Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Good Dog posted:

Angels broadcast has a "happy mother's day" sign superimposed onto the batters eye like they put the line of scrimmage or first down marker in football.

I'm surprised teams or channels haven't tried doing that with advertisements yet, thered be an uproar but I'm surprised they haven't tried it.

They do do that, at least in some nationally televised games, with the ads behind home plate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Give him at least another 500 PAs before declaring him a bust.

Saying he's got some very obvious deficiencies =/= calling him a bust.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cleveland's radio guy was pretty excited about the Buxton catch (also this shows just how much ground he had to cover to get there)

https://twitter.com/Monte_Colorman/status/863838174199656450

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Seven years ago i saw the coolest game in person in my life as Dallas loving Braden threw a perfect game on mothers day.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Wait a second is this actually real?

If so does...does it look better from a different angle?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

Lol you got owned

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Paul Zuvella posted:

Lol you got owned

Is it the Ronaldo thing?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Grittybeard posted:

Is it the Ronaldo thing?

It is indeed!

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Tanaka ruined Derek Jeter night

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
So I am very worried about Tanaka but have no idea about what the hell is wrong with him since his velo isn't down.

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Why is Arrieta dead? What happened?

Also, where the gently caress did Kershaw's slider go?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
N: https://twitter.com/NYDNSports/status/863916565091188736

V: "May"????!??!?!?!?! :psyboom:

They have run poor Asdrúbal Cabrera right into the loving ground, and now he's broken. What an utterly expected turn of events. I hate (myself for loving) the Mets.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

YeahTubaMike posted:

They have run poor Asdrúbal Cabrera right into the loving ground, and now he's broken. What an utterly expected turn of events. I hate (myself for loving) the Mets.

He had 3 pinch-hit appearances in 5 days since initially injuring his thumb last weekend, that's hardly running him into the ground. Having said that, whoever cleared him to start yesterday and today has some explaining to do.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Are they going to free Amed now?

also the Mets don't have much to bring up right now unless you want Amed or Dom Smith (who can hit but is not going to field anywhere outside of 1B)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Are they going to free Amed now?

I expect they'll play Reyes at short and put TJ at third, I don't expect Amed up before September. If Cabrera does go on the DL I expect a pitcher up, most likely Josh Smoker.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Julio Cruz posted:

He had 3 pinch-hit appearances in 5 days since initially injuring his thumb last weekend, that's hardly running him into the ground. Having said that, whoever cleared him to start yesterday and today has some explaining to do.

I was under the impression that he had some lingering not-quite-injuries going on and was playing in fair, but not great condition for the whole time. Maybe I was mistaken.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Der Meister posted:

Why is Arrieta dead? What happened?

His velocity is significantly down this year across the board. Otherwise there's nothing immediately apparent when you watch him pitch - his control is arguably better than last year since he's not walking too many - but when he throws in the zone he gets owned. My best guess is that he's not adjusted to the velocity dip and it's making what were once difficult to hit pitches very much hittable. As to why his velocity is dipping, nobody really knows and if you ask Maddon all he does is get mad and keep repeating his "as long as he's healthy I don't see a problem" line.

Der Meister posted:

Also, where the gently caress did Kershaw's slider go?

I don't know but it makes watching LA games highly amusing when Kershaw strikes a dude out and then still throws a fit on the mound because he missed his spot.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

I never thought I would type out these words, but I think the team to root for in New York is now the Yankees

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what if this is all an elaborate ruse and the real mets have been smuggled away disguised as oil drums like the end of The Road Warrior

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Goodpancakes posted:

I never thought I would type out these words, but I think the team to root for in New York is now the Yankees

the yankees are good and cool this year and I figured this to be the popular SAS consensus. if you like baseball, this is the most 'fun' team the NYY have fielded since I can basically remember.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Tom Gorman posted:

the yankees are good and cool this year and I figured this to be the popular SAS consensus. if you like baseball, this is the most 'fun' team the NYY have fielded since I can basically remember.

Counterpoint: if you like baseball you hate the Yankees. Because gently caress them. Fuuuuuucccckkkkk them.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Fix It posted:

Counterpoint: if you like baseball you hate the Yankees. Because gently caress them. Fuuuuuucccckkkkk them.

