Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Look, I'm pretty much going to assume any upcoming show is poo poo until they prove themselves otherwise and so far what I know of the show and the people doing it doesn't come close to doing that. This just looks like your standard high schoolers battling monsters/fighting in tournaments LN except I guess this time it skipped the LN step. The only thing vaguely unusual is that they omitted the generic male protagonist - at least as far as the synopsis goes. Maybe it'll turn out really good, but I'm more befuddled by the enthusiasm than anything else. That's where I am at.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Fangz posted:

Look, I'm pretty much going to assume any upcoming show is poo poo until they prove themselves otherwise and so far what I know of the show and the people doing it doesn't come close to doing that. This just looks like your standard high schoolers battling monsters/fighting in tournaments LN except I guess this time it skipped the LN step. Maybe it'll turn out really good, but I'm more befuddled by the enthusiasm than anything else. That's where I am at.

Source your quotes

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The concept isn't super original, but strength of base concept is hardly a guarantor of quality. And the people involved have done some good things, but also some bad things?

That show will either be good or bad or in the middle, is my feeling based on the existing information

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
there hasn't been that much enthusiasm though??? one person listed things about it that seem cool to them and someone else just said "this has interesting staff" it's not a ton of people getting super hyped up for it. i think everyone is gonna be going in with pretty middling expectations

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Fangz posted:

Look, I'm pretty much going to assume any upcoming show is poo poo until they prove themselves otherwise

the state of the anime justice system is dark

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

kater posted:

But judging things is what I like to do.

Judge thy self.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Motto posted:

the state of the anime justice system is dark

anime deserves no mercy

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

anime is good

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I love anime, which is why I post in the anime forum

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

who the gently caress out here judging series based on who is doing "series composition"

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Parallax posted:

who the gently caress out here judging series based on who is doing "series composition"

people who believe the meme from 2014

though that's basically the main writer credit and they can have impact in some cases

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Parallax posted:

I'm submitting my MAL review right now

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

like a good writer is... good but ultimately they're not doing the execution of the thing

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
9/10. One point subtracted because touhou already invented miko battles

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Fangz posted:

anime deserves no mercy
:yeah:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Fangz posted:

Look, I'm pretty much going to assume any upcoming show is poo poo until they prove themselves otherwise and so far what I know of the show and the people doing it doesn't come close to doing that. This just looks like your standard high schoolers battling monsters/fighting in tournaments LN except I guess this time it skipped the LN step. The only thing vaguely unusual is that they omitted the generic male protagonist - at least as far as the synopsis goes. Maybe it'll turn out really good, but I'm more befuddled by the enthusiasm than anything else. That's where I am at.

All animes are probably going to be bad this year might as well close the thread then

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Matoi Ryuko posted:

All animes are probably going to be bad this year might as well close the thread then

I have faith at least one will be good this year, and so I'm still here

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

funsonally, i try to watch something before i judge it

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I won't watch it haha owned

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Doesn't seem too bad.

Excited for:
- Made in Abyss
- Owarimonogatari S2
- Centaur's Worries

Will at least check out:
- Ballroom
- that Vatican detective show because why not

Will certainly keep watching:
- My Hero Academia
- Sakura Quest
- Teekyuu
- New Game +

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Symphogear

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

chumbler posted:

Symphogear

One day I'll watch Symphogear. Probably.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
No idea what it is from but I like your new av, Mentat.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mentat Radnor posted:

Don't put off 'til tomorrow what you can do today, especially if that thing is watching Symphogear

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Mentat Radnor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibu_aoDrgTk

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
another heads up that you shouldn't really expect a cute, weird adventure thing with made in abyss, at all, probably don't watch it if you're squeamish

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
I for one couldn't possibly imagine that the show with Abyss in the title would happen to be....dark.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Those three really need their own spinoff

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i mean all i hear is that it is way more hosed up than you would probably expect it to be so, just saying, to keep that in mind

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Agronox posted:

No idea what it is from but I like your new av, Mentat.

It's from a very :kimchi: yuri manga called Kase-san, or rather its ongoing sequel Yamada to Kase-san.

Guy Goodbody posted:

Don't put off 'til tomorrow what you can do today, especially if that thing is watching Symphogear

I watched the first two episodes a while back and couldn't really get into it, but I've seen that "how much I enjoyed Symphogear" graph so I know it deserves my time at some point. I have a big mecha backlog that I'm determined to work through first though.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What's on your mecha log?

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

What's on your mecha log?

Mentat Radnor posted:

My list:

- Turn A Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
- Giant Robo
- The Super Dimension Fortress Macross (1982)
- Bodacious Space Pirates

Watching 0080 tomorrow night with some friends and some beers.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ah ok so you'll pick symphogear back up in half a year

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
That's a good list

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

bodacious space pirates isnt mecha...

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

Davincie posted:

Don't care, gonna watch it anyway and imagine what kind of robots they would pilot.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

this from the man who says yamato is mecha...

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

bsp is a parfait anime

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dogsicle posted:

this from the man who says yamato is mecha...

it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

The Colonel posted:

another heads up that you shouldn't really expect a cute, weird adventure thing with made in abyss, at all, probably don't watch it if you're squeamish

The Colonel posted:

i mean all i hear is that it is way more hosed up than you would probably expect it to be so, just saying, to keep that in mind
hosed up in what way? Like are we talking surreal horror or something else?

• Locked thread