Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

I AM THE TOILET posted:

ico is dull and bad and shadow of the collossus is too

last guardian continues this tradition and lmao at scores of dweebs throwing themselves to its defense because for them it was a ten year, two system commitment for a molasses slow, uninteresting, aggressively player-unfriendly experience (but lol nah it's actually good because the dogbird acts like a cat!!!! haha)

this game has the worst controls since the ps2 era and i don't mean giving order to the rat bird thing, just getting your own character to do basic platforming is a chore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Legend of Dragoon isn't very fun.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Meridian posted:

Legend of Dragoon isn't very fun.

even as a fan of the game, I agree

psyman
Nov 1, 2008

yeah I eat rear end posted:

This was what killed it for me. In SA I would usually blow up at least one car on the way to missions, so the first time I flew out the front of my car after plowing into someone in GTA 4 I was like "this is bullshit". I play the car stealing game to go fast and break the law, not be a good driver that actually uses the brakes.

If your reaction to being launched through a windscreen in GTA IV was anything other than "this is awesome" then I'm sorry, I'll have to put you on ignore. An unpopular opinion I just cannot brook.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

morally adept posted:

Sorry I didn't do a melee character. I honestly didn't mind Lonesome Road or Honest Hearts. Old World Blues and Dead Money are the worst of the lot since they did little to advance the plot.

"the plot" referring to two DLCs with separate self-contained plots (?????????????)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

The original Fallout is the best Fallout

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

journey is a pretentious walking simulator that looks pretty

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
all the metal gear solid games are boring and lame

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Maya Fey posted:

this game has the worst controls since the ps2 era and i don't mean giving order to the rat bird thing, just getting your own character to do basic platforming is a chore.

Yeah, it's really loving bad. I managed a couple of hours before i gave up because i didn't really feel like playing a game from the mid 00's.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Dishonored (1) is better than any Deus Ex game

Truth.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

What a shame.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Honestly...Persona 5 is very hard. Too hard for me. I'm gonna quit.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

man nurse posted:

Stop talking about fallout u nerds

Here's an unpopular opinion for the thread, fallout is gay, stop talking about it gently caress

And if it IS so great talk about it in the GOOD game thread :smuggo:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
The Persona series is anime trash for pedophile weeaboos who wish they could gently caress high school girls.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

a bone to pick posted:

The Persona series is anime trash for pedophile weeaboos who wish they could gently caress high school girls.

True. But they're also quite hard.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

a bone to pick posted:

Finding out all kinds of uncomfortable things about my wife today

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Dennis System posted:

True. But they're also quite hard.

the games, or the weeaboos?

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

psyman posted:

If your reaction to being launched through a windscreen in GTA IV was anything other than "this is awesome" then I'm sorry, I'll have to put you on ignore. An unpopular opinion I just cannot brook.

yeah wtf like gta has a lot of problems but the core issue with four wasn't that it was unfun to play but that the entire narrative experience if the story was completely dissonant from your experience playing it

Niko was cool but like why am I playing Niko 'i do no like to keel people' Bellic in a game where smashing cars full speed into ambulances is so fun

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

WAY TO GO WAMPA!! posted:

Dishonored (1) is better than any Deus Ex game

Dishonored was good but it felt like they retooled an existing game in development into Dishonored like about a month before launch. like it's a stealth game that rewards you for stealthing with murder tools?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
juice ex

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

nigga crab pollock posted:

Dishonored was good but it felt like they retooled an existing game in development into Dishonored like about a month before launch. like it's a stealth game that rewards you for stealthing with murder tools?

Yeah, this was annoying. Low Chaos discouraged any of your fun tools, which sucked because the Low Chaos "assassinations" were way more hosed up and awesome.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Even more hosed up then the second game. Which also owned.

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

food court bailiff posted:

i used to think this, and still kinda do, but BotW is really good (specifically because it really emulates the 2d zeldas in terms of exploration)

This is the first thing to make me interested in BotW. I always loved the open style of the first two but the RPG elements gameplay of Zelda 2 pissed me off.

