Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

DeimosRising posted:

They need a big defensive point, yeah. If only the Spurs hadn't traded George Hill for some guy who isn't even playing

George Hill wouldn't be playing either, as was the case literally last round

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Tae posted:

Patty Mills being awful is quietly being swept under

What's this? Spurs role players are performing at their absolute maximum in the system and tend to not look so great when put in larger roles??

Quick someone should let every GM in the NBA know about this so they don't overpay for a Spurs role playoops darnit too late

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

EvanTH posted:

What's this? Spurs role players are performing at their absolute maximum in the system and tend to not look so great when put in larger roles??

Quick someone should let every GM in the NBA know about this so they don't overpay for a Spurs role playoops darnit too late

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

RaySmuckles posted:

you'd have a point if george hill was ever playing either

No I would not wth also :thejoke:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The Boban signing made no sense for the Pistons regardless if he was worth it or not.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

Dude you know thats a totally different situation.

I dunno there's the parallel where two playoffs teams, one of them finals-bound, are facing off, and the frustrated bench enforcer goon tries to injure one of the opposing team's best players, a man who would be candidate for MVP in 2017

There's superficial similarities like Pau Gasol is there to try to keep everyone calm but Kevin Durant doesn't do much for his image.

Maybe it's really not that different at all!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I wanna know what Marcus Camby majored in. He always had a textile engineering kind of feel to me as a player

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

DeimosRising posted:

No I would not wth also :thejoke:

guess none of the jokes are landing tonight

(i was making a joke too)

RaySmuckles fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 15, 2017

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

illcendiary posted:

Makes me wish Murray had like a year more experience and also weighed 30 pounds more. Seems like in time he could be a solid player.

He was super raw when he played for Washington. It's amazing the progress he's made in just his rookie year.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
https://twitter.com/JustinJett_/status/863850213626204160

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

DeimosRising posted:

They need a big defensive point, yeah. If only the Spurs hadn't traded George Hill for some guy who isn't even playing

i appreciate you getting two people to somehow respond to this like you were serious

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Jota posted:

i appreciate you getting two people to somehow respond to this like you were serious

I was expecting more of a "too soon" type reaction

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
dumb ol warriors making me all crabby

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

EvanTH posted:

To me LMA plays like a white man. I couldn't say precisely what I mean by this but I know for a fact it's true.

He's soft as poo poo and has zero vert, so yeah.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I spent the rest of the afternoon watching Zaza dirty play highlight reels on YouTube before segueing into the Hard Fouls and Fights series

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Regardless of what Kawhi's MRI says, I think this is a Duncan in 2000 situation. Spurs need to take a long view of this and protect him

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

illcendiary posted:

Regardless of what Kawhi's MRI says, I think this is a Duncan in 2000 situation. Spurs need to take a long view of this and protect him

Hello Mr. Kerr, love your work.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Zaza played a whole quarter which is really rare for GSW. He played a good quarter.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/AdamJosephSport/status/863916051548864512

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
this was the greatest moral victory ever won by the NBA
the Warriors have as much chance of winning as Elizabeth Holmes has of drawing your blood witho
ut a loving needle

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

remember how brian scalabrine played the best street ballers from boston and completely smoked them?

if kyle singler played the toughest YMCA players oklahoma city has to offer, i'd bet against him

e: i wish I had that post where dejan compared kyle singler to fivel

chunkles fucked around with this message at 01:54 on May 15, 2017

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Watching Warriors fans be happy is goddamn poison to me. I hate it. It's disgusting.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Kawhi is like that guy from Heroes who could steal everyone elses power, but now he's unstable after grabbing Harden's bullshit perimeter foul power and Steph's lovely ankles power.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

leftist heap posted:

Watching Warriors fans be happy is goddamn poison to me. I hate it. It's disgusting.

That win was not earned and would not have happened had Kawhi not gotten hurt regardless of the reason behind the injury

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Kraft Singler

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Even the Iron Sheik says zaza is a jabroni

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/863919605764562945

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
the basketball gods are trying everything they can to stop the golden state warriors from being swept

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Watching th game highlights it's just the Spurs MURDERING the warriors and then boom kawahi hurt and Bam it all ended there

goddamn scumbags

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Warriors playing the long con by having David Lee trip Kawhi on the bench. Two year con paying off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjMvQX9louo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Rabid Snake posted:

Warriors playing the long con by having David Lee trip Kawhi on the bench. Two year con paying off.

the call is coming from

INSIDE THE HOUSE!!!

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
I decided to take a stroll through Warriors Twitter because I'm a masochist who wants to make himself mad and wouldn't you know it, I succeeded

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/thompsonscribe/status/863909498964000768

The Cavs have to be loving this series while they sweep whoever else made the Conference Finals

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

The Western Conference is a loving meat grinder

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i learned it by watching you, bruce

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

morestuff posted:

The Cavs have to be loving this series while they sweep whoever else made the Conference Finals

What the. . .

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

If the Warriors lose, I'm eager to see a bunch of posts from Warriors fans about how the team's 5th best player was actually a critical cog that kept the whole thing moving and to pity them for unfortunate luck

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

Rabid Snake posted:

Worked for Cleveland last year...

Hot take- Pop should have pulled Kawhi after the first time he went down.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Honestly, was anyone expecting the Spurs to come out and dominate the 1st half like that?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Not me. So they had a great chance to steal one away and got jammed up. Now they're down 0-1 away. Bring on Game 2.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

WhyteRyce posted:

If the Warriors lose, I'm eager to see a bunch of posts from Warriors fans about how the team's 5th best player was actually a critical cog that kept the whole thing moving and to pity them for unfortunate luck

They'll probably blame kerr not being out there to coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

morestuff posted:

That's why Matt Barnes was getting so many minutes. Couldn't figure that out

• Locked thread