Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Mikl posted:

We need money, fast. The best way to do this is by trading, or... selling something.

I, Mi-al-kl of the Merchants, hereby propose the Any Port In A Storm policy. We must open our arms to our brothers belonging to the other People of the Book, who will be granted all the rights that belong to true-blooded Muslims... provided they pay a fee. Preferably a steep one.

I support this policy. We cannot use our full might against France while half the realm seeks to rebel at every opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Mountaineer posted:

Our soldiers do not fight with proper religious fervor while money-grubbing merchants are in charge. I, Mullah Mountaineer, propose that we strengthen the faith of our people and soldiers (use events and decisions to increase Piety).

I, Chatrapati of the Ulema, second Mullah Mountaineer's proposal.

While The Dalai Ullama's motion to bring peace to the land is laudable, I fear that peace without faith will only bolster parties who are more interested in filling their coffers than saving souls.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Crazycryodude posted:

I, Crazycrodude of the League of Merchants, propose the Make Al-Andalus avante-Garde Again Policy.

This policy stipulates that we minimize our piety, enlist the aid of the Dhimmi, and take any other methods to reduce our tech cost that the Sultan deems within reason, so that we may always stay on at least the same tech level as our neighbors. Unless the nation is in crisis and needs the resources elsewhere, every effort should be made to become a world leader and maintain a higher level of tech than any neighbor, especially a Military edge over France.

E:Question for Hashim: what tech group are we? Do we not have a Dhimmi Estate to appease/troll the Ulema with for that massive tech reduction?
As a member of the League of Merchants, I support this policy.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Got a couple proposals going:

catlord posted:

I propose that we massively increase our military research. If we can't trust anybody else, then we'll have to do this poo poo ourselves and we'll need a well trained and technologically advanced military to do so.

catlord.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I, Ismail al-Cyrahzax, propose that we use the wealth that will surely be coming to us on a comprehensive program of military expansion and reform. We should build a barracks in the capital and in other population centers if possible, while also expanding the size of the standing army, recruiting better officers to lead it, drastically increasing our research into military technology, and maintaining a minimum amount of wealth for hiring auxiliary forces in times of crisis.

Lord Cyrahzax.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I, Ralepozozaxe, The Dalai Ullama, propose that we increase our stability to +3 and keep it that high for at least ten years.

Ralepozozaxe, Snipee.

Mountaineer posted:

Our soldiers do not fight with proper religious fervor while money-grubbing merchants are in charge. I, Mullah Mountaineer, propose that we strengthen the faith of our people and soldiers (use events and decisions to increase Piety).

Mountaineer, Chatrapati.

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Grand Alliance policy: cultivate at least two military alliances, at least one of which must be with a Muslim power.
ETA: Advisory note, prioritize rivals of our adversaries (esp. France) as potential allies.

the JJ, Erwin the German, Dick Trauma.

Mikl posted:

I, Mi-al-kl of the Merchants, hereby propose the Any Port In A Storm policy. We must open our arms to our brothers belonging to the other People of the Book, who will be granted all the rights that belong to true-blooded Muslims... provided they pay a fee. Preferably a steep one.

Mikl, paragon1.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I propose we embargo the Celts. They don't deserve any of the trade going through the Mediterranean.

Hitlers Gay Secret.

Crazycryodude posted:

I, Crazycrodude of the League of Merchants, propose the Make Al-Andalus avante-Garde Again Policy.

This policy stipulates that we minimize our piety, enlist the aid of the Dhimmi, and take any other methods to reduce our tech cost that the Sultan deems within reason, so that we may always stay on at least the same tech level as our neighbors. Unless the nation is in crisis and needs the resources elsewhere, every effort should be made to become a world leader and maintain a higher level of tech than any neighbor, especially a Military edge over France.

Crazycryodude, GunnerJ, Talas.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

:siren: I have withdrawn my proposal to raise Piety. :siren:
The Merchants look like they're going to nullify it with their proposal to lower Piety, so I will try to come up with something new soon.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Crazycryodude posted:

E:Question for Hashim: what tech group are we? Do we not have a Dhimmi Estate to appease/troll the Ulema with for that massive tech reduction?

