Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
That has to do with the liquor on your breath and obscenities you are quacking Duck. Public drunkenness is discouraged on campus grounds

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Capntastic posted:

Remember when Scott Adams made that instagram model/his girlfriend(???) watch the debates with him and she was crying the whole time while he babbled about how Trump is a superhumanly intelligent hyperpersuader. Also remember when Scott Adams made microwave burritos that made people poo poo themselves. These are not questions, I am merely having you remember them back to back to get a full understanding of Scott Adams.

Ooh, I heard about that. THen he decided that Kraft must have paid storeowners to hide his products.

Spiffster posted:

That has to do with the liquor on your breath and obscenities you are quacking Duck. Public drunkenness is discouraged on campus grounds

That wasn't my experience.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

winterwerefox posted:

On the other hand,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn20oXFrxxg&hd=1
:colbert:

Stevoblunt
Mar 12, 2008

Fulchrum posted:

Forget that, Scott Adams is a loving gravity denier. He thinks things just magically double in size every second, so if you jump the growing fills the gap.

What is it about being an engineer that turns you into an rear end in a top hat? It's like they take a couple of advanced math courses and they think because they can understand those difficult concepts that they're experts in all other subjects. I used to work for a major aerospace company in the PNW and let me tell you, the engineers there loving love Dilbert. They also espoused the same disgusting unethical libertarian garbage that he does. It was pretty rare to find one that was in the a complete and utter right-wing turd.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Is anyone saying this?

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

Cloks posted:

Is anyone saying this?
It's a dumb gun control analogy.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Just think of all the non-violent applications guns have, such as

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

HAT FETISH posted:

Just think of all the non-violent applications guns have, such as

Inefficiently cooking bacon while looking like the worst piece of poo poo on earth?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaZGaJrd3x8

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Stevoblunt posted:

What is it about being an engineer that turns you into an rear end in a top hat? It's like they take a couple of advanced math courses and they think because they can understand those difficult concepts that they're experts in all other subjects. I used to work for a major aerospace company in the PNW and let me tell you, the engineers there loving love Dilbert. They also espoused the same disgusting unethical libertarian garbage that he does. It was pretty rare to find one that was in the a complete and utter right-wing turd.

Engineers tend to be people who like complex systems and believe in calibrating them to run as perfectly and efficiently as possible. Sloppiness and ambiguity in math doesn't work and in engineering it gets people killed. There's an ideal that all science should be as precise as engineering and math, but in most fields that's impossible because there's no way to get the data necessary for a truly perfect model.

Physical scientists often scorn the "soft" social sciences for fuzzy methodologies and unprovable conclusions and these critiques are usually legitimate, but ignore the real limitations of our ability to systematize something as complex as human behavior. Adams is echoing those critiques, but extending them to climatology (a fairly hard science) because the models they use are superficially similar to those used in economics and the other impure social sciences. He's a snob and a fool, but because no one can produce a climate change report that meets his absurd standards, he'll keep "asking questions" about something he doesn't understand until we're all drowning in melt water.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

I think this is a case of projection getting so out of control that he just ascribes his own actual belief to the strawman.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Scott Adams being crazy always makes me sad because I used to enjoy reading his books. Hell, I still agree with him that a perfect simulator like the holodeck will be the last great invention of mankind cause we will all lock ourselves in one till we starved to death.

I know I would.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Donald Duck is a patriot and good citizen who pays his tax and knows why :patriot:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMU-KGKK6q8

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

World Famous W posted:

Scott Adams being crazy always makes me sad because I used to enjoy reading his books. Hell, I still agree with him that a perfect simulator like the holodeck will be the last great invention of mankind cause we will all lock ourselves in one till we starved to death.

I know I would.

You are underestimating other people's desire for food and overestimating people's ability and willingness to distribute technology across the world.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

World Famous W posted:

I know I would.

And some people want a real experience, and a simulation, no matter how perfect, would be hollow.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I was a hundred percent serious, thanks for opening my eyes to the fact that people like interacting with reality.

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 06:34 on May 15, 2017

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Scott Adams has never been an engineer nor studied engineering.

His megalomania was already established when he put out his first books in the 1990s, it just wasn't as apparent because they were humor books and people assumed he was being wacky for entertainment's sake.

Gazpacho fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 15, 2017

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
I miss the days when "selfie" wasn't a thing.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Avirosb posted:

I miss the days when "selfie" wasn't a thing.
We had it real good before the first cave painting.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

it's beautiful

Make Bitcoin Great Again :allears:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Is Lauren Southern going to be able to appear on campus anytime soon?

Edit: tag urselves i'm stefan molyneux's massive jack off arm.

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 08:33 on May 15, 2017

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

If we're lucky, Garrison will die of a rage overdose when Trump gets impeached.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Why would you want to miss the cartoons from him that would come from that? They would be glorious in their denial of reality.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

54.4 crowns posted:

OOOH! BTW! HBO is bringing back spitting image!

And it's going to be loving terrible, because they'll fail to understand that it wasn't just about grotesque puppets.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Pants Donkey posted:

it's beautiful

I'm really enjoying the :umberto: , Garrison generally can limit himself to just one rhetorical focus.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

lol that the only nonwhites in that loving thing are depicted as screeching infants

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

For real though, if you get a chance to hit Gavin McInnes in the face with a bike lock, you take the shot.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

:argh: loving selfies!

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

also "students/leftists/etc are dangerous violent thugs and also totally ineffectual weaklings"

2017 is the motherfucking year of Eco y'all

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
"Name calling is weak and pathetic, you crybabies."
Nice self-own there, garrison.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Pants Donkey posted:

it's beautiful

Punch Nazis indeed

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

And finally;

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Rall, you can't even get the producers of the show right.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Pants Donkey posted:

it's beautiful

Of course Garrison is into bitcoin. That's almost like the free square in crazy racist libertarian bingo.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

He's back!

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

King Possum III posted:

And finally;

It's kinda bland but not completely poo poo? A real step up in quality for Rall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Pants Donkey posted:

it's beautiful

I sincerely hope Garrison and anyone else who uses "autistic screeching" gets hit by a bus.

• Locked thread