Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it goes civil war > civil rights > obama > trump

it's because white people are ed balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
lmao just what the gently caress

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

my family in the south feels this way though they can't quite explain why

There's just something about him that colors their opinion, I imagine.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Baloogan posted:

hey, look at how much the left hates sarah palin!!! and she prob is the left most politician in america ever in terms of actual policies (wealth redistrib in alaska)

anyone else remember that hannity hosted infomercial back in 08? It went like:

Hannity: You give taxpayers money just for living in your state, really?

Palin: Yes.

Hannity: Even though you could tax and spend it like a liberal?

Palin: Yes.

hannity: wow, you're such a good governor

It may even be when he first debuted his Trump eyes, when they sparkle with love and adoration

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

my family in the south feels this way though they can't quite explain why

to put it in terms u might understand obama set up the chain of events that lead directly to trump. obama, from your perspective, destroyed america.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Venom Snake posted:

Dems lost 1000 seats across the fed and state legislators but yeah he sure could win two presidential races by good margins!!!

Obama had enough charisma to win running on policies that would sink anyone with less charisma.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

deathbysnusnu posted:

I'll fully admit that if Sarah Palin didn't have that folksy hokey doke twang I'd still hate her but like 75% less. Mike Huckabee has the same thing as a dude and I just remind him his kid killed a dog weekly on twitter.

so what you are saying is you are bigoted?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Agean90 posted:

pretty much. it's not like its his job to run the dnc.

plus he didn't lose to trump lmao go much of a gently caress up do you have to be to have 2 dudes who won the presidency then decide to ignore swing states lmao

He formed a massive grass roots org then did nothing with it. The sitting president is supposed to be the guide for the party and he guided it right into the ground. Then after the dems are nothing but a smoking ruin he rides back in on a silver horse to appoint Tom Perez to run the ashes.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i love blowing up minor stories about trump that suggest he might be possibly bad on twitter

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
trump

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

yondu's death and subsequent funeral made me cry because i am a very emotional person ok

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Are you loving serious.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

paranoid randroid posted:

im not sure how much i blame obama for the democratic partys losses because im unclear what specifically he was supposed to do to make the state parties be less full of nepotistic old twits

isn't this why PA went to poo poo?

like she campaigned a lot there but the state party is run by a huge piece of poo poo that purges anyone that wants to challenge him which is why dems have been super on the decline there?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Baloogan posted:

hey, look at how much the left hates sarah palin!!! and she prob is the left most politician in america ever in terms of actual policies (wealth redistrib in alaska)

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

i know it's not currently in fashion to be so jaded that things don't surprise you but for real at this point is anyone surprised by this? like anymore it's a logical reaction, pragmatic even, to know that nothing matters hmbol

Corny
Feb 18, 2006

i am scared

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

He formed a massive grass roots org then did nothing with it. The sitting president is supposed to be the guide for the party and he guided it right into the ground. Then after the dems are nothing but a smoking ruin he rides back in on a silver horse to appoint Tom Perez to run the ashes.

oh yeah true gently caress that guy

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
For most anyone in government discussing such matters with an adversary would be illegal. As president, Trump has broad authority to declassify government secrets, making it unlikely that his disclosures broke the law.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

quote:

At a more fundamental level, the information wasn’t the United States’ to provide to others. Under the rules of espionage, governments — and even individual agencies — are given significant control over whether and how the information they gather is disseminated even after it has been shared. Violating that practice undercuts trust considered essential to sharing secrets.

quote:

Trump also described measures that the United States has taken or is contemplating to counter the threat, including military operations in Iraq and Syria as well as other steps to tighten security, officials said.

quote:

“I’m sure Kislyak was able to fire off a good cable back to the Kremlin with all the details” he gleaned from Trump, said the former U.S. official who handled intelligence on Russia.

The President is a goddamn traitor feeding information to Russia.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

People are just realizing now that Trump's obvious dementia is a liability?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
that article is loving WILD

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

oh boy maybe the republicans in Congress will do somethi ahahahahahahj

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

quote:

In his meeting with Lavrov, Trump seemed to be boasting about his inside knowledge of the looming threat. “I get great intel. I have people brief me on great intel every day,” Trump said, according to an official with knowledge of the exchange.

It doesn't even phase me.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.
"The information Trump relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said that Trump’s decision to do so risks cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and National Security Agency."

Allies are going to stop sharing intelligence with us and I don't blame them. Trump is a super stupid gently caress.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

hey :shrug: shes the most left wing politician (in terms of actual ACTIONS) in US history and the left hated every fiber of her being

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

i know it's not currently in fashion to be so jaded that things don't surprise you but for real at this point is anyone surprised by this? like anymore it's a logical reaction, pragmatic even, to know that nothing matters hmbol
Congress will do nothing lol. Every future president will be even worse because now they know there's no rules.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

doesn't matter if trump does a super mega treason on national television, republicans are in control of everything and they don't give a rats rear end

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SKULL.GIF posted:

The President is a goddamn traitor feeding information to Russia.

How is he so bad at being a bad president? He could be so much more effectively terrible if he wasn't so awful.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
:tif:

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Baloogan posted:

its the president's right to share classified info with anyone he chooses

nbd that he chooses a foreign adversary that we know for a fact helped him get elected

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
because she sounded "stupid"

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Venom Snake posted:

Like I personally really dislike her because after she lost my life went to complete poo poo and a nazi is president but I don't loving hyperventilate every time I remember she exists

She's more responsible for Trump being president than anyone, including Trump.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i bet he did actually record it

lmao

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
im excited for the Spicey Take tomorrow (or the tea leaves reading a cancellation of Spicey Take will cause)

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
not just trump's obvious dementia, but also the fact he's a life long loud mouth idiot that says poo poo to impress them.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/864224477693005826

TRUMP!

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Deceptive Thinker posted:

trump did a treason for realsies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm going with Joe on this that he's unironically to dumb to collude with anyone and he's a walking intelligence risk because he can't stop running his mouth

• Locked thread