Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Evil_Urna posted:

Thank you. I think it works well. Trying to crush business men who actually add to the economy because you are jealous of others success, or out of class spite or whatever. But it has been proven again and again that vindictive taxation upon the wealthy drives down the economy, and forces companies to offshore and to take money out of the local economy.

Thatcher and Regans policy's worked great in England and America until they were neutered and abandoned by administrations down the line.

Reagan's that guy the horse fucker quoted about how good it is to gently caress horses, aye?

https://twitter.com/VP/status/863182608552906755

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I've heard that it may have been a set up by the Tories anyway. Wasn't exactly a 'bigoted woman' moment.

Still think Gordon Brown should never have backed down and just called her a bigot again.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

namesake posted:

How many hot takes does it take to buy a Freddo?
With the post brexit pound who can say

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
McDonnell is giving a speach at Glastonbury on whether democracy is broken.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/the-left-fields-2017-line-up-is-revealed/

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

jabby posted:

Why on Earth would the Tories set it up for May to be torn into by a woman and clearly have no answers to give?

She did have answers. They weren't very good but she didn't seem 'ambushed' either.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Steve2911 posted:

I was in Essex for the weekend and there was a gently caress-off-massive coach covered in UKIP branding full of terrifying waving thumbs. I could only stare gormlessly as it drove past me on a quiet road and they all just... Looked at me and waved.

I really thought they were just loving off.

Hahaha, oh goodness no, those on the east coast who can't bear to go full blue will stay purple. First line of defence against the foreign types, you see.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

She did have answers. They weren't very good but she didn't seem 'ambushed' either.

This is it. The beginning of the ramp up to "I ended up voting Tory" on June 8th.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

the bullets represent labour votes.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Regarde Aduck posted:

This is it. The beginning of the ramp up to "I ended up voting Tory" on June 8th.

I've already posted that I'm voting Labour.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The reason The Brown Bigot thing was such a scandal is because Brown was still wearing his microphone when he accurately called that bigot a bigot.

I can only imagine the horror that May was saying the second she got back to her battle bus in earshot of journalists that would never report what she said.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Pissflaps posted:

I've already posted that I'm voting Labour.

What if you lived in Jeremy Corbyn's constituency?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I hope Corbyn wins cause he sounds like a good prime minister.

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://twitter.com/JmeBBK/status/864143484659388417

https://www.grime4corbyn.com

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

MonsieurChoc posted:

I hope Corbyn wins cause he sounds like a good prime minister.

Seems like most Britons are in favour of his policies. I think he's scooting into a clean victory.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Looks like Corbs has the grime vote locked up, surely he'll be elected PM now.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Gonzo McFee posted:

The reason The Brown Bigot thing was such a scandal is because Brown was still wearing his microphone when he accurately called that bigot a bigot.

I can only imagine the horror that May was saying the second she got back to her battle bus in earshot of journalists that would never report what she said.

How dare Gordon Brown bully a little old woman

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/15/football-tribalism-election-jeremy-corbyn-labour

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

The right-wing press (and the Mirror) have doxxed that guy who stopped the malware attacks by registering the domain name, and who wanted to remain anonymous for obvious reasons

e- also ITV has some Corbyn profile/interview going on

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I fear that Jeremy "Vote Like A Wasteman, That's Not Me" Corbyn may not be PM in June.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Definitely not in the early part of June

pinkacidbootson
Apr 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Evil_Urna posted:

Thank you. I think it works well. Trying to crush business men who actually add to the economy because you are jealous of others success, or out of class spite or whatever. But it has been proven again and again that vindictive taxation upon the wealthy drives down the economy, and forces companies to offshore and to take money out of the local economy.

Progressive taxation does not crush business men, nor is it the aim. This is not about jealousy or spite; it's about funding public services and infrastructure which are the main force of 'wealth creation' which you are overlooking. How many of these businesses would be able to operate so well without the population having access to public transport, public roads, utilities infrastructure, workers being healthier and living longer due to access to healthcare, and government funded fundamental research in all areas of science and engineering? The list could go on.

