Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

FisheyStix posted:

Say whatever else you want about the guy, the dude can navigate the waters of scandal with a steady hand. It's not everyone who's so devoted to his craft that he shrugs off people who go for the throat like that- I mean, these are the same people who broke jontron and any number other impious minor celebs. They can get nasty and loud. But ol James is here for the movies and the movies alone, and I really respect that. It's a trait that I frankly envy.

James likes: movies
James dislikes: political arguments

Be like James.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
so when Hillary decides to run again in 2020 are the Hillary shitposters going to come crawling out of the woodwork again or will they just register new accounts

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

CharlestonJew posted:

so when Hillary decides to run again in 2020 are the Hillary shitposters going to come crawling out of the woodwork again or will they just register new accounts

if we're still posting here they will come, identical as in 2016, just as terrible as in 2008.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

FisheyStix posted:

Say whatever else you want about the guy, the dude can navigate the waters of scandal with a steady hand. It's not everyone who's so devoted to his craft that he shrugs off people who go for the throat like that- I mean, these are the same people who broke jontron and any number other impious minor celebs. They can get nasty and loud. But ol James is here for the movies and the movies alone, and I really respect that. It's a trait that I frankly envy.

Yeah he has restraint and tact and did a lot better than pdp or jontron.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

CharlestonJew posted:

Depends how much they get paid this time

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

They're all still here. Just over in another part of the forums.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Chomp8645 posted:

James likes: movies
James dislikes: political arguments

Be like James.

he didn't have his brain broken by twitter like the other two have

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

CharlestonJew posted:

CLINTON '20 -- Third time's the charm!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

James has a wife and daughter and doesn't have time for dumb bullshit.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Eagerly awaiting Mike Matei's SJW meltdown.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

spacetoaster posted:

What's wrong with this guy? Doesn't he get a tingle up his thigh when he hears Obama speaking?

Seriously though, I'm rather pleased that nobody is trying to make Obama out to have been a great president. Yet. It'll probably happen after a few years where they'll try and re-write history to say the Obama was one of the greatest.

pretty, i think he was ok, but he will be democrat Reagan because of W being poo poo and Trump being much worse.

Gammatron 64 posted:

It was.

There were multiple articles calling him a misogynist.

https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/ghostbusters-reboot-movie-critic-refuses-to-review/
http://www.avclub.com/article/ghostbusters-frozen-and-strange-entitlement-fan-cu-237139
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/18/the-soft-sexism-of-hating-on-the-new-ghostbusters

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/19/fashion/ghostbusters-internet-attacks.html

https://heatst.com/entertainment/angry-video-game-nerd-james-rolfe-will-be-right-about-ghostbusters-being-terrible/

Ultimately, James won in the end by not even responding to the people who attacked him. People did hit pieces on him and I know a few people who weren't familiar with him who didn't watch the video all the way through and thought he was a sexist because various news articles said so.

I dont get why a dumb remake was loving stalingrad for the woke liberals/left and alt right dipshits. the movie tanked anyway.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I dont get why a dumb remake was loving stalingrad for the woke liberals/left and alt right dipshits. the movie tanked anyway.

Because most "new media" is owned and run by the same group of people, and they are directly connected to PR firms hired by Sony and others

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

pretty, i think he was ok, but he will be democrat Reagan because of W being poo poo and Trump being much worse.

So far Trump has killed the TPP, expanded the veterans choice act, put Gorsuch on the supreme court, put sanctions on Iran, and actually bombed syria after they used poison gas.

I'm pretty sure NAFTA is going to get re-negotiated too. Has it been 100 days yet?

By this time in his presidency Obama had just bailed out his wall street buddies.

Oh snap, Trumps got'em on the ropes:

quote:

During the 2016 Presidential campaign, Donald Trump called the North American Free Trade Agreement one of the worst trade deals in history and promised voters he would get rid of the agreement as president.

Trump attempted to do that recently when he announced he was going to withdraw from NAFTA, only to reverse that decision less than 12 hours later. Trump says due to the urging of the leaders in Canada and Mexico he is willing to renegotiate the deal.

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 15, 2017

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the movie tanked anyway.

Hmm, must have been sexism.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

VikingSkull posted:

Link

The head of Sony Pictures handwaved criticism of a lovely movie as simple misogyny.

i dont care for ghost busters in general, 1 was funny, 2 is poo poo. all they had to do was placate the fans a bit and run the advertising and movie like Disney did with episode 7. but sony is loving terrible at movies so nope. the issue isnt the actresses, its that the studio is terrible and the director is woke hack.

