Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

the new forums will have free candy and trips to the moon

it is my job to keep moon rock elite

once frmr speaker and current walking insulin pump advert newt gingrich started trying to lay claim there it became uncool anyway so it's good, we're bringing it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

ultramiraculous posted:

there's gonna be @mentions on the new forums right
As much as I hate to say it, I have gotten used to @mentions and "like"s on forums and miss them when they don't exist

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Sex and the City - Seasons 1-5 Xvid

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Linguica posted:

As much as I hate to say it, I have gotten used to @mentions and "like"s on forums and miss them when they don't exist

:yeah:

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Linguica posted:

mentions are good, likes are trash

notifications go with the overall mentions thing, and are good too. live updates would work great for sa as well. so there are some things to be gotten out of an upgrade certainly

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

there are some things to be gotten out of an upgrade certainly

unless one of those things is "profitability" i wouldn't count on it happening any time soon

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

ultramiraculous posted:

there's gonna be @mentions on the new forums right

Would that mean we can't have usernames with spaces? :ohdear:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

emoji posted:

Lol I haven't logged in in years but the initial uploads on wdma are so goon (also it's still very active lol)

lol i lost the link to that site and don't care anymore

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i had it but i guess it changed and i didn't get notified. oh well.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Doom Mathematic posted:

Would that mean we can't have usernames with spaces? :ohdear:
any reasonable mentions system more or less boils down to [mention]my user name[/mention] with javascript layered onto the frontend to make it work appropriately

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

mentions are good, likes are trash

likes basically serve the same purpose as emptyquotes do here

just don't go full reddit with it where content is hidden or visible based on them

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

A Pinball Wizard posted:

likes basically serve the same purpose as emptyquotes do here

just don't go full reddit with it where content is hidden or visible based on them

what, you don't want an arbitrarily curated forums experience?

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

likes, upvotes, ratings, whatever are bad news imo.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

CommunistPancake posted:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the forums? salr? already highlights you when you get quoted. i don't want some stupid @ system that beeps and flashes and sends you a pm when you get quoted

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

hifi posted:

the forums? salr? already highlights you when you get quoted. i don't want some stupid @ system that beeps and flashes and sends you a pm when you get quoted

mate I do. i can't imagine how many cool times ive been quoted but I missed it because I skipped a whole bunch of posts or whatever

mate just turn it off. dont ruin it for us

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

CommunistPancake posted:

correct.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

The SA forums are a fossil and totally out of touch with today's internet. Also any remotely modern feature used on any other wildly popular social media site is bad.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Linguica posted:

The SA forums are a fossil and totally out of touch with today's internet. Also any remotely modern feature used on any other wildly popular social media site is bad.

:correct:

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Linguica posted:

congratulations on achieving correct yosthought

would that we were all so lucky

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Linguica posted:

these are both true statements

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

Linguica posted:

+1 trenchant

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
when sa dies we all should go to jony's bbs imo

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Symbolic Butt posted:

when sa dies we all should go to jony's bbs imo

lol if you don't czech in to jony's slack from time to time just in case

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Linguica posted:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

hifi posted:

implement the @ system but only for him

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

the new forums should have like buttons but using them has some kind of negative effect on your account like posting in fyad.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

polyester concept posted:

the new forums should have like buttons but using them has some kind of negative effect on your account like posting in fyad.

forums cancer

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

the like button will ban you

that way people can complain about it and get banned again like the [poast] [reply] conundrum

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014
The "like" button will re-post a random lowtax tweet as your own in the very thread where you clicked "like".

Hollow Talk fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 18, 2017

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Hollow Talk posted:

The "like" button will re-post a random lowtax tweet as your own in the very thread where you clicked "like".

aaaaah, the reverse fishmech gastrain.

A_Literate_Negress
May 17, 2017

by zen death robot

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

this forum was built on an indian burial ground
What an exciting times for sa. Will the 'pos get to keep its :cool: green on black color scheme? I sure hope so. :pray:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

remember when the nice! button glorified a serial rapist

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

power botton posted:

remember when the nice! button glorified a serial rapist

well hey now tbf it was only like two years between him being unequivocally publicly outed as a serial rapist and when they removed him from the glorifying button and script that makes his face pop up at random intervals

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

well hey now tbf it was only like two years between him being unequivocally publicly outed as a serial rapist and when they removed him from the glorifying button and script that makes his face pop up at random intervals

Nice.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
teh cosby crew

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The man has not been convicted nor even tried at this point and to call him a rapist as though it is unequivocal fact is, frankly, racist as poo poo

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we let the bitcoin child molester post in here, why wouldn't we venerate william cosby?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

is that not a contradiction in terms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

well they posted on the previous page, so evidently "perma" is a somewhat flexible term

• Locked thread