Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's, like, the whitest mob.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gizmo Chicken
Feb 17, 2011

Yep.
rip Powers Boothe.

:smith:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The fire marshal should have snuffed out this gathering, with water hoses if necessary.

Tiki torches are for STATIONARY USE ONLY. It says so right on the label.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Takoluka posted:

It's, like, the whitest mob.

I was going to say, "Compared to a klan rally?" but really this is the exact same thing. And most of the same people.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EevoRUakA88

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND
Hacking schad reminded me of this article http://gizmodo.com/this-hacker-is-my-new-hero-1794630960

Dude is pissed at internet of things DDOS attacks, decides to do something about it.

quote:

BrickerBot, as the name implies, will brick internet of things (IoT) devices that fail a simple security test.

Schadenfreud on consumers getting their unsecured gadgets bricked, and the companies that manufacture them.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

You really need to see Spencer in full daylight to appreciate him in all his glory.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Bogan King posted:

You really need to see Spencer in full daylight to appreciate him in all his glory.

I'm the button

nnnngggggghhhh

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
I'm the guy wearing desert combat boots, the cheapest-imaginable khakis, a blue coat, and plastic sunglasses. Also I got a $2 haircut.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
He's so dapper lmao.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Somehow the first, famous gif of him getting smacked in the face is the one that is the most flattering to him that I've seen.

Someone told him about the KKK and he thought it stood for Krispy Kreme Konsumer and signed the gently caress up.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Seems like now is as good a time as any to post that Preacher comic

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

theres a will theres moe posted:

I'm the button

nnnngggggghhhh

That poor button could write a new Mein Kampf

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Blog Free or Die posted:

Hacking schad reminded me of this article http://gizmodo.com/this-hacker-is-my-new-hero-1794630960

Dude is pissed at internet of things DDOS attacks, decides to do something about it.

Schadenfreud on consumers getting their unsecured gadgets bricked, and the companies that manufacture them.

Your definition may vary but this is gray hat stuff to me. No profit motive to see if they can break stupid poo poo and it's kinda like natural selection buuut it's not very funny when it happens to grandma

So gray, not good or bad per se you just want the companies to learn a valuable lesson about not marketing products like the eDoor (you can lock from your phone if you forget, and maybe it defaults to an unlocked state if you don't swipe right and perhaps anyone with half a brain can gain access to eDoor but we can guarantee a false sense of security)

Our lawyers tell us iStove and GLock must be sold separately because seriously it's getting hard to tell people that it's actually carbon monoxide, bullets aren't made of lead and being technically correct is the best kind of correct

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hacker seems like a real prick, and I'm not sure why Gizmodo is lionizing him.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

PostNouveau posted:

My point is do you want the nerdy prick showing up at eDoor to say mmmmxcuse me but your IP is showing or do you want the other guy who isn't going to say poo poo about it?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

syscall girl posted:

My point is do you want the nerdy prick showing up at eDoor to say mmmmxcuse me but your IP is showing or do you want the other guy who isn't going to say poo poo about it?

Given that it is much easier to yell at the IT guy for the internet being broken than to take responsibility for the fact that you've broken the internet I'd say the 2nd one.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

Platystemon posted:

The fire marshal should have snuffed out this gathering, with water hoses if necessary.

Tiki torches are for STATIONARY USE ONLY. It says so right on the label.

Jet-B hoses.

E: Whooosh!

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Bogan King posted:

Truly a champion for the white race, and its "heritage", which is ... African.

I'm sad nobody punched him the gently caress out this time.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/ALiCE6TY9/status/863346642161762304

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

syscall girl posted:

I'm sure there's a few more options.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

http://i.imgur.com/WDHeEHt.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/w6Mt8Bv.gifv

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

What is the story behind this? Seems like there is more to laugh at than just this clip.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

Bogan King posted:

What is the story behind this? Seems like there is more to laugh at than just this clip.

Got flamed.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bogan King posted:

Given that it is much easier to yell at the IT guy for the internet being broken than to take responsibility for the fact that you've broken the internet I'd say the 2nd one.

You realize that the second guy in the analogy is a black hat and their only motivation is to steal from you or hurt you and laugh about it. The obnoxious nerdlinger in this analogy (it's me) is telling you to shut your loving door.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

syscall girl posted:

You realize that the second guy in the analogy is a black hat and their only motivation is to steal from you or hurt you and laugh about it. The obnoxious nerdlinger in this analogy (it's me) is telling you to shut your loving door.

I fully realise who the people in the analogy are. I also realise the mindset of the sort of person who doesn't change the default passwords on their stupid devices. Add to that I know full well who is going to take the blame for what ever the fallout is for people not setting things up properly and it is not going to be the person who didn't set it up properly.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
There were plural threads on these here forums just to :munch: and watch various open portals to people's private webcams for example, but if you're fine with Sarnsung making it so that we can giggle at your pjs from your toaster by all means be dismissive about exposing security flaws.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bogan King posted:

Trying to recreate a scene from a Lady Gaga music video, apparently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIdBcboPWEM

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 08:03 on May 15, 2017

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Bogan King posted:

I fully realise who the people in the analogy are. I also realise the mindset of the sort of person who doesn't change the default passwords on their stupid devices. Add to that I know full well who is going to take the blame for what ever the fallout is for people not setting things up properly and it is not going to be the person who didn't set it up properly.

Blame falls on the manufacturers, yeah. And we should all point and laugh at them and say "nana please don't buy product x those people are asshats" and hope capitalism works to solve the problem but it never seems to so idk

It's the scooty fruity thread on the deadest of the dead and gay forums so me getting upset about this is hopefully making someone chuckle.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm on your side here but I know how it's going to play out in reality too. The person who puts out the thing that stops it from becoming a big problem will be seen as the bad guy by most and the one who causes the big problem will be ignored in favour of blaming the closest person who has a modicum of responsibility of keeping the machines running.

Having the relatively harmless bricking of unsecured devices is a great idea. That doesn't mean I can't see where the fallout ends up for what ever happens.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax

PostNouveau posted:

I assume they're the person who got gizmodo's sister site the video of a girl being raped that they refused to take down. Either that or he's one of the boyfriends that jezebel editors committed domestic violence on.

cnut
May 3, 2016

23MB gif, road rager and buddy get owned

http://i.imgur.com/FTtPF8H.gif

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

cnut posted:

23MB gif, road rager and buddy get owned

http://i.imgur.com/FTtPF8H.gif

Looks way too fake, oh well.

cnut
May 3, 2016

LifeSunDeath posted:

Looks way too fake, oh well.

Looks like the dude gets choked out rather quickly but I have no idea how long it really takes.

Content!

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

cnut posted:

Looks like the dude gets choked out rather quickly but I have no idea how long it really takes.

Content!

Too bad the door stayed shut, fucker deserved a mauling.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

cnut posted:

Having choked people out like that myself that doesn't look too unrealistic given how hard he was trying to resist it. Not saying it's not staged but not impossible. Doesn't explain why he didn't get the guillotine choke locked in when he had the chance though.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
Not everyone is as crazy awesome as you though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Nothing says that dude is passed out, though. He could be out of frame clutching his painful as hell throat.