Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ace of Baes posted:

The black clique is always the coolest ppl imo but I'm biased bc that's who I hung out w. cuz the other options were gamers rednecks and gymrats

this is why trump won

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Montasque has issued a correction as of 05:38 on May 15, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's not enough to steal valor from the real military, but Mother Base too?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

thats like a sieg talk to the hand on the left there

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

ScrubLeague posted:

this is why trump won

Trump lost my state.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's got it all, folks

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
good on ben to stand in solidarity with chronic mastrubators

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ace of Baes posted:

Trump lost my state.

Congratulations on being in one of the three good states.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
i am pretty confused about all the labels.

"stool", "sky", "grass", "clock", etc

i don't really look at garrison's poo poo apart from what gets posted here and in the Trump thread, is it always like this?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

i am pretty confused about all the labels.

"stool", "sky", "grass", "clock", etc

i don't really look at garrison's poo poo apart from what gets posted here and in the Trump thread, is it always like this?

it's a photoshop, someone has altered it

you can tell by the things

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

the future is really weird.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Grand Prize Winner posted:

it's a photoshop, someone has altered it

you can tell by the things

it is me i'm the cuck

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

is that tal bachmann

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's got it all, folks

garrison probably honestly thinks the cops consistently side with the antifas against the proud boys and pepes too

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So this also happened

https://www.facebook.com/CentralArkansasAntifaOfficial/videos/1909295556008096/

Nazi LARPer versus Neo-Confederates

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗
is the bike lock thing supposed to be the devious antifa are ready to use those as weapons or just they really hate cars? I also love that they're simultaneously rioting hooligans and safe space babies.
I just love so many details of that the more I look. "I was going to set my opponent on fire, but now that I see he's got muscles I can't!" and "You've only got name calling, I've got logic and reason, you mentally handicapped idiot!"

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/jebhead2016/status/863668471610998784

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

That is very good and satisfying to look at. It has layers.

Strom Thermos
Sep 18, 2004

they had tiki torches right? it's so loving lame and terrifying at the same time

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
its gonna be great when a bunch of people get set on fire at one of these cuz some dude was trying to take a pic with his phone and didnt look where his torch was goin

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Wish I had come up with it, but...

Looks like that button's a shoe-in to be the author of the new Mein Kampf.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

i don't want people to miss this one

https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/863836141744783360

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Samovar posted:

Wish I had come up with it, but...

Looks like that button's a shoe-in to be the author of the new Mein Kampf.

all that time fretting about getting socked in the jaw by anti-trumpies has lead to some serious stress-eating.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Al! posted:

Gavin McPannis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji-cT58rgNc

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

looks like an anime convention gone wrong, there's even token black anime fans

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

There's now a book about the 4chan-right

https://twitter.com/AngNagle/status/863053814726877186

quote:

The book opens with a cultural history, "From Hope to Harambe," outlining the progression from mid-00s pickup artist communities, to overtly anti-feminist "neomasculinity," to Gamergate (here Nagle's narration takes a near-audible sigh), leading to its collusion with 4chan's troll army and its political awakening as the alt-right. Nagle wrote her PhD dissertation on online misogyny, witnessing this evolution in real-time. "There's a sort of broad arch of reactionary politics which moves from anti-feminism to racism," she explains, meeting me in Dublin to talk about the book.

I'd add in the new atheists and the dark enlightenment but yeah... Pretty much.

E: This article is this thread in concentrate:

quote:

Nagle approaches the alt-right as a tangle of wayward factions, united in their loathing of the left. Named for Marxist theorist Antonio Gramsci who argued that political change follows cultural change, the "Gramscian Alt-Light" are those people you've seen on 4chan threads: creative, angry, unpredictable, but politically vacuous and messy. The "Manosphere" are men threatened by feminists, who they claim augur in civilizational decline and "cucking." They have converted their misogyny into racism, which links them with more old-fashioned far-right bigotry.

What each group shares is a fear of the future, an atomized life spent forever alone. With its promise of a collective identity, the alt-right can seduce and assimilate these groups, lending them a sense of coherent identity.

She's dead wrong about this though:

quote:

Among the alt-right's leaders, Nagle sees Richard Spencer as the most influential and the most likely to sustain a political career. "Mike Cernovich, Lauren Southern and Milo, all those people are brilliant at media," says Nagle. "They're really good at Twitter, but they're shallow thinkers. Richard Spencer is much smarter. He realizes that conservatism will never be cool, so he's trying to bring in figures from the dissident left."

Spencer had a chance but he has almost no charisma and is a terrible communicator. The 4chan right don't want an academic, they want a bomb thrower.

Montasque has issued a correction as of 14:52 on May 15, 2017

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Coolness Averted posted:

is the bike lock thing supposed to be the devious antifa are ready to use those as weapons or just they really hate cars? I also love that they're simultaneously rioting hooligans and safe space babies.
I just love so many details of that the more I look. "I was going to set my opponent on fire, but now that I see he's got muscles I can't!" and "You've only got name calling, I've got logic and reason, you mentally handicapped idiot!"

They accused some antifa person of beating (an innocent) someone with a bike lock

/pol/'s "facial recognition" system identified some jr college instructor

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Montasque posted:

Spencer had a chance but he has almost no charisma and is a terrible communicator. The 4chan right don't want an academic, they want a bomb thrower.

Absolutely none of them are capable of a political career. Spencer is still the most likely only because he willing to file the paperwork.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Absolutely none of them are capable of a political career. Spencer is still the most likely only because he willing to file the paperwork.

He's the most likely to have a failed political career yes.

I should have been more specific - She's dead wrong about Spencer being the most influential. He's very unpopular with the chan kids, but he does a great job of selling himself as the leader of the alt-right to the 'normies' so I understand how the author would make that mistake.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Spencer only burned hard very recently tif

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Spencer only burned hard very recently tif

Every time Spencer talks in front of a group of people he hurts his cause.

He's that repugnant.

As far as the most influential of the alt-right... I'd say as of today it's Gavin McInnes. The Proud Boys thing seems to be growing. There seems to be a lot of adult men who want to join a no-fap gang named after a song from Aladdin The Broadway Musical.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
weirder than fiction

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Richard Spencer went to Auburn University and started shouting about how football and Jesus were bad.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Richard Spencer went to Auburn University and started shouting about how football and Jesus were bad.

I'm still mystified he made it out of that alive.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I can't believe they act like Auburn was a win

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

spacetoaster posted:

Just want to point out that to be a military vet, you have to actually have been in the military.

If you have autism you cannot join the military. Same for ADHD, or use of any drugs to help with academic performance (ritlin, etc) after age 12.

You also can't be fat.

You can take ADHD meds as long as they are prescribed by a doctor.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Not that strange. I remember watching a documentary about hate groups in America some years ago and it noted that was a lot of division between KKK types and Nazis. Nazism is not American or Southern. It's German.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Montasque posted:

There's now a book about the 4chan-right

https://twitter.com/AngNagle/status/863053814726877186

I'd add in the new atheists and the dark enlightenment but yeah... Pretty much.

E: This article is this thread in concentrate:

yeah, i heard nagle interviewed on chapo, i may pick up the book someday because she gets alot right that alot of the mainstream stuff don't. like the fact that their are different sects of it and that their internal ideals are broken as gently caress(beyond the bigotry parts) and the fact that most of the leaders dont like each other. plus she also attacks the dumb poo poo internet left from the left who helped push the dumb kids into the alt right inadvertently.

Dapper_Swindler has issued a correction as of 18:32 on May 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Montasque posted:

seems to be a lot of adult men who want to join a no-fap gang

Lol