Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Looks like we pulled out the Scotty Brooks playbook

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
gently caress the warriors

that win was total bullshit

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."
Warriors win by being dirty as poo poo. Can't wait for LeBron to gently caress them up.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Tae posted:

The Warriors ain't making the finals.

I was almost right.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://streamable.com/mhq8k

How was this not intentional? loving Zaza should have been ejected and fined for this poo poo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/863867538068959232

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if they want to win, more teams should intentionally injure the other team's best player imo. seems like a great strategy with no real downsides

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I hope all teams see that play and start playing dirty and intentionally hurting the warriors

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

He steps into Kawhi after seeing the shot go up. Definitely intentional.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Who the gently caress is Jordan Schultz

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/DefPenHoops/status/863865149886803968
That extra step

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Away all Goats posted:

How was this not intentional? loving Zaza should have been ejected and fined for this poo poo.

What a piece of poo poo that guy is.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

lol I really dont think that was intentional. Theres no way you are thinking that much about feet placement during a playoff game. Everything when seen in slow motion looks intentional.

That being said if you want to eject players for undercutting I'd be okay with it just based on recklessness and so people are more careful about it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's not like pop is opposed to undercutting players. What's dedmon doing nowadays?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

lol I really dont think that was intentional. Theres no way you are thinking that much about feet placement during a playoff game. Everything when seen in slow motion looks intentional.

That being said if you want to eject players for undercutting I'd be okay with it just based on recklessness and so people are more careful about it

He stepped right under him fam it was Bruce Bowen 101

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/NBAPrayers/status/863873619394347008

🙏🙏🙏

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

don't do this

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

He stepped right under him fam it was Bruce Bowen 101

Does he have a history of doing it? I'd get saying it was intentional if a player has a history but idk enough about Zaza Pachulia to say

I've had people undercut me when playing pickup and im sure it wasn't intentional, I think its just a thing that happens from time to time.

I tend to err on the side of thinking most 'dirty' plays in the NBA are unintentional / just careless

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Does he have a history of doing it? I'd get saying it was intentional if a player has a history but idk enough about Zaza Pachulia to say

I've had people undercut me when playing pickup and im sure it wasn't intentional, I think its just a thing that happens from time to time.

I tend to err on the side of thinking most 'dirty' plays in the NBA are unintentional / just careless

https://youtu.be/F9jqRw9Kcco

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

You are probably not 1of 400 people who are active NBA players, due to your own limitations, such as the one you just expressed..

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
pachulia's stupid loving bunny hopping after sweeping the leg

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

its zaza pachulia

do your own research or just listen when two threads are going crazy about a dirty play taking the obvious best player of the series out of the game

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It's a dirty and reckless play; that doesn't inherently make it intentional

I think it's hard to ascribe motive to an oafish 7 footer's bad footwork defending on the perimeter

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

xbilkis posted:

I think it's hard to ascribe motive to an oafish 7 footer's bad footwork defending on the perimeter

It's Zaza. If this was an isolated incident I might agree but holy poo poo.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Efawcett7/status/863856642059677696

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

xbilkis posted:

This is more or less what I'm getting at.

I dont doubt that Zaza is a "rough" player and clumsy / reckless, but I don't think one can say with certainty that it went through his brain "Hmmm Kawhi's ankle is hurt, let me try to injure it further". I'm fine with suspending him for just general recklessness but it seems presumptuous to assume intention to injure

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Didn't expect Pop to be out coached by Mike Brown but here we are, caught off guard with the Bruce Bowen defence

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Lmao

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

This is more or less what I'm getting at.

I dont doubt that Zaza is a "rough" player and clumsy / reckless, but I don't think one can say with certainty that it went through his brain "Hmmm Kawhi's ankle is hurt, let me try to injure it further". I'm fine with suspending him for just general recklessness but it seems presumptuous to assume intention to injure

Even IF I ascribe that benefit of the doubt, Zaza was busy throwing a tantrum going down the floor immediately after. You cannot loving tell me he didn't feel Kawhi land on his foot

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Even IF I ascribe that benefit of the doubt, Zaza was busy throwing a tantrum going down the floor immediately after. You cannot loving tell me he didn't feel Kawhi land on his foot

He's a bitch thats a separate issue which I'm not gonna disagree with you on lol

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/863855839362338817

as a person who knows loving nothing and is a complete idiot but sure has strong opinions, im gonna go ahead and say this wasnt intentional either lol

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Yeah I guess folks who don't watch much basketball don't understand why that play was dirty.

MWP closed his eyes when he elbowed Harden so it couldn't have been deliberate

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

https://mobile.twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/863867538068959232

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

He's a bitch thats a separate issue which I'm not gonna disagree with you on lol

Well okay, if you can agree with me that the Dubs are full of bitchmade whiners then I guess I'll cede the other half.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

looping the arm swing with fables of faubus. i want to make their arms just swing back and forth

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
The lovely thing is that there's really no recourse for it. Zaza gets suspended and what? Warriors suffer the consequences of not playing one of their worst players? Wonderful

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

illcendiary posted:

The lovely thing is that there's really no recourse for it. Zaza gets suspended and what? Warriors suffer the consequences of not playing one of their worst players? Wonderful

curry gets fewer threes if he's not there to punch and hold spurs defenders

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
I'm sure he felt him land on his foot and was legitimately upset that it got called. He also would objectively agree it was a foul if he watched the replay, because he took a second shuffle step after gathering himself to get that leg under Leonard. I'm not 100% convinced it was intentional but it looks like it. These guys are professional athletes at the highest level so I wouldn't put it past them to have identified ways to bang Leonard up, and Zaza executed that pretty much perfectly. I don't even think he'll get fined for it.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Thanks to zaza and serial whiner draymond, along with the rest of the most unlikable team in basketball, Derek Jeter Day was ruined for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

EvanTH posted:

Yeah I guess folks who don't watch much basketball don't understand why that play was dirty.

MWP closed his eyes when he elbowed Harden so it couldn't have been deliberate

Dude you know thats a totally different situation.

Lebron, who I think we can all agree is not a dirty player, undercut Danny Granger and injured his ankle once in the playoffs. Zaza is far clumsier, not as used to guarding perimeter players, and generally an idiot. It unfortunately happens. I think it should be a flagrant so people are more careful about it.

• Locked thread