Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
They should make a Stratholme map where the objective is delivering tainted wheat while avoiding Arthas and your team gets a zombie for each one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Bogart posted:

It amuses me to think of an immortal Lich throwing sacks of bad wheat at people.

"Gluten Tag!" - Lich lord Kel'Thuzad, while dropping a bag of flour on someone's head for 350 (+15 per level) damage.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

"Gluten Tag!" - Lich lord Kel'Thuzad, while dropping a bag of flour on someone's head for 350 (+15 per level) damage.

Nice.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
German Nutritionist skin for Kel Thuzad, just for that one joke

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm up to five heroes that I enjoy playing so I think I'm ready for the terror that is ranked play :toot:

I should probably learn a real support though since I play Tyrande like an assassin and I don't see that changing with the re-work.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Do you guys think Dehaka will be a lot worse now that Primal Aggression is going? That seemed like it was way better than anything else at level 1

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Do you guys think Dehaka will be a lot worse now that Primal Aggression is going? That seemed like it was way better than anything else at level 1

I reviewed this change last week:

SKULL.GIF posted:

Primal Aggression brought his damage from 30 to 57 and added an extra tick of damage. The PTR removes Primal Aggression and moves his damage to 50. (I'm assuming actually 60 and 100, since that's how they're displayed in-game, they probably posted the per-tick numbers.)

So at level 0 his Dark Swarm did 180 damage over its full duration, 360 to heroes (420 with the talent), 399 to minions and mercenaries with Primal Aggression. The new Dark Swarm does 300 damage over its full duration, no special conditions.

The cooldown also got nerfed by a full second, so yeah I guess this is just a deliberate nerf to Dehaka's damage overall and getting rid of the weird complexity and special conditions. It's a significant buff to his damage against bosses and buildings, at least.

The buff to Feeding Frenzy is real good.

I don't think he'll be a "lot worse", his strengths are still strengths, he just maybe won't be an instant slam pick on every single large map.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm up to five heroes that I enjoy playing so I think I'm ready for the terror that is ranked play :toot:

I should probably learn a real support though since I play Tyrande like an assassin and I don't see that changing with the re-work.

Don't forget there are bans and of course up to 9 people picking before you, so be prepared in case you are that dreaded last of the last pick and your go-to heroes are not available.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
You will need 14 playable heroes (including the weekly free rotation) to queue for ranked at all. You should probably have 2-3 supports and 2-3 warriors that you're comfortable playing in case you get stuck with something as last pick. This isn't a big of a deal if you queue with someone for team league since you can just mash the button to lock in your first pick Nova or whatever.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
I did some stupid Buzzfeed quiz and was told I'm kind of a Tank person :confused:

I kind of get it since I adored playing Rag\Leoric in bot matches but are there any other self-sustainable tanks I should know about?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Irritated Goat posted:

I kind of get it since I adored playing Rag\Leoric in bot matches but are there any other self-sustainable tanks I should know about?

Chen can fight forever against a team that doesn't interrupt him out of drinking. Sonya has a lot of lifesteal with a Whirlwind build, and Arthas can keep going indefinitely as long as you're careful.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Irritated Goat posted:

I did some stupid Buzzfeed quiz and was told I'm kind of a Tank person :confused:

If you play leoric correctly you will almost never die. Same with Johanna. Hell, I suck and only get 1-2 deaths per game with them.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Irritated Goat posted:

Leo is more of a bruiser like Sonya than a tank. Rag is not a tank at all. Good tanks with self sustain: Muradin, Dehaka, Jo (with the right talents), ETC, Arthas.

Bruisers with sustain: Thrall, Sonya, Rag, Alarak (sorta), Artanis (sorta).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Johanna's a great tank if you solo a lot because she's very survivable even if your team are a bunch of noncommittal shitlords.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
ETC is a cool and good tank that can self-sustain and also literally win the entire game for you in a single good play.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

exquisite tea posted:

Johanna's a great tank if you solo a lot because she's very survivable even if your team are a bunch of noncommittal shitlords.

