Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
:stonk:

https://twitter.com/jabarijyoung/status/864173794897743872

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Shear Modulus posted:

hope the players union got some steep concessions for allowing this crap (im sure they didnt and that the banana boat crew eagerly went along with it with the goal of mostly raising the cap)

Players get ~50% of revenue, and also the latest round of negotiations didn't really do anything to the cap. That crew mostly raised how much rookies get, how much mid-level guys get, added the veteran designated player (which doesn't affect players with 10+ years of experience, like the banana boat crew all have), and changed how contracts are handled for over 35 players (which does affect the banana boat crew, but that rule was bad and dumb and should have been changed anyway).

I don't understand why people rag on CP3 and Lebron for the latest negotiations when they avoided a lockout and mostly got changes in to affect younger players.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Shear Modulus posted:

yeah, i just have wishful thinking that the players value the integrity of the game like i do

btw is jersey sale money allocated to the specific player?

— If the NBA hits their targets for ad revenue it averages out to like $150,000 extra per player per year, which buys a lot of integrity

Not unless anything's changed in the most recent CBAs

quote:

LeBron James is changing his number next year from 23 to 6.

Although the Cleveland Cavaliers star says it’s out of respect for Michael Jordan, who wore the number, many cynics have said that James will sell more jerseys and therefore make more money.

That’s actually not the case.

In the NBA, unlike the NFL, the money made from jersey sales and other licensed products has been shared equally since the 1995 group licensing agreement was put together by the union.

That means that LeBron’s teammate Anderson Varejao makes as much as LeBron, even though sales of James’ jersey ranks second in the league and Varejao isn’t close to the top 50.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I love Pop, but dude you had Bruce Bowen on your team for like a decade. You are the last person that can complain about players undercutting people. I didn't hear Pop saying poo poo when Bowen was beating the poo poo out of Kobe.

Or when Aldridge is sliding under Curry shooting jumpers. The Spurs did that poo poo to Curry constantly last game.

Zaza plays rough for sure. I'm not sure he intends to injure people but he plays a bit out of control and definitely plays like he doesn't care if he happens to hurt someone.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

But her emails.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

thats a pretty strong statement from a profession that mostly says nothing ever but in a vacuum it still kinda soft sells the situation. zaza and warriors are garbage people

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Spite posted:

Or when Aldridge is sliding under Curry shooting jumpers. The Spurs did that poo poo to Curry constantly last game.

this didnt happen anywhere but your imagination

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Spite posted:

I love Pop, but dude you had Bruce Bowen on your team for like a decade. You are the last person that can complain about players undercutting people. I didn't hear Pop saying poo poo when Bowen was beating the poo poo out of Kobe.

Zaza plays rough for sure. I'm not sure he intends to injure people but he plays a bit out of control and definitely plays like he doesn't care if he happens to hurt someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9jqRw9Kcco&t=52s

Zaza straight up tries to injure people.

You're an idiot if you think Aldridge is sliding under Curry jumpers.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
When all anyone can do is post "Spider-Mans pointing at each other" memes, you definitely know Zaza is innocent

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Spite posted:

So Pop doesn't have a point because what Bruce Bowen did was correct :confused: I don't understand

The clip y'all posted of Aldridge's JUST AS DIRTY play showed Aldridge trying to shuffle his feet to not get beneath Curry who was jumping forward. Pachulia took extra steps to get below a dude taking a stepback jumper. The clip showed pretty much the exact opposite of what GSW folks said it did?

So he plays like it's okay if he injures someone, he just so happened to injure the best player on the team that was beating them, but it's fine because he might not have meant to do it, but he was okay with it if he did? That doesn't seem like a reasonable defense.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

As always, I Agree With Pop.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

If I didn't know that the Celtics logo was GE, I would have assumed it was a fancy clover

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Warrior fans acting like when they did something by accident their parents let them off just because your sibling did something similar*

*what Aldridge did was not similar to what zaza did Also just because Bowen existed doesn't mean others get a free pass

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Metapod posted:

Warrior fans acting like when they did something by accident their parents let them off just because your sibling did something similar*

*what Aldridge did was not similar to what zaza did Also just because Bowen existed doesn't mean others get a free pass

They don't get a free pass but Bowen did that poo poo for YEARS. Pop isn't wrong but I have no sympathy for him or the Spurs.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
in retrospect buying champagne during halftime was probably a bad move

