Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm not seeing it

That's because Tau stuff aren't Gundams. They're Battletech by way of Macross.

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 23:49 on May 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Imagine how strong the bigly marines will be in the fluff...phwoar

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles
Here's a podcast from the guys that have been writing the preview articles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USc1tq-PKuE

They said that Tau don't dominate their good matchups any more, but they've got better tools to deal with their weak matchups

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Pawl posted:

Here's a podcast from the guys that have been writing the preview articles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USc1tq-PKuE

They said that Tau don't dominate their good matchups any more, but they've got better tools to deal with their weak matchups

So 'lol you brought Orks or Tyranids' continues.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
If the bigmarines dont gently caress up somehow eventually then everything that is great about this setting is dead

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Zark the Damned posted:

I guess we missed it in all the excitement, but we're already 2 months after the Spring Goonmeet. We briefly discussed making it a roughly quarterly thing - any UK (and visiting) folk up for a meet up in June or July?

Maybe we could bid a fond farewell to 7th ed or do some Shadow War or something. Kill Team was pretty fun last time too.

I'd favour a first go at 8th. Rules are beginning of June. Pick a suitable points value and go at it early July.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Miles O'Brian posted:

If the bigmarines dont gently caress up somehow eventually then everything that is great about this setting is dead

I imagine it'll happen around the time of the next basic CSM kit release. And I won't lie, I'm probably going to make a CSM team for SWA using cultists and starter box Primaris turned renegades.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Booyah- posted:

ugh are there pictures of the new marines or not?

That sarge is doing his best Rowboat impression.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Miles O'Brian posted:

Well it's pretty much confirmed there will be gently caress ups.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I wonder what its like in a Rhino full of Biglys.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Zaphod42 posted:

That sarge is doing his best Rowboat impression.

Sarge is in the back, thats apparently an HQ.

Also on the next base size up.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Still seeing a ton of shooting buffs in the army that needed it the least. Will Orks and Tyranids have ridiculous melee buffs and movement shenanigans? Even with the limited information released thus far, I could come up with some great ones:

Made fer Fightin' Any unit attempting to disengage from melee with a unit that has the Orks faction takes a Battleshock test.

Get Stuck In! Models with the Ork faction add an additional 1" to pile in and when measuring melee range.

Vicious Intelligence Models with 10 or more wounds from the Tyranid faction cause an additional Mortal Wound for every To Wound roll of 6 in close combat.

Preternatural Advance Any unit attempting to fire Overwatch against an assaulting model with the Tyranids faction must re-roll successful To-Hit rolls.

They're Coming Out of the Walls! Genestealers and Lictors may assault from Reserves.

Proletariat Beowulf fucked around with this message at 00:26 on May 16, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Looking forward to the Imperium winning and GW wrapping up the franchise.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Still seeing a ton of shooting buffs in the army that needed it the least. Will Orks and Tyranids have ridiculous melee buffs and movement shenanigans? Even with the limited information released thus far, I could come up with some great ones:

Made fer Fightin' Any unit attempting to disengage from melee with a unit that has the Orks faction takes a Battleshock test.

Get Stuck In! Models with the Ork faction add an additional 1" to pile in and when measuring melee range.

Vicious Intelligence Models with 10 or more wounds from the Tyranid faction cause an additional Mortal Wound for every To Wound roll of 6 in close combat.

Preternatural Advance Any unit attempting to fire Overwatch against an assaulting model with the Tyranids faction must re-roll successful To-Hit rolls.

They're Coming Out of the Walls! Genestealers and Lictors may assault from Reserves.

If, during your turn, you secrete some sort of resin, you can pin your opponent to the wall and cram your ovipositor down their throat.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Everyone can charge after deployment in AOS (unless it states otherwise) so I don't think you need a special rule for that

Tyranids may have a special rule that lets them deploy >3" from an enemy unit, essentially giving them a guaranteed charge after deploying

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
pages ago but

SteelMentor posted:

Everything sounds pretty solid. Looks like they're doing a thing for each Sept giving a bonus just like the Big Marines article mentioned for different Chapters.

Also what the gently caress is a Drukhari.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

hah

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I think the news guys look great, they really aren't that much larger than the old models.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

the problem isn't the models, the problem is basically everything else lol

those new marines look fuckin' sick

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Isn't the Emperor going to be super mad that Guilliman is swishing around in the gene seed and making random poo poo, or is Guilliman just given free reign to go ham?

I haven't read the new fluff, but apparently Guilliman and the Emperor had a talk? Was it a good talk?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Close; goldmine

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

JBP posted:

Isn't the Emperor going to be super mad that Guilliman is swishing around in the gene seed and making random poo poo, or is Guilliman just given free reign to go ham?

I haven't read the new fluff, but apparently Guilliman and the Emperor had a talk? Was it a good talk?

I think we all know the Emperor said absolutely nothing...

