Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I watched the original Alien film earlier today, I've only seen it 2-3 times and the last time was like 15 years ago. I think it's one of my favorite movies.

It's a perfect horror movie. I watched the ending the other day on cable. It's so chilling when the wall starts moving and the alien is still on the ship with her.

And Aliens is a perfect action movie.

I love those two movies so much.

Also I can't wait for Paul Reiser to be in Stranger Things as a Burke-type character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I've been off the grid. Was the artisanal burrito ever posted

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I like Alien 3 quite a bit as well. It's definitely not as strong a movie because of its messy creation (and I get hating it because of how it poo poo all over Aliens' ending), but the assembly cut is pretty solid. I always liked how disgusting & grimy the setting is and Weaver's fantastic.

Resurrection, though. Woof

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I forget what its called, but their is a DC animated movie that is set in the 50s and its dark. Likebat one point they see a plane coming and realize its Wonder Womans invisible plane, but they can see it because its coated in her blood.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Alaois posted:

yo straight up

gently caress saga

Saga is the Seattle Seahawks of comic books

:stare: what's that all about?

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Saga goes a little wonky around chapter/volume 4 when they try to be a family and have dumb suburban family-like problems but it gains solid footing after that, and before that is some of the best stuff in comics ever.

My only problem with it is Vaughan ends his series terribly almost without fail.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Runaways didn't end that horribly.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Saga just reads to me like a guy doing the "pull my own finger off" thing while saying "am I freaking you out???" while a bunch of people who've never seen the trick before are going nuts.

i guess what i'm saying is no brian you aren't freaking me out

Alaois fucked around with this message at 06:20 on May 15, 2017

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Probably Magic posted:

Runaways didn't end that horribly.

Fair enough.

In other Runaways news, apparently in the TV show their parents aren't going to be evil supervillians lol

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Fair enough.

In other Runaways news, apparently in the TV show their parents aren't going to be evil supervillians lol

...what the gently caress... that's the whole point.

what the fuuuuuck

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm the guy guessing Australia

https://twitter.com/conradhackett/status/863937650054615041

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'm the 4 dots on Sri Lanka

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm the leftist that voted for diplomatic options and found it

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

I'm the random dots in the middle of the ocean.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

I'm the random dots in the middle of the ocean.

Yeah those are my favorites bc just what the hell?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

I liked the one with "find the Ukraine on this map" and had wound up with dots in Nebraska.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Anals of History posted:

I liked the one with "find the Ukraine on this map" and had wound up with dots in Nebraska.

https://mobile.twitter.com/conradhackett/status/863951901343272960

It owns

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

The tiny little dot in the corner

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Ukraine, Africa

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah those are my favorites bc just what the hell?

North Korea? That's in Atlantis, right?

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Looking again, I never noticed that the Ukraine is actually the lost kingdom of Atlantis and is somewhere off the coast of the Carolinas.

e:f,b Should've reloaded before making the Atlantis joke

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
It says something about our general condensed nerddom that we managed to have two back to back Atlantis jokes

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It says something about our general condensed nerddom that we managed to have two back to back Atlantis jokes

Atlanta peaked at 2803 BC. 28 years after that the P peoples destroyed them in what came to be known as the Run Game Collapse.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
We're a country full of retards

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Hahahaha

How do you think Ukraine is in the US. Did we just not fight off Russia? Do these people not own a Tv?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I at least get people pointing at Russia due to Risk

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Eli Wiggum posted:

We're a country full of retards

Well yeah. A significant number of people think that Kansas BBQ is good.

Nov 6, 2002

oh poo poo

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Shadow225 posted:

Well yeah. A significant number of people think that Kansas BBQ is good.

you're loving dead you bitch

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Hahahaha

How do you think Ukraine is in the US. Did we just not fight off Russia? Do these people not own a Tv?

Uh Russia invaded Georgia so

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Hahahaha

It's probably these type of people. Skip the Bill Maher part(he's kind of a tit too) but the people interviewed are probably the type to think Ukraine is somewhere in the western hemisphere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDlT1OMGD28

Nov 6, 2002

Those kind of of interviews are so dumb. Shooting fish in a barrel.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I feel like it should be obligated that anyone who points to the wrong continent in one of these tests be given a written profile

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

they could literally be the 4 people who thought the ukraine was in the us tho

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I would absolutely read an article called "The life and times of a guy who honestly thought Ukraine was a dot in the sea beneath australia"

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Kalli posted:

Magneto was right.

I know this is was from many, many pages ago but....

MY MAN!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Yeah. And it's kind of a stupid premise anyway.

Turn the camera around and ask the interviewers if they know how many congressional districts are in their state.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't think it's that weird to not know where North Korea is on a map exactly, but I think someone who's given no thought to it should at least be able to go... well, they look kinda chinese and china always gets mentioned when North Korea is in the news, so it's probably somewhere next to that at least.

But that's really just a koth bit anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_CaZ4EAexQ

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
The thread in GBS a couple months ago prompted me to watch the whole series for the first time. KOTH is drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Yeah. And it's kind of a stupid premise anyway.

Turn the camera around and ask the interviewers if they know how many congressional districts are in their state.

• Locked thread