Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I'm the steering column in the Williams FW16.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm famous driver Gilles Villeneuve.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I'm Quick Nick Heidfeld.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Pixar should do a Finding Nemo/Cars crossover so they can have a character named Gills Villeneuve.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Tony Montana should become an altright gimmick account named "Pepe Rosberg"

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/status/864264108337762305

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I take it back this is me reading the Worst Thread

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I must know what terrible watch that is.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

I'm Quick Nick Heidfeld.

I honestly thought he retired years ago but I had no idea he's been active in SportsCars this whole time and apparently won his class in the 24 hours of Le Mans???? Not to mention he was JUST on the Monaco podium in Formula E.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Targeted advertising for Lewis in the Times today

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DoctorGonzo posted:

Im Lord Hesketh

Hehe best answer

May i have a joint before this race? Sure, itll make it more fun! Champange?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Carth Dookie posted:

I must know what terrible watch that is.

Merc are sponsored by IWC but I don't think an IWC exists that's that gaudy.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

But he is a tiny dude. Thats only impressive because there is nothing for scale. As someone that watches almost as much UFC as F1, thats a tiny little dude with tiny dude muscles

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA9TaPDVUVU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Merc are sponsored by IWC but I don't think an IWC exists that's that gaudy.

Oh you sweet summer child. I posted that pic in the watch thread and within minutes was told it could be this:

Gold IWC Big Pilot.

I think they're right. Just look at that big gold hockey puck. It's Lewis to a T. :allears:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Why the hell would you buy an IWC and go "yeah I'll take the one that looks like a $150 Diesel watch from JC Penny"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Why the hell would you buy an IWC and go "yeah I'll take the one that looks like a $150 Diesel watch from JC Penny"

Please let me know what swiss watches don't look like that, I seriously looked for one a couple years ago and my only option was selling my left nut for an old Heuer Monaco so I went with an $80 Seiko.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

Please let me know what swiss watches don't look like that, I seriously looked for one a couple years ago and my only option was selling my left nut for an old Heuer Monaco so I went with an $80 Seiko.

Oris sponsor Williams and make fairly boring but reasonable watches. (unfortunately the actual Williams branded watches are ugly)

I rather like this one which is like a Swiss take on a 70s Japanese mechanical

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I actually would quite like that without the orange accents. This is how picky I am for watches.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The crime with the Oris Willaims watches are that they make them all in black carbon fibre and not a single one thought to go "hey let's go nuts and make a watch with martini striping details", like, come on

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Oris Aquis is actually a very nice looking diver too.

They have other nice divers but lean too hard on fake patina

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

That's a pretty nice diver since its not an obvious Submariner copy. I like it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

My one true love

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

My one true love

I had this for a while but had to give it up because I simply couldn't keep it in service.

Seiko Hi-Beats are so great, the second hand just glides so smoothly around the dial.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I have a real affinity for Seiko's old high end stuff for whatever reason. Their designs seemed to be a lot cleaner than the Swiss stuff around now

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

1500quidporsche posted:

I have a real affinity for Seiko's old high end stuff for whatever reason. Their designs seemed to be a lot cleaner than the Swiss stuff around now

Yep, and unlike vintage Swiss high-end stuff, you can get old King and even Grand Seikos for not that much money.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Yep, and unlike vintage Swiss high-end stuff, you can get old King and even Grand Seikos for not that much money.

I keep playing with the idea of getting a G757 and alternating between it being a good idea or being extremely tacky and in poor taste. That and I keep hoping another $100 or so gets knocked off the average price.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:whatup:

Also you guys should be checkin here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3520271&pagenumber=1

for watch stuff, though I could've sworn both of you have posted there before.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
This is creeping me out because the only two threads I have bookmarked on the forums are the F1 thread and the watch thread.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I might actually get that ChronOris, it's like $1500 which is shockingly good for a swiss mechanical, even a relatively low-mid range one (and Oris is independent, which is nice)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I might actually get that ChronOris, it's like $1500 which is shockingly good for a swiss mechanical, even a relatively low-mid range one (and Oris is independent, which is nice)

Probably worth it with the woven band. Sadly I'm now setting fire to cash buying and setting up an enclosed trailer for my kart and restoring an RX-7 so I'm probably going to stick with the People's Watch for a few more years.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm a total sucker for any watch with 70s-inspired design, especially if I don't actually have to deal with vintage watch headaches.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also sadly I did not jump on this reissue when I had the chance.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

God that's another one I really had an existential crisis about buying and couldn't decide whether it would be something I regret buying.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.oris.ch/en/watch/oris-williams-valtteri-bottas-limited-edition/01-674-7725-8784-set-42454fctb

I'd love that one.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

44mm, integrated rubber bracelet, carbon fiber case and dial. :ohdear:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
https://twitter.com/IndyOreo/status/864229177553276928

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Alright, this is getting a bit much now with this Kimoa garbage.

Go Vettel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That's as good as Bottas is.

• Locked thread