Supporting this

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Okay let's try this again.

The hated French may have captured Andalusian land, but have they captured the hearts of the Andalusian people who live there? I think not, and our brothers in the occupied lands must already be plotting rebellion. Let us devote some resources to supporting rebels in France.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
I'm dropping my previous policy for a new one: The Emerald Jihad

Brother and Sisters of Al Andalus, we are in dire need of money after our defeat at the hands of the French. In our time of need our allies abandoned us. Rumors say our so-called allies sit on piles of gems that they gain from their conquests. I say we show the Celtic Empire what happens when you turn your backs on your friends. We must amass an invasion force to capture Ireland. The French would probably strike one of us during this war so I ask that we send diplomats to France to broker a non-aggression pact so they may deal with the Celts on the larger island unopposed. Also, we may need to fabricate a claim or two to gain a proper beachhead.

I feel that this could be a policy all factions could stand behind (but couldn't propose since only the Merchants can declare a war of conquest)

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Did Poland inherit something in the middle of Germany?

Also, that Wallachia is huge and should probably just become "Romania" by this point.

Nicaea seems to be on the verge of becoming the Byzantine Empire again.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Grand Alliance policy: cultivate at least two military alliances, at least one of which must be with a Muslim power.

ETA: Advisory note, prioritize rivals of our adversaries (esp. France) as potential allies.

I Ikasuhito of the Merchants support this proposal. While I do commend Crazycrodude's longsighted proposal, our profits people are in danger now, so we must act immediately to safeguard them.

Ikasuhito fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 15, 2017

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Patter Song posted:

Did Poland inherit something in the middle of Germany?

Also, that Wallachia is huge and should probably just become "Romania" by this point.

Nicaea seems to be on the verge of becoming the Byzantine Empire again.

I think Poland has that one province along the coast, East Frisia or something. I'll probably add a decision for Wallachia to form Romania, looks like they're here to stay.

As for Nicaea, I'll admit that I made it kinda difficult to reform the Byzantine Empire. They still need Constantinople, Thessaly and Epirus. They do have a PU over Dyrrachion though, that blue state they're bordering, so they shouldn't face too many problems.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 15, 2017

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011

Crazycryodude posted:

I of the merchants support this!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Crazycryodude posted:

I support this.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Also, here's a bit of a bonus, the great powers of 1490:

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Crazycryodude posted:

I support this

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Can we get a religious map mode, because things are not looking good for Islam.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

I, Al-rusim khataan taht-Impy of the Ulama, propose a focus on Koranic study, general thorough education and upon investigating the entirety of the world as Allah would will us to do. Become the most scientifically and technologically advanced nation in Europe!

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

I, Frionnel ibn Frionnel al Frionnel of the most enlightened League of Merchants support the Grand Alliance policy.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Can we get a religious map mode, because things are not looking good for Islam.

Sure:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
So, one big problem is that it seems like we're on the rear end-end of Dar al-Islam.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
If Egypt could be dismantled it would reconnect us.

Also so strange to see Iconoclast as the reigning religion in the Anatolia. Must be a pretty :geno: area.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

Hashim posted:

Ralepozozaxe, Snipee.

Mountaineer, Chatrapati.

the JJ, Erwin the German, Dick Trauma.

Crazycryodude, GunnerJ, Talas.

How dare you lump me in with those coin pinchers! Er, with respect, my Sultan...

(I'm supporting Ralepozozaxe's proposal, FYI Sorry for not being more clear!)

