Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

WhyteRyce posted:

If the Warriors lose, I'm eager to see a bunch of posts from Warriors fans about how the team's 5th best player was actually a critical cog that kept the whole thing moving and to pity them for unfortunate luck

On the one hand, he may not even be their fifth this year. On the other, their depth is nonexistent. If he's out for long and Kawhi isn't, it matters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

The Glumslinger posted:

They'll probably blame kerr not being out there to coach

Those line-ups Brown was putting were pretty bad. He loves putting all the non-shooters on the floor at once for whatever reason.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Tae posted:

Those line-ups Brown was putting were pretty bad. He loves putting all the non-shooters on the floor at once for whatever reason.

I think brown is a bad coach. His coach of the year was because of Lebron.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Isn't Kerr supposed to be back for the next game?

Kerr continuing his ring collection process is the only potential positive outcome of a Warriors championship. That would make what, 7 total right?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mr. F! posted:

Oh I know he sucks, I watched him coach the Lakers

I'm still kind of salty over how they treated D'Antoni, but I'm happy with Luke

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Mr. F! posted:

Oh wow check out this hot take wowzer!!!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Paul Zuvella posted:

Oh wow check out this hot take wowzer!!!

Lmao ok maybe I shouldn't be making such obvious statements in this thread.

I've heard people say he's good at coaching defense is that true?

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Mambold posted:

Honestly, was anyone expecting the Spurs to come out and dominate the 1st half like that?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Not me. So they had a great chance to steal one away and got jammed up. Now they're down 0-1 away. Bring on Game 2.

I didn't see a 20 pt lead but I thought the Spurs would be more ready and probably up double digits after the first quarter. Spurs have embarrassed the Dubs plenty, and its crazy to expect them to get blown out

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Mr. F! posted:

Lmao ok maybe I shouldn't be making such obvious statements in this thread.

I've heard people say he's good at coaching defense is that true?

I mean, Greg Popovich hired him, which probably means he has a somewhat good understanding of Basketball. He just is very bad at the Head Coaching part.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Paul Zuvella posted:

I mean, Greg Popovich hired him, which probably means he has a somewhat good understanding of Basketball. He just is very bad at the Head Coaching part.

Yeah, he is a good defensive mind and a decent motivator, but he has almost 0 understanding of the offensive side of the ball

In the NFL, he would basically be a one of those great DCs who flames out everytime someone hires him as an HC

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

Pop's hiring of Brown was pretty clearly a long con to get him out of retirement and onto the Warriors bench calling plays.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

verbal enema posted:

Watching th game highlights it's just the Spurs MURDERING the warriors and then boom kawahi hurt and Bam it all ended there

goddamn scumbags

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
IT WAS 41 19 AT ONE POINT I MEAN COME ON THATS A LITERAL REVERSAL TO HOW THE WARRIORS DID EVERYONE ELSE

AND THEN JESUS DIED

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
seriously though game one is all about how mortal Golden State looked, right? there's no narrative of a comeback when Kawhi is gone

"Hey, Mike Brown, why do you think you guys are catching up?"
"Well, I'm going to mention everything except the literally only reason: Lenny Beans isn't here to kick our asses"

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Punkin Spunkin posted:

seriously though game one is all about how mortal Golden State looked, right? there's no narrative of a comeback when Kawhi is gone

"Hey, Mike Brown, why do you think you guys are catching up?"
"Well, I'm going to mention everything except the literally only reason: Lenny Beans isn't here to kick our asses"

Dubs blow leads so easily when they play unfocused, and it tends to happen a lot. People have been over hyping the Warriors and while they should be favored this series, I can see this series going to 6 or 7.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
at least there is the game 7 of Celtics wizards tomorrow that should be fun

fun-ish

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
you know how annoying it is watching the whole world act like a comeback means anything when Kawhi is out?
It's like, this entire game was basically about the Warriors almost blowing game one. They still almost did it with Kawhi out. That's embarrassing
Klay was high as gently caress. Everyone was shook and confused. With Kawhi it would have been a 30 point Spurs blowout

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
but the confetti said

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
You know that confetti was there because they assumed they was gonna stomp

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
in the off-chance the Spurs lose to the Warriors because of cheapshots or MVP Kawhi being injured I will swear blood allegiance and also pledge all of my children and children's children to GOAT PHILLIP LeBron of the Cavaliers and watch them remove the tumor of the National Basketball Association
Bitter:!??! I don't even know what that word means

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
black confetti

like at a funeral

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
That didn't work for the Celtics...

