Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Lol isn't two Support the meta?

Shifting that direction seemingly, but it's still two warrior a lot of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Just complain at the start of every match that your comp is poo poo. Then if you lose, you can type "told you retards gg" at the defeat screen. Your penis grows another micrometer every time.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Just complain at the start of every match that your comp is poo poo. Then if you lose, you can type "told you retards gg" at the defeat screen. Your penis grows another micrometer every time.

Don't forget "my back is so tired" if your team wins

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Li-Ming is one of my favorite heroes to solo queue with because she's one of the few that can truly "carry" independently of how your own team is doing. Like your team can be total poo poo but you can still have a pretty good game.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I like this site just because it gives you a guide for each hero.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/articles/heroes-of-the-storm-tier-list

Thanks friend! This site is just what I was looking for.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Ignite Memories posted:

Thanks friend! This site is just what I was looking for.

a lot of the icy veins builds also explain why you might want to use or not use different talents or explains where a hero is good or weak. It helps figure out why certain talents are clearly traps or why something else might be preferable to it.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Li Ming shouldn't be complaining about anything because you should be too busy spamming her sunglasses skin and turning your lane into a disco inferno.

Dairy Power
Jul 23, 2013

He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.
I think the game felt bad for making me play Nova to get through the brawl. I got 2 legendaries (Abathur announcer :D) and an epic out of the chest.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Don't forget "my back is so tired" if your team wins

Oh great, looks like we've got a carry. :jerkbag:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Bruceski posted:

Oh great, looks like we've got a carry. :jerkbag:

I would pay a lot of money to have :jerkbag: as an in game emote and spray.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

chumbler posted:

I would pay a lot of money to have :jerkbag: as an in game emote and spray.

This is the experience of playing Alarak.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

For all of the really bad design problems with Hamamoomoo, I sure am glad it wasn't skinned Rock and Roll Racer.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I feel like every game on hanamura is 4-1 then the team with 1 goes for boss, loses it, then loses the game

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Reverend Dr posted:

For all of the really bad design problems with Hamamoomoo, I sure am glad it wasn't skinned Rock and Roll Racer.

Two payloads going around the track, first to three laps wins.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

In all likelihood, Alarak rework will be live in 2 days. Once that happens, I'll need to queue up, find a TL team willing to let me first pick Alarak, then play some number of games until he's not banned, then play him.

It's probably quicker to wait to do that than it is to actually have a solo Alarak queue pop on the PTR. 20 minutes while I was doing chores, then I unqueued to skype with my wife, and now it's been another 14 minutes with no sign of stopping :psyduck:

At least I have gotten a lot done in the meantime.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I don't think the wait times will be as insane as they are on PTR but every QM for the next couple weeks is going to be D.Va/Alarak/Tyrande mirrors.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
I don't actually think Tyrande is that good after playing her on PTR a bit but I guess we'll see if I'm wrong

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The PTR has a pretty much non-existent queue population more than a couple days after the PTR comes out. If you want to try any games on the PTR you pretty much have to do it either Tuesday or Wednesday.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Tyrande does insane damage on her own while also amplifying everybody else's damage and right now she only feels limited by a mana pool that ensures you can't do everything all at the same time.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

exquisite tea posted:

Tyrande does insane damage on her own while also amplifying everybody else's damage and right now she only feels limited by a mana pool that ensures you can't do everything all at the same time.

OTO you can spec her stun to be free :shepface:

She seems like a ton of fun. Lots of fun builds. Definitely not solo healer but a solid lane bully and instant pick on "kill this one bad dude" maps like Punisher, Immortal, and Mines.

e: yeah gave up PTR after 30 minutes. May try again when cooking dinner and, bar that, try vs AI elites and try not to die.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 14, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Reverend Dr posted:

Thanks for reminding me I'll never get a Rock 'n' Roll Racer 2 :(

"Shred is d-d-d-dominating the race!"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Hexenritter posted:

Thanks for reminding me I'll never get a Rock 'n' Roll Racer 2 :(

"Shred is d-d-d-dominating the race!"

