Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
https://twitter.com/hrtbps/status/863884970359750659

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

Momentum aren't compiling a list of every marginal in the country, they are showing where they are campaigning. It's not disinformation, you've just intentionally misunderstood it to score some fuckwitted point about people you disagree with.

There is nothing on 'my nearest marginal' that says it's anything other than a way of finding your nearest labour marginal.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

The yougov numbers are not counting regional swings, Matt Singh.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
"How many percentage points of the vote are UKIP losing" would be a better name for that list of figures

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

MrL_JaKiri posted:

The yougov numbers are not counting regional swings, Matt Singh.

What are they counting

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
It's a good job that Labour is the only party that is struggling to gain votes on the Tories, and that the other parties are doing much better and stealing both votes and seats away to show Labour's failure

oh wait

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Labour's new Communist election campaign boss will turn things around. An inspired appointment.

Ewan
Sep 29, 2008

Ewan is tired of his reputation as a serious Simon. I'm more of a jokester than you people think. My real name isn't even Ewan, that was a joke it's actually MARTIN! LOL fooled you again, it really is Ewan! Look at that monkey with a big nose, Ewan is so random! XD
Important news!

Squires is going to be doing Election cartoons

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...irational-foxes

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

MikeCrotch posted:

It's a good job that Labour is the only party that is struggling to gain votes on the Tories, and that the other parties are doing much better and stealing both votes and seats away to show Labour's failure

oh wait

Nice strawman

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
someone hosed up and let her near the general public

https://cdn.theguardian.tv/mainwebsite/2017/05/15/20170515MayAbingdon_desk.mp4

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

She at least seemed able to talk that lady down.

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004

Pissflaps posted:

Labour's new Communist election campaign boss will turn things around. An inspired appointment.

Corbyn could not have picked a better person. All of the major points in the manifesto (rail, getting rid of tuition, building 100k consul flats etc) that are impossible to pay, takes a communists level of cognitive dissonance to campaign on.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Darth Walrus posted:

She seemed unable to articulate any point other than "We want to support people with mental health problems and give them the help they need", which, looking at how the NHS getting the support it needs, the armed forces getting the support it needs and community care getting the support it needs worked out, should be alarming.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Pissflaps posted:

How was your enforced holiday? I see we've spent the time usefully by thinking about our past behaviour.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Evil_Urna posted:

All of the major points in the manifesto (rail, getting rid of tuition, building 100k consul flats etc) that are impossible to pay, takes a communists level of cognitive dissonance to campaign on.
Why do you think these things can't be paid for? We used to have nationalised rail. We used to have tuition grants. We used to build flats. What do you think has changed to make public investments in infrastructure and services impossible?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Baby boomers happened

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Evil_Urna posted:

Corbyn could not have picked a better person. All of the major points in the manifesto (rail, getting rid of tuition, building 100k consul flats etc) that are impossible to pay, takes a communists level of cognitive dissonance to campaign on.

You realise that many countries, including Britain at one point, had all of the stuff listed in the manifesto right?

The Labour manifesto would not be remotely exceptional in Scandinavia for example, a collection of countries well known to be impoverished and failing due to their inability to pay for basic social provisions.

E: beaten like Theresa May's sub clients

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Junior G-man posted:

How was your enforced holiday? I see we've spent the time usefully by thinking about our past behaviour.

I'm not sure if it's possible to talk about me while staying on topic - feel free to shoot me a PM if you like.

If you have any thoughts on the difference Labour's freshly poached Communist election campaign head might make I'd love to hear them.

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

pinkacidbootson
Apr 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Evil_Urna posted:

All the things they have here in France, a famously communist country.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pissflaps posted:

He's not a Communist, he's a member of the Labour Party & has been for several months. Odd that Labour gaining new members is something so upsetting to you, someone who has repeatedly stated they have no interest in membership of the Labour Party & has even openly considered not voting Labour next month.

Would also love to see examples of his defence of Stalinism. Which is an inexcusable sin, because Stalinism was a horrific humanitarian disaster, and also doing lasting damage to the very many different isms on the left that are firmly not Stalinist or even Leninist.

Evil_Urna posted:

Funny that when the manifesto is quite tame compared to the one successfully implemented by Labour in 1945-51, & numerous other parties across the continent of Europe in the latter half of the 20th century.

