Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Jota posted:

Can you link the Aldridge play you're talking about because if it is the one I've seen there's a pretty big difference considering Curry is jumping forward and Kawhi was fading away

Aldridge plants, turns around and then shuffles another foot or two towards Steph. It wasn't in the broadcast because they cut back to the action after he hit the shot. It's not as blatant as Zaza for sure.

If Steph had landed on LMA's foot and you put it in slow motion it would look just as bad. Watch the Zaza play in full speed - you would have to be really loving coordinated to actually do that in real time and Zaza is NOT that dude.

Everyone loving crowds shooters. Let's not pretend the Warriors are the only team that does it just because you don't like them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

curry being one of the few people who can shoot a ball off in the brief window before hes fully double teamed off a pnr on the wing means he has 2 dudes in his airspace on some number of jumpers. this is not anything remotely like a big closing out feet first vs a dude who is fading away unless you are fully shoved up your own rear end

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Papercut posted:

Warriors fans, please stick your dicks in the nearest juicero

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

no one is slowing these down frame by frame its barely slowed down shut the gently caress up about slow motion. its pure deflection

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

My hands are more than enough tyvm

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Ghost Dog posted:

curry being one of the few people who can shoot a ball off in the brief window before hes fully double teamed off a pnr on the wing means he has 2 dudes in his airspace on some number of jumpers. this is not anything remotely like a big closing out feet first vs a dude who is fading away unless you are fully shoved up your own rear end

Ah, so because Curry shoots fast it's fine if guys have feet underneath him?

It's not like I'm arguing Zaza is the innocent pure player. But that dude is not coordinated enough to perfectly slide a foot under Kawhi while looking the other direction in order to intentionally injure him.

So if you are just talking about dangerous plays (which is was, absolutely) then we have to talk about how that happens all the loving time. Or is Al Horford a super dirty player now too?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Chairchucker posted:

I want the Wizards to beat the Warriors in the final now.

That would be a great finals

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Reckless plays are still bad, even if he didn't have the requisite goon ideation of crumpling Leonard. He was still reckless.

Edit

Goon as in bill laimbeer, not sa user

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This is it, this is the moment someone finally convinces fans of other teams that their team is being treated unfairly

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Spite posted:

It's not like I'm arguing Zaza is the innocent pure player. But that dude is not coordinated enough to perfectly slide a foot under Kawhi while looking the other direction in order to intentionally injure him.

So if you are just talking about dangerous plays (which is was, absolutely) then we have to talk about how that happens all the loving time. Or is Al Horford a super dirty player now too?

what a retarded gotcha attempt. its not good or bad its a thing that happens cause of the nature of being doubled near the sideline and still taking a jumper dumbass.

taking a jumper in a crowd is a fundamentally different beast than fading away while moderately open and having a dude slide his feet underneath you. idk why this point flew so far over your head but i guess i can repeat it

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Spite posted:

But that dude is not coordinated enough to perfectly slide a foot under Kawhi

???

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

WhyteRyce posted:

This is it, this is the moment someone finally convinces fans of other teams that their team is being treated unfairly

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I don't think that you have to be some sort of lithe acrobat to undercut someone while they are jumping in the air

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Spite posted:

This is a pretty delusional rant.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

I hope the Warriors sweep the whole playoffs just to see the post championship meltdown in this forum.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
The crazy thing is Warriors fans are going to bat over Zaza Pachulia of all people. Like I can at least understand if this is Draymond because he's one of your best players and maybe you really love what he does for your team. But it's loving Zaza Pachulia!

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Don't forget all the hot takes that David Lee is dirty for what he "did" to Kawhi as well.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lol. I'm still banned from that subreddit after I made a thread demanding they hold my dick when Tony Allen shut the water off and the Grizz btfo them a few years ago. Good memories.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rabid Snake posted:

I hope the Warriors sweep the whole playoffs just to see the post championship meltdown in this forum.

From which side?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Warriors fans, some advice: embrace the heeling. Yeah Zaza cut under Kawhi, so what? It's a loving game, you do what you have to to get the win. It doesn't mean anything if you don't get a ring. His bitch rear end ankles should be stronger. Who the gently caress's the S&C coach for the Spurs anyway?

