Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Can someone send a link to the wrestling promo that used Life at the Outpost at like half speed? Used to play in the PSP channel all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Aphrodite posted:

Punk should be fighting at Anthony's Pizza Presents Cage Fights at the local Knights of Columbus chapter.

Punk ends his career as he started it: performing in his backyard.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Classic Margherita Punk

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
CM Punk's future is ultimate bum shock fighting where he loses to a 300lb woman named Pam.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
If CM Punk loses to a fat woman, by the transitive property of MMA, he would lose a shoot fight to Andy Kaufman.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
CM Punk to Ganryujima, plz

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MrBling posted:

I feel like Punk should be fighting at a Rizin event.

vs. Saku plz

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bigass Moth posted:

Can someone send a link to the wrestling promo that used Life at the Outpost at like half speed? Used to play in the PSP channel all the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raed4-Wn79w

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Benne posted:

IIRC Punk still has a couple fights left on his contract, so maybe they just dump him some cans to pop an FS1 TV rating and that's the end of that.

Everybody's thinking about this the wrong way. They shouldn't be putting Punk against no-talent guys he can beat, what they should do is put him in fights in which he'd get absolutely slaughtered in. Put him against McGregor, Diaz, or GSP.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Sage Northcutt. That's like the only answer.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Davros1 posted:

Everybody's thinking about this the wrong way. They shouldn't be putting Punk against no-talent guys he can beat, what they should do is put him in fights in which he'd get absolutely slaughtered in. Put him against McGregor, Diaz, or GSP.

There is no real difference between a 4 year old child playing against LeBron James or Lance Thomas and that's why CM Punk should fight whatever nobody can get their name out there by having lots of people watch them beating CM Punk, parts 2 and 3. then he should do commentary for the pro wrestling

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 12:31 on May 13, 2017

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Many thanks my friend!

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
A while ago, there was a video posted of old pro-wrestling from Europe, might have been France, where both guys were doing spots you would see in a super-junior/cruiserweight match today. Anyone still have that link? I think it was from the 60s. And there might be a similar video I'm thinking about from the early 20th century where the wrestlers looked like they were doing more modern moves.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

sean10mm posted:

CM Punk's future is ultimate bum shock fighting where he loses to a 300lb woman named Pam.

In fairness Poovey is a legit contender.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How the gently caress does Jack Gallagher work his headbutts, and how does Marty Scurll work his finger snapping thing? They both make me cringe every time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's just doing a superkick slap for the headbutts.

Scurll does the sound by slapping his upper arms against his sides.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 06:22 on May 14, 2017

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Gallagher's moppy hair makes it hard to tell that he's just sort of smushing his face into the opponent's chest, and the way he throws his body into it (and the cameras do the impactful quick-cut) hides that he's slapping the poo poo out of the backs of his thighs with both hands.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

He's just doing a superkick slap for the headbutts.

Scurll's is masterful then because it doesn't sound like a slap to me. It sounds like a crack and is super :gonk:.

Fair play to both gentlemen.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

CarlCX posted:

Gallagher's moppy hair makes it hard to tell that he's just sort of smushing his face into the opponent's chest, and the way he throws his body into it (and the cameras do the impactful quick-cut) hides that he's slapping the poo poo out of the backs of his thighs with both hands.

I've not seen live wrestling since I was like 9. How does this stuff look to a live audience without the benefit of camera trickery?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Corrode posted:

I've not seen live wrestling since I was like 9. How does this stuff look to a live audience without the benefit of camera trickery?

I can only speak for myself, but usually when I'm at a live show I'm having too much fun to really pay close attention to the details of how they're working the match.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Peronally being there live magnifies everything - bad work looks worse, and good work looks amazing

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Aphrodite posted:

Either my body is built wrong or that is not how he does it. I think its actually the heels of his hands hitting each other. Something there

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

PunkBoy posted:

A while ago, there was a video posted of old pro-wrestling from Europe, might have been France, where both guys were doing spots you would see in a super-junior/cruiserweight match today. Anyone still have that link? I think it was from the 60s. And there might be a similar video I'm thinking about from the early 20th century where the wrestlers looked like they were doing more modern moves.

maybe the trampoline one? not quite as intense as what you're describing, but kind of fits the description a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cenS5gpiHPo

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Corrode posted:

Watching AJ Styles rag-doll himself live is very entertaining

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

VileLL posted:

maybe the trampoline one? not quite as intense as what you're describing, but kind of fits the description a bit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cenS5gpiHPo

That was definitely one of them at least! Thank you!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Solus posted:

Either my body is built wrong or that is not how he does it. I think its actually the heels of his hands hitting each other. Something there

I don't know, internet consensus seems to be that's what it is. One guy on Reddit claims Will Ospreay told him that's the trick too.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing

Solus posted:

I've seen it done in old world of sport matches where it was more obvious looking.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Is Wrestlemania 23 a good PPV or a bad PPV?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

bessantj posted:

I'm going to say good. Lashley vs. Umaga was dumb in a watchable way and there were a couple of nothing matches, but we got a Benoit match, Money in the Bank, Cena vs. Michaels and one of the best Streak matches.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

PunkBoy posted:

That was definitely one of them at least! Thank you!

yeah, i feel like i've maybe seen another video with the same concept, but no idea whether that's actually a thing

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

bessantj posted:

OVerall good

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Was rocky Johnson a good worker or a draw?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Gavok posted:

I'm going to say good. Lashley vs. Umaga was dumb in a watchable way and there were a couple of nothing matches, but we got a Benoit match, Money in the Bank, Cena vs. Michaels and one of the best Streak matches.

oldpainless posted:

OVerall good

Cool, thanks. Do you remember if the following Backlash was any good?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

bessantj posted:

Cool, thanks. Do you remember if the following Backlash was any good?

WM23 is very good, although a lot of that is tied up in being blown away at how good UT-Batista was, since the consensus going in was that it would be a snoozer. Still good.

Backlash 07 is fine if unspectacular.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

It kinda blows my mind that there are only 8 matches on the 23 card and 4 of them don't hit the 10 minute mark.

Ten years later, 8 SHITZILLION MATCHES

P.S. None of the Shawn/Cena matches are that good and Shawn should have won at Mania

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
their almost hour long match on that one raw was great though idgi

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

Was rocky Johnson a good worker or a draw?

Better Draw than worker but he'll tell you he wasnt the best. he worked soft other than when a chair was involved and most people have no complaints working with him (mick is granted a few but never really got mad about it)

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
What year was the best BotSJ with Liger and Benoit and Eddie? I'm on Wikipedia but I don't wanna spoil myself. Thanks guys.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nut Bunnies posted:

a lot of that is tied up in being blown away at how good UT-Batista was, since the consensus going in was that it would be a snoozer.

Yeah if I recall correctly Batista had kind of been phoning it in at the time, or at least seemed to be, but he sure as hell brought his A-Game to that match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I've heard that Taker and Batista felt slighted that they weren't the main event and decided to put on a show-stealer.