Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Johnny Truant posted:

Oh poo poo they release it early? Do you know if Amazon Starz subscribers get it?

Yes indeed that's where i watch it. It comes out at Midnight Eastern on saturday night/sunday morning and i watched it at 9 Pacific.
It feels vaguely illicit somehow, but it sure is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Johnny Truant posted:

Oh poo poo they release it early? Do you know if Amazon Starz subscribers get it?

They do.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Awesome, thanks y'all!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Great opening as usual.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
e: nm

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
This is turning out to be a weird but cool fantasy anthology thing, hard to see how they are going to wind it all together without it lasting like 5 seasons.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

apatheticman posted:

This is turning out to be a weird but cool fantasy anthology thing, hard to see how they are going to wind it all together without it lasting like 5 seasons.

The creators have said they have 5 seasons planned for the show.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

That's a big dick.

Also did the ifreet change bodies or did it grant the guys wish of escaping his life?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Deadulus posted:

That's a big dick.

Also did the ifreet change bodies or did it grant the guys wish of escaping his life?

His eyes weren't burning when he went out to the taxi so he was taking over from the ifreet rather than being possessed by him (it?).

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Deadulus posted:

That's a big dick.

:gizz: They should put at least one dick every episode, we deserve it.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Desperado Bones posted:

:gizz: They should put at least one dick every episode, we deserve it.

This is quite possibly the first show I've ever seen to have more dicks than boobs in an episode.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

What the gently caress

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
That had to be one of the hottest gay scenes ever shot for TV.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the bank robbery setup was really hilarious since it was based around midwest people being so trusting.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Was that Anubis' coming to America story or something?

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

I don't think it was his coming to America. Just an introduction.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I had to unfollow Bryan Fuller on Twitter because he sends about 100 tweets all at once every Sunday.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

etalian posted:

the bank robbery setup was really hilarious since it was based around midwest people being so trusting.

Well when it was written it didn't have the uncomfortable question of "what if the cop googles the company on his iphone" hanging over it.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Schizotek posted:

Well when it was written it didn't have the uncomfortable question of "what if the cop googles the company on his iphone" hanging over it.

Just pretend we skipped the part where we watch Shadow set up a totally rad Squarespace site.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Julio Cruz posted:

This is quite possibly the first show I've ever seen to have more dicks than boobs in an episode.

No space dicks in the most recent episode

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

etalian posted:

No space dicks in the most recent episode

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Cojawfee posted:

No it felt more like basically every segment that Death was in in the Sandman were it would talk to the dead and lead them to their afterlife (sometimes while trying on a really cool hat from the Emperor of North America) I hope we get more Death god segments.

Also I love that there are a multitude of Jesuses

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, they announced that earlier with Jeremy Davies playing White Jesus.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Schizotek posted:

the storm was to gently caress with mobile data

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I hope season 3 is just the adventure of hairless kitty.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

achillesforever6 posted:

No it felt more like basically every segment that Death was in in the Sandman were it would talk to the dead and lead them to their afterlife (sometimes while trying on a really cool hat from the Emperor of North America) I hope we get more Death god segments.

Also I love that there are a multitude of Jesuses

I really want to see a portrayal of Sandman Death at some point in my life. She's the best. :3:

The Jesus thing is especially funny because it seems like the writers knew that there would be a ton of people who had not read the books yet. I need to scrawl Twitter reactions for really offended people despite Wednesday talking about literal, actual Jesuses he knows of. If it's anything like after the Bilquis scene in episode one, the Twitter reactions for this show have been worth the production costs alone.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
American Gods: Big ol' gay dicks and multi-Jesus.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

American Gods: Big ol' gay dicks and multi-Jesus.

American Gods: Penisia and Jesusia

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The best thing about this show is Bryan Fuller getting an open canvas.

Anubis is a drat gentleman. I like him.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Rocksicles posted:

Anubis is a drat gentleman. I like him.

He's perfect

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I like that Shadow has a lot more personality. The way he handled himself with the cop on the payphone was great.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I'm glad we got to see some hot djinn jizz.

djizz.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

sticklefifer posted:

I like that Shadow has a lot more personality. The way he handled himself with the cop on the payphone was great.

They cast really well.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
I have never been so tempted to make explicit gay gifs before in my life.

Before this is over I'll have enough material for a dick montage. A dicktage if you will.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Dr. Clockwork posted:

The creators have said they have 5 seasons planned for the show.

Sounds familiar
Wasnt Hannibal the same?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Make TV gay sex scenes great again.

Also that russian chick in the intro was fine.

etalian fucked around with this message at 12:27 on May 15, 2017

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

sticklefifer posted:

The line of his that made me pause the episode to laugh for just how perfectly it encapsulated his character was "... *sigh* yeah I like marshmallows". This massive argument and build up then "damnit you're right".

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
This show is so good, you guys. Jesus Mexican Christ.

I like the sense of humor too, every episode has just a few moments to crack you up.

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, they announced that earlier with Jeremy Davies playing White Jesus.

Oh my Goddd I can't wait.

edit: I like how Laura's pronunciation of "puppy" makes it sound halfway like "Papi." But now I'm wondering if that was the point all along in the book.

Also, does anyone know how I can catch this show in the Netherlands? Can't get Starz here. Amazon Prime?

davidspackage fucked around with this message at 13:04 on May 15, 2017

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I hope the next episode has a scene with all Jesuses in the same room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Julio Cruz posted:

Watch Spartacus