Gospel truth.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the yankees are cool now. The yankees fans .gif juggling guy is convalescing after he mocked a piece of industrial machinery and broke his thumbs. gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you guy had a heart attack at a cockfight and has been stuffed, his taxidermied remains now hold a chalkboard at a sandwich shop listing the 25 cent topping upgrades. The really fat guy suffered a terrible accident in his baron harkonen halloween costume, and popcorn guy nearly choked to death on a swedish fish before stumbling into a vintage popcorn machine and suffering glass injuries. The kid being told how to tell people gently caress you by his dad is now running for mayor of new york.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

if the Yankees weren't the Yankees the world would be in love with the giant man hitting homers at a crazy clip :colbert:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Mr. Fix It posted:

They have as many titles as you'd expect an average team to have in 700 years.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Tom Gorman posted:

Hot take:

no.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

R.D. Mangles posted:

the yankees are cool now. The yankees fans .gif juggling guy is convalescing after he mocked a piece of industrial machinery and broke his thumbs. gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you guy had a heart attack at a cockfight and has been stuffed, his taxidermied remains now hold a chalkboard at a sandwich shop listing the 25 cent topping upgrades. The really fat guy suffered a terrible accident in his baron harkonen halloween costume, and popcorn guy nearly choked to death on a swedish fish before stumbling into a vintage popcorn machine and suffering glass injuries. The kid being told how to tell people gently caress you by his dad is now running for mayor of new york.

I read this in Daniel Stern's voice to the tune of "Stand By Me".

Something about that seems... right.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

i didn't expect the new york yankees to be such a divisive topic of conversation!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

There is nothing divisive. gently caress the Yankees.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

A good Rockies win today.

also, OH SWEET GOD OW

https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/arizona-diamondbacks-chris-iannetta-injury-update-hit-by-pitch-fastball-face-051317

quote:

Iannetta received stitches in his upper lip & suffered a couple of fractured teeth and a nose fracture. He is still being evaluated.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The Yankees have six losses at home this season

Three of them just came from the Astros :getin:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
Looking forward to this year's Yankees/Cardinals World Series just so all of baseball fandom can unite under the single banner of "gently caress at least half of the teams in this series"

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Looking forward to this year's Yankees/Cardinals World Series just so all of baseball fandom can unite under the single banner of "gently caress at least half of the teams in this series"

The just will unite under the banner of "gently caress everyone that thinks 'gently caress at least half of the teams in this series' because gently caress both teams in this series loving duh"

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
N: Jays swept Seattle and. Have now won their last 5.

V: Jays have been on a hot streak, but I still think they're hosed and won't make playoffs this year. Glad Sanchez is apparently done being hurt for the time being. I have mixed feelings about the other guys on the DL aside from Happ because the guys playing right now have something going and I'd hate to yoink someone like Goins when he's having a career year. I could do without Pearce but I'm not 100% convinced that Carrera could last the whole season playing full length games. He tanked bad when they tried giving him extra playing time.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

IcePhoenix posted:

Cleveland's radio guy was pretty excited about the Buxton catch (also this shows just how much ground he had to cover to get there)

https://twitter.com/Monte_Colorman/status/863838174199656450

Tom Hamilton's fantastic. It will never happen, but I wish he'd come to the Brewers once Uecker retires.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

That's definitely not it.

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/5/14/15639386/yankees-retirement-ceremony-for-derek-jeter-number-video

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/3/30/15124158/ronaldo-statue-bust-face-sculptor-thinks-he-is-jesus

Here's the joke photoshopped on the statue

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I knew that looked familiar.

Also, this is my favorite parody inscription so far:

https://twitter.com/davelozo/status/863908479991508994/photo/1

Also, ICYMI, Brycer Harper is breaking baseball. We're half way through May and this is his slash line: .384/.500/.752 good for a .512 wOBA.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 13:02 on May 15, 2017

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

tadashi posted:

Also, ICYMI, Brycer Harper is breaking baseball. We're half way through May and this is his slash line: .384/.500/.752 good for a .512 wOBA.

I'm delighted to see him making baseball fun again but what was up with him last year? Was he playing through some injury that he didn't bother to tell anyone about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ego symphonic
Feb 23, 2010

shadok posted:

I'm delighted to see him making baseball fun again but what was up with him last year? Was he playing through some injury that he didn't bother to tell anyone about?

He'll never admit it but that's what most people suspect at this point. Either that or Joe Maddon managed to break his AND Ryan Zimmerman's brains simultaneously by intentionally walking Harper to get to Zim something like 6 times in a row in one game.

• Locked thread