Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

euphronius posted:

High crimes and misdemeanors has like .... 700 years of precedent.
In that case the system is just busted lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/AsteadWH/status/864262487742361600

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i wanna know who the senior trump appointee is, there arent many to choose from

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ArmZ posted:

lol get hosed you piece of poo poo

I bet he doesn't even care about us!!! :qq:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

paranoid randroid posted:

hahahahahaha and this comes as a surprise to them? certain point you gotta ask yourself who's the real stupid rear end in a top hat here

is the answer "all of the above"?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

anime was right posted:

at least things are getting worse for them lol

*monkey paw etc etc*

lmao duck and cover

quote:

Communications staff and senior staffers at the White House were literally “hiding in offices,” according to a senior Trump aide, as a gaggle of White House press stormed White House hallways just after the Washington Post story broke on Monday evening

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

quote:

The Russians, the source added, “like [Trump’s] mental instability and stupidity. They don’t like his unpredictability.”

Lol

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

orange sky posted:

Come on this is definitely Comey

Comey wasn't a Trump appointee. He was appointed by Obama.

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

GBS has terrible political opinions. In other news, water wet and pope still catholic. More fake news at 11.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

in hindsight Trump loving the story of the snake was pretty ironic

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

euphronius posted:

High crimes and misdemeanors has like .... 700 years of precedent.

I think maybe he was referring to less formalized norms such as "don't fire the head of the FBI on a pretext to cover your rear end" or "don't spill the beans on intel, even if by doing so you don't break any laws you dummy".

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Comey wasn't a Trump appointee. He was appointed by Obama.
more like Obama disappointee

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

you know what to do, america

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Squizzle posted:

i wanna know who the senior trump appointee is, there arent many to choose from

TRUMP!

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Nichael posted:

yup, just saying this should be motivation for people to begin to restructure our government as a whole. Twice in sixteen years we denied democracy for the highest office, and now we're seeing just how hosed up the executive branch can get. Things need to change, and we need to stop looking to 200 year dead rapists for answers.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

slouch posted:

i recommend just waiting an hour or day or so and then reading the news. twitter is only really of value when there has not been time for someone to write more than a hundred and forty characters. things are a lot less annoying when you stick to reading full articles instead of trying to follow a hundred different journos all at once

yeah exactly

I stop checking twitter about 1-2 hours after major news breaks because it's just pundits stroking themselves instead of actual developments and I'd rather wait for longform stroking than quick jobs

but in the immediate aftermath of a major news dump? oh man is it juicy

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

How long until the right wing starts with the "Yeah but well he deserved it because he was with ISIS or something"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hillary 2020 posted:

GBS has terrible political opinions. In other news, water wet and pope still catholic. More fake news at 11.
Oh, well, hello, GBS, how are you, today

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Annual Prophet posted:

I think maybe he was referring to less formalized norms such as "don't fire the head of the FBI on a pretext to cover your rear end" or "don't spill the beans on intel, even if by doing so you don't break any laws you dummy".

those are all bad norms covered by high crimes and misdeamors .

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

he wants trump to leak the "tapes"

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

paranoid randroid posted:

gosh you guys if only there had been some warning that Donald Trump was a useless piece of poo poo! i guess he really pulled the wool over my eyes!

trump..............................bad??????????

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nichael posted:

yup, just saying this should be motivation for people to begin to restructure our government as a whole. Twice in sixteen years we denied democracy for the highest office, and now we're seeing just how hosed up the executive branch can get. Things need to change, and we need to stop looking to 200 year dead rapists for answers.
Agreed, we have any number of living rapists who can help to shape our society. Hell, many of them already are.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

same but for the GOP

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

FactsAreUseless posted:

In that case the system is just busted lol

yeah turns out if you are the party in power laws just dont apply to you

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

you know what, neocons? you can wage all the bloody wars you want, you're alright compared to literal loving traitors

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
the only thing funnier than trump's stupidity is the rationalizing he supporters go through to manage their cognitive dissonance. "strategic ambiguity" lmfao.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

lmebo everyone knows wed be better off w a new potus and that this one is actively dangerous but no one is doing anything about it

like dogg i think wed all consent to special elections just because, at this point

BAE OF PIGS
Nov 28, 2016

Tup

I never noticed all the sweat pouring through his shirt

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

PostNouveau posted:

Haha, there's a former spook on MSNBC saying ISIS is just going to kill everyone involved with that operation, so Trump got this source killed.

yea the source is done, either killed or hopefully escapes or pulled out :rip:

PostNouveau posted:

WaPo is actually being careful and not releasing the intel.

there is enough info for ISIS to figure out the cell

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

i don't think we're done yet tonight

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

problem with restructuring out govt to actually be democratic is that it would require voting to do it in the first place

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

How long until the right wing starts with the "Yeah but well he deserved it because he was with ISIS or something"

this only 1/4th of a Benghazi

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Robert Plant posted:

i don't think we're done yet tonight

Please, somebody resign.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Squizzle posted:

lmebo everyone knows wed be better off w a new potus and that this one is actively dangerous but no one is doing anything about it

like dogg i think wed all consent to special elections just because, at this point

BUT HER EMAILS

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

euphronius posted:

Whether it is illegal or legal is a non sequitur

the standard is high crimes and misdemeanors. aka bad government, obstruction of justice, begin a loving Russian hack.

Is there any truth to what napalitano said though, that he would be required to notify the intel committee of the breach?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i genuinely wonder what the results of a nationwide symbolic no confidence vote would be

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Mayor Dave posted:

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/864271161840087040

Communications staff and senior staffers at the White House were literally “hiding in offices,” according to a senior Trump aide, as a gaggle of White House press stormed White House hallways just after the Washington Post story broke on Monday evening.

quote:

“I doubt he did it to collude [with the Russians]. I think he’s dumb and doesn’t know the difference,” a former FBI official who worked aspects of the Russia investigation told The Daily Beast. “He thinks he’s arranging some business deal except that he’s not.”

lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

DogonCrook posted:

Is there any truth to what napalitano said though, that he would be required to notify the intel committee of the breach?

no idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.

Trump is gonna go to the ceremony when they add another star to the wall of fallen spooks lmao

• Locked thread