Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

spacetoaster posted:

Just want to point out that to be a military vet, you have to actually have been in the military.

If you have autism you cannot join the military. Same for ADHD, or use of any drugs to help with academic performance (ritlin, etc) after age 12.

You also can't be fat.

all of those things didnt exist when i went in,

and lol at the last one.

just lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

Just want to point out that to be a military vet, you have to actually have been in the military.

If you have autism you cannot join the military. Same for ADHD, or use of any drugs to help with academic performance (ritlin, etc) after age 12.

You also can't be fat.

lol

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 18 days!)

(ಠ益ಠ ╬)

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Mother of All Bronies

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

This is a deep well of fresh horror, thank you The Brown Menace

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

spacetoaster posted:

You also can't be fat.

That last one is bullshit

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

sneakyfrog posted:

all of those things didnt exist when i went in,

and lol at the last one.

just lol.

I was referring to recruiting standards. If you get fat after you're in that's on you. :colbert:

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Coolness Averted posted:

dickspence vs dickspounds

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacetoaster posted:

I was referring to recruiting standards. If you get fat after you're in that's on you. :colbert:

Recruiting standards have been loosened up big time because of Iraq

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

regulars_vs_fat_guardsman.jpg

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
The obesity epidemic was engineered by the Russians to destroy American combat capability.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

logikv9 posted:

The obesity epidemic was engineered by the Russians to destroy American combat capability.

That just makes us better drone operators.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

That just makes us better drone operators.

Pesky Russians underestimated America's ability to make everything as effortless as possible

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

ahahahah recruiting standards

"can you sign your own name, and do you buy even a single one of the things the recruiter is telling you"

"hot drat, welcome to the army"

military mythology is the funniest goddamned thing

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

This ain't '06 anymore. :bahgawd:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

spacetoaster posted:

We're gonna invade North Korea & Iran at the same time now.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah. We're gonna need all the autists we can get.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

honestly with the weigh the missile tests are going in NK, we may.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah. We're gonna need all the autists we can get.

Ah, so that's why you got stop lossed?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Ah, so that's why you got stop lossed?

I'm so stupid that they never had to stop loss me. I'm in over 20 now. :shrek:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
please send spacetoaster back to the vfw

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

honestly with the weigh the missile tests are going in NK, we may.

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/863650228293029888

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

spacetoaster posted:

This is true. I know someone rejected by Navy recruiters for failing to meet the weight requirement.

I'm sure standards will be lowered to the floor again if we choose to occupy Iran.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Can you swim? No? Yeah okay that's fine

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

OhFunny posted:

This is true. I know someone rejected by Navy recruiters for failing to meet the weight requirement.

I'm sure standards will be lowered to the floor again if we choose to occupy Iran.

logikv9 posted:

if anything the navy should prefer fat people since they're more buoyant.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

logikv9 posted:

Being able to swim wasn't a requirement for enlisting in the Navy for most of America's existence. I'm not even sure if it is today.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

pretty much. i think trump will go in, in the next few months from now. he is looking weak domestically again.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

not being able to swim means fewer navy veterans when the poo poo goes down which means fewer expenditures later

bing. bong.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Being able to swim wasn't a requirement for enlisting in the Navy for most of America's existence. I'm not even sure if it is today.

It isn't, also you can join the army fat but if you're still overweight after your boot camp+school they put you on a program where you basically have to lose 3 lbs a month until you pass standards, if you gently caress up twice in 6 months (maybe 12) your CO can chapter you (kick you out) ofc there's always dudes in units who are fat but they're like the only one who knows how to use a certain system or process gov credit cards so shady poo poo happens

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
The 4chan type dudes end up being beta or w.e. in the army tho cuz there's plenty of normal people and jocks and you all live together so people know if you're a weird shut in anime nerd or if you're at the club or with your girl or w.e.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
The black clique is always the coolest ppl imo but I'm biased bc that's who I hung out w. cuz the other options were gamers rednecks and gymrats

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Ace of Baes posted:

It isn't, also you can join the army fat but if you're still overweight after your boot camp+school they put you on a program where you basically have to lose 3 lbs a month until you pass standards, if you gently caress up twice in 6 months (maybe 12) your CO can chapter you (kick you out) ofc there's always dudes in units who are fat but they're like the only one who knows how to use a certain system or process gov credit cards so shady poo poo happens

it seems like losing 3 lbs a month when you have a controlled diet and exercise regimen should be incredibly easy

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Badger of Basra posted:

it seems like losing 3 lbs a month when you have a controlled diet and exercise regimen should be incredibly easy

Once you're out of basic training you can pretty much do whatever on your own time. Including eat nothing but garbage.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Badger of Basra posted:

You'd think so but a lot of dudes just don't have discipline, drinking is the biggest hobby in the military and a lot of these dudes eat pizza like 4 times a week and fast food for lunch every day then drink like 9000 calories worth of booze on the weekend, overall it's fairly rare that it'll go that far though, I think we had maybe 3-5 people over 3 years in a 700 person unit, then again a lot of dudes on the height and weight program are also lovely in other ways and get kicked out for something else while they're on the program.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ace of Baes posted:

You'd think so but a lot of dudes just don't have discipline, drinking is the biggest hobby in the military and a lot of these dudes eat pizza like 4 times a week and fast food for lunch every day then drink like 9000 calories worth of booze on the weekend, overall it's fairly rare that it'll go that far though, I think we had maybe 3-5 people over 3 years in a 700 person unit, then again a lot of dudes on the height and weight program are also lovely in other ways and get kicked out for something else while they're on the program.

Then they immediately buy all the "gruntwear" t-shirts and go do proudboi stuff.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

spacetoaster posted:

Then they immediately buy all the "gruntwear" t-shirts and go do proudboi stuff.

i was wholly unsuprised to see gruntworks selling literal white nationalist gear, its basically the si uniform of a pog who got chaptered either in training or at the first duty station (probably korea)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ace of Baes posted:

i was wholly unsuprised to see gruntworks selling literal white nationalist gear, its basically the si uniform of a pog who got chaptered either in training or at the first duty station (probably korea)

proudest of the proudbois.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40Rw3uP-HHU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Ace of Baes posted:

i liked the guys that would sit in the sauna with a trashbag on to lose every ounce of water weight just before weigh ins and when they inevitably failed they'd blame it on their natural body size including an extra 80 pounds of fat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

spacetoaster posted:

They're gonna eat them proudbois.

Gavin McPannis