You should be posting like that because basketball is always better when there's a clear cut bad guy.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i think its pretty clear already but its true that rings are won on the back of drugs murder and cheating as god intended

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I wish my team were good enough to be hated. Dubs fans should embrace that. As it stands, the Grizz are just lovable underdogs that will only win one million championships.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

Warriors fans, some advice: embrace the heeling. Yeah Zaza cut under Kawhi, so what? It's a loving game, you do what you have to to get the win. It doesn't mean anything if you don't get a ring. His bitch rear end ankles should be stronger. Who the gently caress's the S&C coach for the Spurs anyway?

You should be posting like that because basketball is always better when there's a clear cut bad guy.

Holy poo poo I only just realized your av is a Crying Jordan av. It's amazing. :stare:

Also yeah, this. You guys are the bad guys now, stop trying to convince everyone else to like you.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Papercut posted:

The crazy thing is Warriors fans are going to bat over Zaza Pachulia of all people. Like I can at least understand if this is Draymond because he's one of your best players and maybe you really love what he does for your team. But it's loving Zaza Pachulia!

Fan (s)? It's like one guy. People here love taking any slight as motivation to get really angry on the internet that reddit is being brought up now.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Papercut posted:

Holy poo poo I only just realized your av is a Crying Jordan av. It's amazing. :stare:

Also yeah, this. You guys are the bad guys now, stop trying to convince everyone else to like you.

Big ups to Rick, Dejan, and the Secret NBA Illuminati...we out here

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Actually it's like 3 but Tae has to be contrarian about something I guess.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

pantsfreezone is the archetypal championship caliber poster

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

weird that Zaza is not coordinated enough to do this but he is coordinated enough to consistently set such wonderful "legal" screens.
Also, who cares how coordinated he is? A big oaf acting like an oaf and being reckless is just as bad. It's like saying Pyscho T isn't dirty because he's mentally disabled. It's true but it doesn't really matter.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

CharlestheHammer posted:

From which side?

Yeah one dude spent a good chunk of the year still angry over Russell Westbrook for some reason. I'm p sure someone will find a way to be salty if the Warriors win the championship.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

I wish my team were good enough to be hated. Dubs fans should embrace that. As it stands, the Grizz are just lovable underdogs that will only win one million championships.

I will pretend to hate the Griz just like The Boss pretended to betray her country if it makes you feel better

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Paul Zuvella posted:

I will pretend to hate the Griz just like The Boss pretended to betray her country if it makes you feel better

Thank you, my friend. You are a true Patriot

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

leftist heap posted:

Yeah one dude spent a good chunk of the year still angry over Russell Westbrook for some reason. I'm p sure someone will find a way to be salty if the Warriors win the championship.

I meant which side as in the guys who lost or the warriors fans for people not loving them enough.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Marc Gasol is a mean, nogood fella and I'm extremely upset about his ah, play.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
I like how people are convinced that a 95+ percentile athlete is not coordinated enough to stick his foot out.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Ghost Dog posted:

pantsfreezone is the archetypal championship caliber poster

Yes. All championship posting teams need the right mix. They need the loudmouth, they need the snarky stats guy, they need a guy that calls people fags, they need the quiet guy that tries to make people be friends, and they need one guy to emptyquote them, acting as a buff/debuff poster.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

pfz was the main tank and he knew his cooldowns well

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
My students left early, I ate some fried rice, and now I've got nothing better to do with my time than to think about hoops, post meta poo poo, and get mad about Lil Uzi Vert's verse on Bad and Boujee

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Who was that one heat playoff poster "journalist" that got really huffy and mad that his awesome player quotes weren't being treated as godly

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

NickRoweFillea posted:

People hate my Knicks even though we won't win anything in my lifetime :|

but if we ever get good you'd best believe I'm going full I'M FROM NEW YORK CITY Heel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if the warriors go 16-0 there will absolutely be warriors fans angry about people saying they had an easy time because every other team's players got injured and that green and pachulia play dirrty

• Locked thread