I can't listen to Paranoid without saying "the stage is set, the green flag drops!"

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
Jake JAMS into first!

Viper is in another time zone!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Thanks to ChicagoTed and all the other goons I played with this afternoon, those were some good murkin games.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
I didn't hear the actual version of Highway Star until it appeared in Rock Band (or was it Guitar Hero 3?) And even then, it took me a while to realize where I recognized it from.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

ToastyPotato posted:

I didn't hear the actual version of Highway Star until it appeared in Rock Band (or was it Guitar Hero 3?) And even then, it took me a while to realize where I recognized it from.

Yeah I first heard Highway Star in RnRR too and when I heard the real version I was all "oh poo poo so that's what that song sounds like"

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
:woop: got an announcer out of a chest!

:smith: it's rehgar

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Ciaphas posted:

Shifting that direction seemingly, but it's still two warrior a lot of the time.

That's the beauty of Khaz, he's both!

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

p-hop posted:

:woop: got an announcer out of a chest!

:smith: it's rehgar

I dunno, every time he shouts "Blood and thunder!" it makes me think of Oglaf, so there's that.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Terrible Tychus Goon Update: Thanks to the tips from a few days ago, I've gone from being a massive albatross to my team to merely a severe detriment. Teaming up with other goons to melt down diving fools in quickmatch didn't hurt either.

In return, have this quick summary of the game where I finally managed to snag MVP through the excessive use of Overkill and Minigun:

Also it turns out the secret to surviving as Tychus is to lure everyone into a friendly Skeleton King, then mulch what's left:

420 throw grenades from across the map erryday

Ooklimnoz
Jul 24, 2010
Speaking of Kel'Thuzad, how do you guys feel about posting hero concepts in this thread? I recently wrote a really long concept for Kel'Thuzad and would love some feedback!

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/heroes/topic/20754895514

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I was sad they gutted sustain Tychus but The Bigger They Are plus Overkill talents Tychus is really fun regardless of comp. Sniping runners with grenade feels as good as ever.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

I don't think the wait times will be as insane as they are on PTR but every QM for the next couple weeks is going to be D.Va/Alarak/Tyrande mirrors.
Can't wait for 1-10 alaraks that can't keep one bonus stack of Sadism (but take all of the high-risk talents)

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ooklimnoz posted:

Speaking of Kel'Thuzad, how do you guys feel about posting hero concepts in this thread? I recently wrote a really long concept for Kel'Thuzad and would love some feedback!

Becoming even stronger in death and Phylactery lasting six seconds feels like it would be way too strong. They specifically nerfed Uther's ability to perform after his death, and even before the nerf his abilities all did half damage/healing.

Edit: I really love the change they made to Snipe Master, holding on to stacks feels a lot easier now that they can't be removed by a stray beetle or ghoul. Also, it's great to be able to actually use my 1k damage snipes on objectives and use the 500 damage aoe to clear waves.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 11:21 on May 15, 2017

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Ooklimnoz posted:

Leave game design to the game designers is how I feel.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Does anybody have some pro Lunara strats? I bought her because Dryads were my favorite NE unit from War3 and 'yads are rad, and right now I just pick her most used talents from hotslogs. I get the basic gist of how she plays in that you're supposed to ambush people, apply a whole bunch of the poison dot, and then refresh it with W when they try to run away. And if you get jumped yourself... ur ded, basically.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Leaping Strike is good for escaping and murdering squishies. Nature's Culling at 7 makes her a monster on Battlefield. It's also good on Shrines but so is Splintered Spear.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

She seems to be one of the few heroes who has two truly good ultimates so that I actually have to think about which one I'd rather take at 10. Also a lefty! Maybe the first ever in a MOBA? I kinda wish she had the silly Dryad voice actor from War3 instead of this husky serious one though.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I would say at least half the cast has two good ults.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
It amuses me to think of an immortal Lich throwing sacks of bad wheat at people.