Unpopular opinion is that LttP is still the high point of the series with some of the most imagination outside of Majoras Mask.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Zelda 2 Adventures of Link was loving great

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Lil Peeler posted:

This is the first thing to make me interested in BotW. I always loved the open style of the first two but the RPG elements gameplay of Zelda 2 pissed me off.

Unpopular opinion is that LttP is still the high point of the series with some of the most imagination outside of Majoras Mask.

Capcoms gameboy zeldas were really good

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You know, here's another unpopular opinion: UT2003 and 2004 and UT3 sucked my nuts, UT99 is awesome.

The whole HARDCORE SKILLZ crowd ruined later UTs. The first UT was full of spam-mania weapons. It was a little bit slower so regular players could pull off the crazy poo poo. Every single weapon felt viable. It was a loving blast.

Then UT2003 came out and it was all twitch crazed bullshit that rewarded SUPERFASTKEYHITS AND PRECISION over any kind of tactics. Gone were the days you could gently caress some l337 pro up in a hallway by making it rain bouncing flak or trap them into a solid room of goo. No, now all that had to be nerfed in favor of the SKILLZ WEAPONS.

gently caress UT2003 and up. The franchise fell off a cliff and they blamed everything from piracy to arena shooters not being viable but really it's that hard to define quality I'm talking about right here that made that poo poo fall off a cliff, though this opinion gets hardcore rage from the FPS crowd online.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Quake 3 is poo poo because it's literally just quake 1 with a worse art style and slight balance alterations to make it have a higher skill cap which seems nice except it's quake, you are guaranteed to be at the bottom of that range even of you think you're good

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blazing Ownager posted:

You know, here's another unpopular opinion: UT2003 and 2004 and UT3 sucked my nuts, UT99 is awesome.

The whole HARDCORE SKILLZ crowd ruined later UTs. The first UT was full of spam-mania weapons. It was a little bit slower so regular players could pull off the crazy poo poo. Every single weapon felt viable. It was a loving blast.

Then UT2003 came out and it was all twitch crazed bullshit that rewarded SUPERFASTKEYHITS AND PRECISION over any kind of tactics. Gone were the days you could gently caress some l337 pro up in a hallway by making it rain bouncing flak or trap them into a solid room of goo. No, now all that had to be nerfed in favor of the SKILLZ WEAPONS.

gently caress UT2003 and up. The franchise fell off a cliff and they blamed everything from piracy to arena shooters not being viable but really it's that hard to define quality I'm talking about right here that made that poo poo fall off a cliff, though this opinion gets hardcore rage from the FPS crowd online.

i still have the original Unreal Tournament installed, i put it on every new computer. i love to boot up a match and kill some bots. no other shooter seemed as fun after, so i just keep playing Unreal Tournament. its fine, with mutators there is an endless variety.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
like it's nearly exactly the same except they made the default weapon easily the dinkiest and most useless weapon in any game and added the uktra MLG one shot railgun that is entirely balanced around your reaction time and hand eye coordination, by which I mean latency

they required you to have full map timer awareness to not get dunked on and it kind of blows

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Rutibex posted:

i still have the original Unreal Tournament installed, i put it on every new computer. i love to boot up a match and kill some bots. no other shooter seemed as fun after, so i just keep playing Unreal Tournament. its fine, with mutators there is an endless variety.

This is really sad actually

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
What's the appeal of aimbots? That's like negging a girl into your bed and then feeling proud.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Undertale is ugly as sin and the actual gameplay sucks.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

PostNouveau posted:

Undertale is ugly as sin and the actual gameplay sucks.

the game is mediocre and not very fun, and its fans are some of the worst people

Bobmuffins
Oct 10, 2016

i don't really want to buy persona 5 tbh

like its probably a good game i just don't care

Barry Scott
Jan 2, 2009
I actually kinda like Final Fantasy X-2. I even like the dumb title.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Heavy Rain was good

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Barry Scott posted:

Final Fantasy X-2 is actually the best Final Fantasy game.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Barry Scott posted:

X-2 has the best battle system. And the girls are sexy.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Heavy Rain was good

:agreed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0t0uCWjQ6Og

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Assassin's Creed: Unity (the France one) is better than Syndicate