Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

stone cold posted:

certainly this has nothing to do with phibun's purge and the effectively puppeted state

Right, so Spara's take could be interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Pirate Radar posted:

Right, so Spara's take could be interesting

ooooooh i get it now

i, am dumb

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/henrymance/status/863682811626233857

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
think i might make an intial d playlist for driving

i'm a broken person

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/johncusack/status/863956749463769090

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

stone cold posted:

isn't the only country with a non plural name or a "republic of" or some variation you're supposed to call with a 'the' the gambia

"the" ukraine is a pro-kremlin dogwhistle that denigrates ukraine from a sovereign nation to a territory

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

think i might make an intial d playlist for driving

i'm a broken person

is that a tenacious d children's band

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

WrenP-Complete posted:

I want in on the etrog plan please, Avshalom, AA.
it's pretty simple, you already have kudzu in your country so you don't even have to smuggle it in, just rip a bunch of it up and start planting it in inconspicuous spots. now, the best organic way to get rid of kudzu is none other than the noble goat. this has all just been a build-up to my ultimate plan: global goat dependency

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

cinci zoo sniper posted:

"the" ukraine is a pro-kremlin dogwhistle that denigrates ukraine from a sovereign nation to a terrortory

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I tried to explain french-canadian/english canadian tensions to an American friend and now he thinks I hate people who speak english, especially if they try to speak french.

That's only mostly true.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
sunflowers are great

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
A ukraine

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Russian Kiev, really

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
Prib of te ahweian wace

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Sunflowers are synonymous with oppression

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Volkerball posted:

Sunflowers are synonymous with oppression

Oh, do they grow commonly in the South? Word.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Pirate Radar posted:

Oh, do they grow commonly in the South? Word.

Is rye el

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

rear end struggle posted:

Prib of te ahweian wace

Can someone photoshop this over that American comic book where the dude who looks like Billy Joel says "Why are the 'greatest of the white race' always the worse examples of it? Where is your chin!?"?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

I tried to explain french-canadian/english canadian tensions to an American friend and now he thinks I hate people who speak english, especially if they try to speak french.

That's only mostly true.

Just tell them to watch Bon Cop Bad Cop.

Also Bon Cop Bad Cop 2 came out on Friday and I cant wait to go see it tomorrow. :neckbeard:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Covok posted:

Can someone photoshop this over that American comic book where the dude who looks like Billy Joel says "Why are the 'greatest of the white race' always the worse examples of it? Where is your chin!?"?
i don't think anyone can

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

R. Mute posted:

i don't think anyone can

Ugh, sorry stereotypical 1950s teacher who doesn't understand that languages evolve over time and there is no "official rules" for a language as poo poo is organic, would someone photoshop this over that American comic book where the dude who looks like Billy Joel says "Why are the 'greatest of the white race' always the worse examples of it? Where is your chin!?"?

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i cannot make that photoshop. i am sorry

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Covok posted:

Ugh, sorry stereotypical 1950s teacher who doesn't understand that languages evolve over time and there is no "official rules" for a language as poo poo is organic, would someone photoshop this over that American comic book where the dude who looks like Billy Joel says "Why are the 'greatest of the white race' always the worse examples of it? Where is your chin!?"?
i don't think anyone would

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Covok posted:

fhe dude who looks like Billy Joel

ass struggle
Dec 25, 2012

by Athanatos
A kaiserriech dev

A gold star goon

Covok
May 27, 2013

Pirate Radar posted:

fhe dude who looks like Billy Joel

???

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

rear end struggle posted:

A kaiserriech dev

A gold star goon
jesus gently caress

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

R. Mute posted:

jesus gently caress
more like jesus bedford gently caress

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://giant.gfycat.com/InfatuatedHeavyCuscus.webm

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Don't mention food if they ask for your interests at the next interview.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Randler posted:

they asked about my interests in the previous interview. whenever i get that question i default to outdoor activities should the weather provide, since im very fond of swimming in lakes or calm rivers.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Randler posted:

"What are your interests?"

"Ending the oppressive regime of capitalism one office at a time."

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Covok posted:

"What are your interests?"

"They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a lovely head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight."

Covok
May 27, 2013

What are your interests?

""I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.""

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/403615352338128896

Arrrr

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lol

https://twitter.com/joerichlaw/status/863878869220294660

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

legit gj canada http://www.parl.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?billId=8108134&Language=E&Mode=1

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

also wew if wapo isn't drunk then gj trumponi

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

stone cold posted:

for a second i thought somebody was hating on billy idol and i almost flipped a poo poo

stone cold fucked around with this message at 04:33 on May 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

stone cold posted:

for a second i thought somebody was hating on billy idol and i almost flipped a poo poo

hating on whom?

• Locked thread