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Hashim posted:

Also, here's a bit of a bonus, the great powers of 1490:

I am anxiously waiting for news about China, Japan, SE Asia, and the Americas. The next world news update is going to be sweet.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Not an easy time to be cathar... :smith:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Wow, Bogomilism is still around and the Shia are on the verge of being wiped out.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Policies so far, let me know if I missed something.

catlord posted:

I propose that we massively increase our military research. If we can't trust anybody else, then we'll have to do this poo poo ourselves and we'll need a well trained and technologically advanced military to do so.

catlord.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I, Ismail al-Cyrahzax, propose that we use the wealth that will surely be coming to us on a comprehensive program of military expansion and reform. We should build a barracks in the capital and in other population centers if possible, while also expanding the size of the standing army, recruiting better officers to lead it, drastically increasing our research into military technology, and maintaining a minimum amount of wealth for hiring auxiliary forces in times of crisis.

Lord Cyrahzax.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I, Ralepozozaxe, The Dalai Ullama, propose that we increase our stability to +3 and keep it that high for at least ten years.

Ralepozozaxe, Snipee, Erwin the German.

Mountaineer posted:

The hated French may have captured Andalusian land, but have they captured the hearts of the Andalusian people who live there? I think not, and our brothers in the occupied lands must already be plotting rebellion. Let us devote some resources to supporting rebels in France.

Mountaineer.

AJ_Impy posted:

I, Al-rusim khataan taht-Impy of the Ulama, propose a focus on Koranic study, general thorough education and upon investigating the entirety of the world as Allah would will us to do. Become the most scientifically and technologically advanced nation in Europe!

AJ_Impy.

GunnerJ posted:

the JJ, Dick Trauma, Ikasuhito, Frionnel.

Mikl posted:

Mikl, paragon1.

Crazycryodude posted:

Crazycryodude, GunnerJ, Talas, RZApublican, Lynneth, Technowolf, HiHo ChiRho.

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

I'm dropping my previous policy for a new one: The Emerald Jihad
Brother and Sisters of Al Andalus, we are in dire need of money after our defeat at the hands of the French. In our time of need our allies abandoned us. Rumors say our so-called allies sit on piles of gems that they gain from their conquests. I say we show the Celtic Empire what happens when you turn your backs on your friends. We must amass an invasion force to capture Ireland. The French would probably strike one of us during this war so I ask that we send diplomats to France to broker a non-aggression pact so they may deal with the Celts on the larger island unopposed. Also, we may need to fabricate a claim or two to gain a proper beachhead.

Hitlers Gay Secret.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Mikl posted:

We need money, fast. The best way to do this is by trading, or... selling something.

Support. I believe all of my fellow merchants can agree that we must again become a renowned center of knowledge, but our recent conquests rising up against us did not help our fortunes in this past war. It is time to truly integrate them into Andalusian society.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I agree with the sentiment here, but we must go further:

I support this action.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Islam isn't doing that bad then, we just have a big crusader state shaped tumor.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I, Sheikha Rabab al-Majnun, support this proposal.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

:bandwagon:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Dick Trauma posted:

Not an easy time to be cathar... :smith:

It could soon be the best if the Reformation happens.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

GunnerJ posted:

I, Emir Shoota al-Boy, place my power behind this proposal.

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016
A question. Do we need to specify that you need to keep exploring and colonizing or will you keep utilizing those resources? While I am sure we could specify a specific location at this point you would probably only have one or two options so it may not matter.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Rubix Squid posted:

I support this action.

Looks like we have a new member of the Oubliette faction.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
Welp. Missed that in the post. This is what I get for trying to decide things with a headache. Thanks for catching that. Ahem.

Crazycryodude posted:

I support this proposal. I do hope that Ismail al-Cyrahzax passes in the New Taifas however.

Rubix Squid fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 16, 2017

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Mountaineer posted:

Okay let's try this again.

The Faithful are within every land, yearning to serve Allah openly and in peace. But they cannot do so until they throw off the infidels yoke. I, Slaan al-Andalusi, support this measure

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Crazycryodude posted:

Supporting this.

Also, goddamnit Morocco and Celts, loving help us!

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

Patter Song posted:

Hashim posted:

I'll probably add a decision for Wallachia to form Romania, looks like they're here to stay.
Actually, Romania is already formable.