As for companies going offshore, that line of argument doesn't hold up when the UK already has such a low corporate tax rate. There's room for an increase while still being well below that of other G7 countries.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Did any intrepid UKMTers watch Ally Campbell's GQ interview with Tone? I can't imagine it being at all tolerable, but I'm wondering if we've many severe masochists in the thread.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

pinkacidbootson posted:

How many of these businesses would be able to operate ... without the population

The real question, IMO

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Are you saying we should commence project everyonegetmurdered?

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Regarde Aduck posted:

I assure you plenty of the obscenely rich have asked themselves that same question more than once.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

Man like JayCor.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Pochoclo posted:

The Tories and their supporters might actually be real-life Ferengi.

The Ferengi underwent moderation and reforms though.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Regarde Aduck posted:

Gentlemen, may I propose...

Hail SS-18-Satan may his passage cleanse the earth

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Pochoclo posted:

I assure you plenty of the obscenely rich have asked themselves that same question more than once.

Yeah but they realized they'd have to pay someone to start the wiki so it got indefinitely postponed.

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013
I was on the bus today and saw Jeremy Corbyn doing an event. I got off the bus and went to the event. Sadly, it was nearly over. I caught the last 20 minutes of a 90 minute talk. My main impression was that political rallies are incredibly bad entertainment, with everyone stopping to clap and cheer every two sentences. It was nice seeing so many people out and passionate though. There's a lot of anger, and a lot of hope. The end of it was genuinely quite powerful, and I think Corbyn's actually a pretty good speaker, when he's allowed to develop a theme.

I don't live in a marginal though. I hope he's doing this in places where Labour can actually make gains/prevent losses as well.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Did any intrepid UKMTers watch Ally Campbell's GQ interview with Tone? I can't imagine it being at all tolerable, but I'm wondering if we've many severe masochists in the thread.

Considering how many people keep arguing with Pissflaps, I'm sure of it.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Bad news lads, Tess May is using her implausible star power to try to split the youth vote:

Buzzfeed UK posted:

The Snap Election Just Got... Weird

We've all seen Jeremy Corbyn palling up with JME this week, but he's not the only one going for the youth vote in unlikely places before the June 8th election.

Theresa May has got the backing of jump-up D'n'B outfit SASASAS, just back from the Rampage festival and preparing for a string of gigs across Europe this summer, to side with her. When it comes to Brexit, she's the only one to "deal with the matter", claims frontman Skibadee, who worries that Jeremy Corbyn's weak attitude will leave performers like him unable to travel freely in Europe. Harry Shotta similarly gives the thumbs down to Labour, citing the risk to sterling that would impact those paid in pounds but travelling the globe in a couple of years' time.

https://www.buzzfeed.co.uk/buzzfeed-news/15-05-2017/an-entirely-fatuous-article-about-the-SASASAS-and-Theresa-May.html

Robot Mil
Apr 13, 2011

jBrereton posted:

Bad news lads, Tess May is using her implausible star power to try to split the youth vote:

Wait so they think that Theresa hard-Brexit-no-concessions May is going to make it easier for them to travel in the EU and have a more positive effect on the pound? Are they on crack?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Yeah Theresa May is 100% the person to back if you want free movement in Europe

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

I had no idea who Sasasas were but after looking them up I'm disappointed, I've been hoisted by my own PLUR.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Robot Mil posted:

Wait so they think that Theresa hard-Brexit-no-concessions May is going to make it easier for them to travel in the EU and have a more positive effect on the pound? Are they on crack?

Nobody ever accused musicians of being bright.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Robot Mil posted:

HJB posted:

I had no idea who Sasasas were but after looking them up I'm disappointed, I've been hoisted by my own PLUR.

OwlFancier posted:

Nobody ever accused musicians of being bright.

lol, always hover over the link people!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

namesake posted:

I mean, it's a very believable URL.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

namesake posted:

Who bothers with links? Sasasas are real, that's what concerns me the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

I get it the bullets are voters and he's pushing them away?

• Locked thread