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

DeimosRising posted:

On the one hand, he may not even be their fifth this year. On the other, their depth is nonexistent. If he's out for long and Kawhi isn't, it matters.

This isn't some Houston Rockets team that is going only 7 deep because Nene is out. They have probably the most talented 1-4 in the history of the league. Yeah they had to sacrifice depth to get that concentrated talent, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Patrick McCaw is decent but He Is A Rookie and therefore cannot be played

Barnes is okay but when you have him, Livingston, and David West, you're basically begging the Spurs to stuff the paint

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
The way I see it, the Dubs will get Game 2 no problem, and then they have at least one "Klay goes unconscious" games in pocket for the two in San Antonio. This one's going five at most.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Spurs in 5

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
the way I see it when do I get to watch da cavs

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

strange how pop criticizes trump and then a couple hours later some russian goon injures the spurs' best player

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Asked about the incident in the locker room after the game, Pachulia stated "if he dies, he dies."

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
:eyepop:

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer

Shear Modulus posted:

strange how pop criticizes trump and then a couple hours later some russian goon injures the spurs' best player

David Leevanov

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Away all Goats posted:

https://streamable.com/mhq8k

How was this not intentional? loving Zaza should have been ejected and fined for this poo poo.
It might just be because I've seen too many Bruce Bowen videos, but this extremely pissed me off and it's the only reason the Warriors won that game. It looked like intent to injure to me which is unironically disgusting.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012

Fast Luck posted:

It might just be because I've seen too many Bruce Bowen videos, but this extremely pissed me off and it's the only reason the Warriors won that game. It looked like intent to injure to me which is unironically disgusting.

At the risk of bringing an unending back and forth, to me that didn't look like Zaza was trying to undercut or hurt Kawhi like many others are saying.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Exhibit A on why Bowen is amazing.

I rest my case.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I hate the intentional argument. Like, hooray for you for not intentionally doing it it just happened incidentally because you're playing like a reckless rear end in a top hat. Hoo loving ray. Like, do you really think you are all that upstanding of a guy because you just wanted the shooter to worry about your foot and break concentration enough to effect the shot?

It's the same poo poo with Draymond's kicks. Hooray for Draymond he's an upstanding enough guy to not intentionally kick someone in the junk, he just wants the benefit of defenders worrying about his flailing arms and legs enough to give him extra space.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The Biggest Jerk posted:

At the risk of bringing an unending back and forth, to me that didn't look like Zaza was trying to undercut or hurt Kawhi like many others are saying.
He contested the shot and stuck his leg out, and then decided let's stick that foot further out. So that should already be suspect as hell to anyone watching.

But the thing is basketball people also already know how dangerous undercutting is. Like it's a known thing that everyone's aware of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THGJJHln4Co

So knowing that this is something that has hurt people before, and then seeing Zaza stick his foot extra extra out after the shot is already released? It's disgusting. Bowen is lucky nobody ever Kermit Washingtoned him.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
gently caress that loss hurts

gently caress the warriors

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

The Biggest Jerk posted:

These players all are insanely athletic, even the " oafs" like Zaza. They know where their bodies are on the court.

Zaza putting his foot out is psychological and intentional, he was trying to get Kawhi to alter his landing or gently caress with him on his shot concentration/follow through. So yes, it's dirty, because Kawhi was injured as a result of his gamesmanship even if he initially isn't trying to hurt him. Zaza has a reputation for being dirty so not sure why people would rush to defend that.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Like if zaza didn't take that extra completely unneeded step I could understand defending him and thinking it wasn't dirty but he did and it absolutely was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/HebertofRiffs/status/863870170779054080

For real though karma permeates across generations and I hope the Spurs spend an eternity resolving the karmic burden of Bruce Bowen

• Locked thread