I'm usually always with my wife who plays Gul'Dan\Jaina mostly. I'll look at Arthas\Chen\Muradin\Dehaka for more stuff. We don't play very often or seriously but I like to switch roles on occasion.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Gul'dan + Auriel is a good combo that shits out damage and healing if you ever want to give that a spin. Also I wouldn't Chen in QM. His effectiveness entirely depends on how many interrupts the enemy team has. You're going to have games where he's just completely useless if they can stop him from drinking.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
They're all sustainable in different ways. A couple of them require lane presence or targets for sustain, but Muradin is really great because if you can just run away for 10 seconds, you can come back at full health.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I love Arthas because Howling Blast becomes infuriating once you complete Frost Presence

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chen really needs the same QOL treatment Sonya got where displacements don't interrupt Chug/Whirlwind.

I really have no idea why displacements are implemented as ministuns.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I love Leoric. Pair him with Valla or Tychus and watch the enemy team stuck in the Entomb melt.

That said, yeah, he lacks good CC other than his Q for slows and the Tomb. Pair him with Valla's Rain of Vengeance, Uther, and Zarya for a scary team.

Bogart fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 15, 2017

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The more games I've played with decent leorics the more I absolutely love the tomb

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

beejay posted:

Don't forget there are bans and of course up to 9 people picking before you, so be prepared in case you are that dreaded last of the last pick and your go-to heroes are not available.

:negative:

Although to be fair I did say "that I like to play" and not "that I am able to play." Also I know for a fact that there are heroes that I haven't played yet that will be picked/banned before me if I'm picking at the end of a draft.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

The secret is to only play bad heroes that nobody before you would ever think to pick or ban.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I loved Uther as a support pre patch and he hasn't quite caught on yet at plat so I'm hammer dudes all day.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Kashuno posted:

The more games I've played with decent leorics the more I absolutely love the tomb

Sick entombs are satisfying as gently caress.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The best character is Gazlowe with buzzsaw hands hth

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

bamhand posted:

I loved Uther as a support pre patch and he hasn't quite caught on yet at plat so I'm hammer dudes all day.

I went full-on melee and stun build for the first time yesterday and jesus is it effective.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Is Uther back to being the best melee assassin in the game?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
No but I healed 50% more than the enemy Malf in my last game. Increased heal at 16 into holy champ was healing everyone in range for 600 per melee hit.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

The real secret is that 90% of not loving up and losing the game is just knowing when and where to be

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dying less while still putting up respectable #s for your role is probably the best "get better" you can have

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

The proper way to rage when your teammate makes an obviously bad choice:

https://clips.twitch.tv/ZealousTemperedPastaDatSheffy

e: page 69 noice

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC

Kyrosiris posted:

I went full-on melee and stun build for the first time yesterday and jesus is it effective.

It's loving hilarious, I love it.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Kashuno posted:

Tomb is one of the main reasons I play leoric. I just sit there tanking the pokes until some idiot gets impatient, then they're stuck with a spooky hand on them and they can't move and I just kinda laugh while they freak out and die

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

BrianBoitano posted:

e: page 69 noice

haha nice

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

exquisite tea posted:

Also a lefty! Maybe the first ever in a MOBA?

Ah Muzen Cab from Smite is left handed and has been around a few years now, which actually ended up mattering enough that they lowered the amount of differential on where his basics travel, because certain lane spots could let you shoot around where no other character could, it was a huge deal since Smite's basic attacks aren't auto aim.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
You know what pairs really well with Leoric's tomb? Zul'jin's guillotine. That's some good stuff.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

How do you even play Zul'jin without Tazdingo. You're so easy to dive. At least with Tazdingo you can murder them and potentially hobble away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

DNK posted:

How do you even play Zul'jin without Tazdingo. You're so easy to dive. At least with Tazdingo you can murder them and potentially hobble away.

It doesn't play well but the idea is you play a "mage" zuljin where you boost your W and mainly use your auto's to trigger boosted bonus Q damage. That way you don't spend as long close to the enemy so they have less chance to chunk you. I would never pick zuljin for it but sometimes in QM you wind up against a team where you're never going to get many auto attacks in.

I really wish they'd buff Guillotine by removing one of its two cast times and make the hit box a bit bigger. Throw on an extra 10 sec cooldown or something to compensate and it might be a decent burst/finishing ult instead of a trap ult.