way? What's he going to do make his car vanish? It was that retard Verstappen thinking he's gods gift to f1 and trying to go three wide that pushed kimi into bottas

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

incase you were worried that Stroll won't last the season fear not because GP2 has another Canadian fraud honing his craft.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

NtotheTC posted:

Why are people saying T1 was Bottas by the way? What's he going to do make his car vanish? It was that retard Verstappen thinking he's gods gift to f1 and trying to go three wide that pushed kimi into bottas

Well, it's because he is poo poo, you see.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

incase you were worried that Stroll won't last the season fear not because GP2 has another Canadian fraud honing his craft.

Lmao at Latifi yesterday.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Lmao at Latifi yesterday.

He blew the race lead today losing 7 seconds in one lap.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

All Canadians entering F1 should be questioned as to whether they have a sister, and their feelings towards them.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Canada has been on a sad rollercoaster of a ride since Gilles. Actually more like jumping off a building than a rollercoaster.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Since Gilles there has been, I dunno, 4 other Canadian F1 drivers? Jacques SR., Jacques JR., Berg and Stroll.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
The BBC News piece on the race says that Vettel is "pursuing Lewis Hamilton's world title". That's the impact Nico had.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

HJB posted:

The BBC News piece on the race says that Vettel is "pursuing Lewis Hamilton's world title". That's the impact Nico had.

Not gonna lie I keep forgetting myself that Nico is world champion lol

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

HJB posted:

Who had?

To be honest I don't think you can be defending world champion if you're too scared to show up to defend it. Nico was champion for 6 days then he gave it up and the seat is currently vacant.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
What effect exactly? Did Nico force the lying British media to lie in slightly different ways?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Bottas driver of the day for doing a perfect Barrichello impression and preventing a fraudulent Vettel win

Kvyat is insect

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Wirth1000 posted:

Not gonna lie I keep forgetting myself that Nico is world champion lol

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I've never understood the international motorsport (British?) obsession with last year's championship winner. Talking about "defending" the title and putting last year's championship number on your car and poo poo like that. Who gives a poo poo what happened last year? It's completely irrelevant to everything going on in the sport. Why even talk about it? There is no "reigning champion," there's just Nico who won in 2016 and Lewis who won in 2015 etc. Who's in the lead this year? That's all that matters. It's not like cricket where the winner gets to take home a magic bottle of charcoal and hide it in his bathroom until the next winner gets it.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Winning and immediately retiring has the feel of scoring a goal, picking up the ball and going home

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I've never understood the international motorsport (British?) obsession with last year's championship winner. Talking about "defending" the title and putting last year's championship number on your car and poo poo like that. Who gives a poo poo what happened last year? It's completely irrelevant to everything going on in the sport. Why even talk about it? There is no "reigning champion," there's just Nico who won in 2016 and Lewis who won in 2015 etc. Who's in the lead this year? That's all that matters. It's not like cricket where the winner gets to take home a magic bottle of charcoal and hide it in his bathroom until the next winner gets it.

Show us on the map where the British people invaded you 200 years ago.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Tsaedje posted:

Winning and immediately retiring has the feel of scoring a goal, picking up the ball and going home

which is the best loving way to do it

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

He blew the race lead today losing 7 seconds in one lap.

Amazing. More Canadians should be in motor racing just for the comedy factor.

I just dropped a ton on Kimoa stuff because Nando.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

I don't understand this post at all.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

OhsH posted:

which is the best loving way to do it

I never knew history's greatest monster read this thread

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

I get your point that F1 evolves from a technical perspective most years making the playing field uneven, but at the same time it's dumb as gently caress from any sporting perspective where your yardstick is the last champion.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

:same:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

okay which one of you is this?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Billy Monger, a god drat legend, is already up and about coaching younger kids: https://twitter.com/virtusmsport/status/863752393720201217

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

They had to go around butt rear end after he granny-braked.

Bottas is just slow. At least this race he managed to use his slowness to merc's advantage.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Now that's a good lad

Clarence
May 3, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

okay which one of you is this?

Trick question. It's all of us, isn't it?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

n.b. the correct way to [bracket] a quote would be "Is [stroll] ready for formula 1?"

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

Clarence posted:

Trick question. It's all of us, isn't it?
It's me, but even sadder because I'm sat further back from the monitor.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Khablam posted:

n.b. the correct way to [bracket] a quote would be "Is [stroll] ready for formula 1?"

I was lifting from the thread itself :shrug:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lance Stroll is real bad

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Force India now has exactly as many Constructors Championship points as Williams, Torro Rosso and Renault combined.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Lance Stroll is real bad

He blew the field away in F3 last year, but he leap-frogged straight into F1 without making a stop in F2. I understand if he were the second coming of Nando, Lewis, Vettel, or even Verstappen, jumping straight into F1 without doing F2 was probably more his dad giving Williams money than anything. Max jumped F2, but at least he's able to win a race instead of merely filling a seat (not to mention he started in Toro Rosso, not a top team right away).

Honestly, if Lance doesn't end up hurting anyone this season, Williams will come out ahead money wise. Billionaire bankrolling a ride with free engines? They'll walk away with some good money at the end.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I was pleased to see Bottas's engine explode after killing Kimi's race.

Also Kimi with that kid was loving great.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Norns posted:

I was pleased to see Bottas's engine explode after killing Kimi's race.

Also Kimi with that kid was loving great.

"Sorry I made you cry, Tony. Here's a hat, now shut the gently caress up and stop crying" -Kimi, probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Now now little boy, dry those eyes and sit on Uncle Kimi's lap and I will tell you a tale of the time I had to take a poo poo

• Locked thread