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte

JBP posted:

Ever seen someone talking to the Grandpa who's staring out a window with drool down his shirt?

That's about the extent of that chat.

"Hey guys, had a chat with Dad, he green lit the bigly marines idea! No need to confirm with him, alright let's go"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Oh, that's kind of sad.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I bet Guilliman was like "Holy poo poo he is dead as gently caress! ...guess this is my show now..."

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Uroboros posted:

I think we all know the Emperor said absolutely nothing...

We probably won't find out, but I hope thats exactly the case and what actually happened in that 24 hours was guilliman coming to terms with there being literally no one besides him to attempt to un-gently caress things.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The other primarchs are going to be pretty confused when they get back and are confronted by a Guilliman yelling "gently caress THE RULES ITS GUILLIMAN TIME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE".

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Artum posted:

We probably won't find out, but I hope thats exactly the case and what actually happened in that 24 hours was guilliman coming to terms with there being literally no one besides him to attempt to un-gently caress things.

From what little I know I'm pretty sure it's heavily implied that's exactly what happened.

JesusIsTehCool
Aug 26, 2002
So I finished the phase two of my Ice Board I am building. I wanted to test out the water/ice effects because I haven't done them in like 6 to 7 years. So I built a larger hill that I put a small frozen pond on.

Really hoping that white glue in between to of the icicles dries clear.

With the test a relative success I moved on to the board and quickly realized I am going to need a ton more of the water effects stuff. So I built a bunch more hills until my friend buys more of the stuff.

I have two more half built (one that can be combined with the one I finished to make a huge hill or they can be used on the edge of the map) and am planning on building a rather large "hill base" as a center piece for the table. It has been a lot of fun working on this, one of my favorite parts of 40k is building the boards and terrain, lets just hope they don't change the board size in 8th.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
the Dornian hersey had better fluff and cooler bigmarines

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

If you get bigmarines, I get my Legion!

No!

Give me back my Legion!

NO!

That's it, HERESY NOW. HERESY NOW!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

JBP posted:

What's the silent corpse on the Golden Throne gonna do about it?

Emp's dead, yo. Has been for millenia, the Imperial Cult just won't let him loose so he can reincarnate.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Only fitting considering what he said at the beginning of every episode of Whose Line is it Anyway?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Liquid Communism posted:

Emp's dead, yo. Has been for millenia, the Imperial Cult just won't let him loose so he can reincarnate.

I seem to remember one of those short bits of fluff from a codex outright stating this, that they didn't want him to fully die to be reincarnated, he was more useful to them as a vegetable.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Liquid Communism posted:

Even vegetables can have feelings about things. It would be good if the emperor's essence was floating around the warp just becoming more and more pissed at humanity until he became a vengeful God.

Has there been much stuff about Roboute commenting on the Imperium being a poo poo joke?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

JBP posted:

Even vegetables can have feelings about things. It would be good if the emperor's essence was floating around the warp just becoming more and more pissed at humanity until he became a vengeful God.

Has there been much stuff about Roboute commenting on the Imperium being a poo poo joke?

No. I think he's keeping his own counsel and trying to figure out just how bad the Ecclesiarchy and Lords of Terra have hosed humanity in their desperate attempts to maintain their positions of power and prestige.

I honestly really hope the eventual goal of Robbie coming back is him and a couple other Primarchs rolling up on the Throne and being all "We apologize, Father... for taking so long to know your will" then powerfisting the Throne apart in front of the Custodes. It would be a cool change to the game's setting to have Imperium vs Imperium be a thing, and a great excuse for Chaos to get a bunch of new options as well.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 16, 2017

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Then they can bring back the aspects of the Emperor's soul that have begun reincarnating into people already.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

JBP posted:

Mostly just that initial bit of him going "OH WHAT THE gently caress".

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Liquid Communism posted:

No. I think he's keeping his own counsel and trying to figure out just how bad the Ecclesiarchy and Lords of Terra have hosed humanity in their desperate attempts to maintain their positions of power and prestige.

I honestly really hope the eventual goal of Robbie coming back is him and a couple other Primarchs rolling up on the Throne and being all "We apologize, Father... for taking so long to know your will" then powerfisting the Throne apart in front of the Custodes. It would be a cool change to the game's setting to have Imperium vs Imperium be a thing, and a great excuse for Chaos to get a bunch of new options as well.

Half the Imperium uses the excuse of heresy at the drop of the dime anyways so it's always been Imp V Imp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
I really don't think the Bigmars are going to be replacing the approximately 40,000 existing space marine kits, I'm seeing them more as a different faction of marines that can also hang out with their non-clonetrooper counterparts, so you can justify picking up a box or two without seeing it as starting a new army.

Shame about them ditching the cool intimidating vader-grille helms for that stupid snout face though.

Texmo fucked around with this message at 02:31 on May 16, 2017

• Locked thread