Also interesting how nationalised railway is cognitive dissonance while the evidence shows that British Rail's Intercity service one of the most profitable companies in the UK, while being more affordable for travellers than the railways are today & receiving significantly small subsidising from the state. Nor does it touch upon the fact that a state-owned British Rail provided jobs in this country, where trains & carriages were built, unlike today, and in fact much innovation happened at British Rail Research Division, with many trains on the railways today still based on technology created in Derby, like the Pendolino trains used across the globe.

So in other words, get hosed, you're spouting pish.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

He's not a Communist, he's a member of the Labour Party & has been for several months. Odd that Labour gaining new members is something so upsetting to you, someone who has repeatedly stated they have no interest in membership of the Labour Party & has even openly considered not voting Labour next month.

Would also love to see examples of his defence of Stalinism. Which is an inexcusable sin, because Stalinism was a horrific humanitarian disaster, and also doing lasting damage to the very many different isms on the left that are firmly not Stalinist or even Leninist.

He's been a communist party member for over 40 years and joined the Labor party in December.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

:eyepop: that is some top tier trolling.

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004

pinkacidbootson posted:

All the things they have here in France, a famously communist country.

And France is financially on the ropes. You don't look at a dude falling down the stairs and think that looks fun and throw yourself down too.

And Corbyn' s guy was legit a part of the British communist party for most of his life. That's why I am calling him a commie.

How do you propose paying for all of this? The UK already has a major problem with the rich offshoring and hiding money. It is only gonna get worse of you decide to tax them at over 90 percent.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

MikeCrotch posted:

oh wait

How much of this is deceit and how much is these people being shockingly stupid?

Evil_Urna posted:

And France is financially on the ropes. You don't look at a dude falling down the stairs and think that looks fun and throw yourself down too.

And Corbyn' s guy was legit a part of the British communist party for most of his life. That's why I am calling him a commie.

How do you propose paying for all of this? The UK already has a major problem with the rich offshoring and hiding money. It is only gonna get worse of you decide to tax them at over 90 percent.

Oh no not a commie, how will we cope in this, the most commie thread in d&d?

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 15, 2017

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Evil_Urna posted:

"The problems caused by rich people not paying their taxes cannot be solved by making them pay their taxes."

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

forkboy84 posted:

He's not a Communist, he's a member of the Labour Party & has been for several months.

“Communism still represents, in my view, a society worth working towards – albeit not by the methods of the 20th century, which failed.” December 2015

He wants to find a Communism that works and good luck to him I say, election night is going to be worth staying up for I think.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Was it his idea for McDonnell to deliver a speech in front of large Soviet flags?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

AP posted:

He wants to find a Communism that works and good luck to him I say, election night is going to be worth staying up for I think.

mostly for the intra-party blame game, I'm suspecting

which is what all of the Labour factions are manoeuvring for at this point, let's be real here

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I was in Essex for the weekend and there was a gently caress-off-massive coach covered in UKIP branding full of terrifying waving thumbs. I could only stare gormlessly as it drove past me on a quiet road and they all just... Looked at me and waved.

I really thought they were just loving off.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
It's definitely the PLPs fault that Jeremy put a communist in charge. Or maybe the medias.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

What's wrong with communists? They should be in charge of everything.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ronya posted:

mostly for the intra-party blame game, I'm suspecting

which is what all of the Labour factions are manoeuvring for at this point, let's be real here

Yeah, aside from the Tories managing to convince the press that there absolutely wouldn't be a snap election, the only really interesting thing about June 8th is what happens to Labour afterwards.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

That's some proper bants, that.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

AP posted:

Yeah, aside from the Tories managing to convince the press that there absolutely wouldn't be a snap election, the only really interesting thing about June 8th is what happens to Labour afterwards.

Scotland will be interesting too.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Darth Walrus posted:

They cut away before she could respond to 'actually we're making sure people get the money they need', maybe because the reply was 'gently caress you'

Did Peston actually read that out? I mean it would make for excellent TV right?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

He did.
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/864151215063617536

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil_Urna
Aug 16, 2004

nopantsjack posted:

"The problems caused by rich people not paying their taxes cannot be solved by making them pay their taxes."

How do you propose keeping them from leaving? Or just using legal methods to off shore their money? Come up with a practical solution that does not involve Gulags, as I know you all are quite fond of them.

• Locked thread