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

This is a fun place

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
The only way buying champagne could ever be a bad move would be if they were giving it away in the same store. Now you have a bottle of champagne sitting around just in case something good happens.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Still can't believe the stupid kings remained a trash heap clusterfuck forvso long they stole that draft pick, gimmee the pick you assholes, give it up, dwyane wade needs weapons, paxson needs to draft a 12th year senior leader with no discernible basketball skill and with knees that would jave gotten him out of the military draft, you jerks, you absolute maniacs.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

it only seems similar if you have not watched a second of basketball and never seen someone go over a screen before. this never having watched basketball state of mind seems hard to manage considering the warriors fans have at least watched the conf finals and on for the last 2 years but somehow collectively they exude an insane amount of ignorance every loving time

Space Camp fuckup posted:

They don't get a free pass but Bowen did that poo poo for YEARS. Pop isn't wrong but I have no sympathy for him or the Spurs.

have sympathy for basketball imo. the warriors already made a superteam and then loving added a top 3 player to it. its a miracle we have a series at all and then its robbed from us cause the best team in the league is also the dirtiest

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Ghost Dog posted:

have sympathy for basketball imo.

Absolutely. It would have been an fun series. :rip:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

AggressivelyStupid posted:

In these trying times, to take our minds off how goddamn dirty and bitchmade the warriors are, let's revisit this fantastic video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRdYCwg4JwY

Check out buddy when buddy get up

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Metapod posted:

Dude that poo poo happens to Steph like 3-4 times a game. He _never_ gets that call and there are people in his airspace all the time. The Aldridge play was incredibly similar - contests a shot, turns around and shuffles backward. Curry dives on half his shots because if he doesn't he'd come down on someone's foot.

I mean, I get it's cool to hate on GSW but let's not act like they are the only ones that do this.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shear Modulus posted:

hope the players union got some steep concessions for allowing this crap (im sure they didnt and that the banana boat crew eagerly went along with it with the goal of mostly raising the cap)

They get 50% or so . It's basketball revenue.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Ghost Dog posted:

this never having watched basketball state of mind seems hard to manage considering the warriors fans have at least watched the conf finals and on for the last 2 years but somehow collectively they exude an insane amount of ignorance every loving time
Jesus Christ you are just obsessed with this hatred it's not healthy.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Spite posted:

The Aldridge play was incredibly similar

You don't think Aldridge's foot being about 2 feet in front of where Curry took off for his shot is different from Zaza's foot ending up behind where Kawhi took off for his shot?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Regardless the union can't tell the owners what to put on a uniform. It's a managerial prerogative.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Spite posted:

Dude that poo poo happens to Steph like 3-4 times a game. He _never_ gets that call and there are people in his airspace all the time. The Aldridge play was incredibly similar - contests a shot, turns around and shuffles backward. Curry dives on half his shots because if he doesn't he'd come down on someone's foot.

I mean, I get it's cool to hate on GSW but let's not act like they are the only ones that do this.

Can you link the Aldridge play you're talking about because if it is the one I've seen there's a pretty big difference considering Curry is jumping forward and Kawhi was fading away

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
If you slow down the video enough, you can see that the clever Zaza Pachoulia had enough time to write a thesis on how best to intentionally injure players, with a forward by Bruce Bowen himself.

Of course, if you watch the video at normal speed you might be tricked into thinking that Pachoulia is the same dimwitted, clumsy Frankenstein that stupidly injured his own superstar teammate earlier this year by crashing around out of control.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

Check out buddy when buddy get up

Has anyone noticed that he aint even get up that far?

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Spite posted:

what loving fantasy world do you live in. none of this happens

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I want to see a Venn diagram of people that chant "CHA-LU-PAS" at the end of games and people that complain about logos on jerseys.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

predicto posted:

Of course, if you watch the video at normal speed you might be tricked into thinking that Pachoulia is the same dimwitted, clumsy Frankenstein that stupidly injured his own superstar teammate earlier this year by crashing around out of control.

The clumsy oaf narrative is dumb AF. Come up with something better.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Are y'all the same people who think Dray couldn't possibly control his legs?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Warriors fans, please stop doing your best to turn me against your team. :(

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I want the Wizards to beat the Warriors in the final now.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Bashez posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9jqRw9Kcco&t=52s

Zaza straight up tries to injure people.

You're an idiot if you think Aldridge is sliding under Curry jumpers.

He's an idiot if he can watch the same game and see Aldridge, and Simmons for that matter, do exactly the same thing?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

predicto posted:

If you slow down the video enough, you can see that the clever Zaza Pachoulia had enough time to write a thesis on how best to intentionally injure players, with a forward by Bruce Bowen himself.

He didn't crash out of control he flopped to draw a foul.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

He's an idiot if he can watch the same game and see Aldridge, and Simmons for that matter, do exactly the same thing?

Yeah because that doesn't happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Go wizards

• Locked thread