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i dont care for ghost busters in general, 1 was funny, 2 is poo poo. all they had to do was placate the fans a bit and run the advertising and movie like Disney did with episode 7. but sony is loving terrible at movies so nope. the issue isnt the actresses, its that the studio is terrible and the director is woke hack.

the issue is the loving editing of these movies, where they improvise a scene a dozen times then the 'funniest' lines from each take are stitched together to create whatever the auditory equivalent of the uncanny valley is

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Clipperton posted:

the issue is the loving editing of these movies, where they improvise a scene a dozen times then the 'funniest' lines from each take are stitched together to create whatever the auditory equivalent of the uncanny valley is

thats the directors "art" and what he is known for. it should have been a different director.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Dapper_Swindler posted:

but sony is loving terrible at movies so nope.

Sony Pictures is the Hillary Clinton of Hollywood

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

food court bailiff posted:

theyre the EA of hollywood because when EA got voted worst company again they said it was because of their brave stance on gay rights

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

food court bailiff posted:

yeah pretty much. but their game section of the company is pretty drat great of late. i guess all the smart people in sony work there.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Maya Fey posted:

theyre the EA of hollywood because when EA got voted worst company again they said it was because of their brave stance on gay rights

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah pretty much. but their game section of the company is pretty drat great of late. i guess all the smart people in sony work there.

this is the hillary clinton book club and ghostbusters 2016 discussion thread please get out with your video games chat

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

i cant wait for hillary clinton to start pandering to gamers like she did conservatives

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Maya Fey posted:

i cant wait for hillary clinton to start pandering to gamers like she did conservatives

i don't know who made pokemon go

but i wonder if we can get them to help make you pokemon gooooooooo to the polls :razz:

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
How the gently caress does EA get voted worst company in a country with private prisons

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Psycho Society posted:

How the gently caress does EA get voted worst company in a country with private prisons

Day One DLC is a greater moral wrong than anything private prisons or banks have done :smuggo:

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hail hydra?

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Sex education is still a difficult subject to come to a consensus on. All studies show abstinence-only education is an epic fail so conservative governments have shifted towards "abstinence-centered" education where they teach some aspects of safe sex but basically hammer on STDs and promote abstinence as an awesome way to live. It is a huge faux pas in these cultures to be perceived as promoting sex for recreation or having sex with multiple partners.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
an epic fail you say

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Psycho Society posted:

Nerds are self-centered and dumb.

EA sucks but if you want to talk evil, there's Nestle, private prisons, banks and PMCs. Those are some actual, legitimately evil corporations.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

It's usually the dumbest, most unimportant poo poo that people die on hills for.

Like that stupid thing with video games that happened a few years ago. You can't even mention the event by name without getting people in a tizzy. Oh, and both sides of that fight are stupid as hell. If you were on either side in that flamewar, you should be ashamed of yourself. You all know what I'm talking about and if you had a dog in that fight you should be embarrassed.

Maya Fey posted:

What? Do their games even have gay people in them? Are they counting 12 year olds who call you a human being on xbox live when you're playing Call of Duty?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Psycho Society posted:

Prisoners and human rights activists are usually doing things other than voting in online polls

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

In the sixth grade sex ed was like "HEY GUYS SO YOU'RE GONNA START GETTING BONERS AND RIVERS OF BLOOD SHALL RUN" and didn't actually have any education about sex

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Maya Fey posted:

"boy i loved that No Man's Sky, can't wait to get home and fire that up! Will be that or some hearthstone I love quest rogue so much fun!"

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Play my new app game Hillary's Quest! It's your turn!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I'm just playing the new Skyrim game on this nintembo switcher. fur so na guys lol vote for me please

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

i may not be the mother of the special forces, but i would love to be The Boss

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

spacetoaster posted:

So far Trump has killed the TPP, expanded the veterans choice act, put Gorsuch on the supreme court, put sanctions on Iran, and actually bombed syria after they used poison gas.

I'm pretty sure NAFTA is going to get re-negotiated too. Has it been 100 days yet?

By this time in his presidency Obama had just bailed out his wall street buddies.

Oh snap, Trumps got'em on the ropes:

There are no new sanctions on Iran, the Trump administration is adhering to the nuclear deal.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the movie was also really poorly edited and written and seemed to be made by people that actively hated the original. i think suicide squad is the only movie i've seen lately that was edited more poorly.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dmitri-9 posted:

There are no new sanctions on Iran, the Trump administration is adhering to the nuclear deal.

Ok, sanctions on people, and companies, associated with their missile program. :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Play my new app game Hillary's Quest! It's your turn!

• Locked thread