Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Shear Modulus posted:

does some of the violence in the mangles temecula also symbolize the conflicting feelings you feel about table-shoving rondo vs playoff hero beating the celtics for a couple games rondo

there's a rondo for every time and place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

perhaps there is only one rondo, and he simply connects the places

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

So infinite rondos

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I was going to respond to something earlier that no matter how hard I tried the Sun Microsystems logo, Sammy Zane's shirt and the Boston Gardens floor will always look like a bunch of swastikas to me, but now I dont remember the post

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/864266292051791872

I LOVE THE NBA

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

"One of the men charged, Darian Blount, told Malone during the attack that he “disrespected James Harden and that he needs to be punished after that,”

That dude must be busy as poo poo right now

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

SAME

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Maybe he heard about the lawsuit just before that game 6

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

There is so much to unpack here.

quote:

Malone, the son of Hall of Famer and former Rockets center Moses Malone, was beaten and robbed of $15,000 to $50,000 in jewelry at a Houston strip club in June.

What is Moses Malone Jr doing that he wears 50k in jewelry to the strip club?

quote:

Malone’s suit alleges that Harden paid the robbers $20,000 to attack him after Harden became upset over Malone’s Facebook post about Harden’s basketball camp.

“The post basically referenced the fact that James Harden was charging $250 for a basketball camp,” Malone’s lawyer, George Farah, told ABC-13 News in July.

I'm signing my kids up for week long camps right now, $250 for a basketball camp seems like a pretty reasonable price.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

EvanTH posted:

Maybe he heard about the lawsuit just before that game 6

A conspiracy!!!

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
That actually happened a few months ago at least. Not sure why he's suing the guy now

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

chunkles posted:

That actually happened a few months ago at least. Not sure why he's suing the guy now

He's only the son of Moses so he had to wait for the red sea to part

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what if it's the wrong moses malone and he got himself into a big lebowski situation

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

quote:

One of the men charged, Darian Blount, told Malone during the attack that he “disrespected James Harden and that he needs to be punished after that,” according to a criminal complaint.

I love crazy NBA fans so much.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Rabid Snake posted:

I love crazy NBA fans so much.

I have an idea for a movie like Trekkies, but the subject matter would be male WNBA groupies.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

R.D. Mangles posted:

temecula is not a physical place, it is a state of mind like the drugged out xanadu of kublai khan as imagined by the laudanum-soaked imagination of samuel taylor coleridge or the laudanum-soaked imagination of olivia newton-john, you can have a temecula anywhere: a parking lot, a basketball court, a ring for ultimate-fighting, one of those basements that van damme is always fighting in where there's all the people shaking money, the advocare center, me, i like to go to my personal temecula and imagine all of the spin kicks and nunchuk moves i would do at anyone, ANYONE, who would dare impugn the basketball ability of The Captain Kirk Hinrich or suggest that he doesn't need to mummify himself in dozens of layers of Performance Sleeves, or suggest that it was good that rajon rondo threw him into that table, no sir, there is a point like that where we all go to our mental temeculae to do incredible violence to people with improper basketball opinions.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Kelly Olynyk going off and winning a playoff game is the least likely thing to happen so far this playoffs

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

chunkles posted:

Kelly Olynyk going off and winning a playoff game is the least likely thing to happen so far this playoffs

you're forgetting rondo dismantling the celtics two games in a row

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

what a bummer, oh well

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

i got a story to tell...

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Mr. Mambold posted:

Maybe if Starbucks changed their logo to a clown welcoming carpetbaggers considering the owner of Starbucks sold the Sonics to Clay Bennett

Lmfao

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
If we get the "make a million shots" celtics, it'll be a fun series.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

R.D. Mangles posted:

temecula is not a physical place, it is a state of mind like the drugged out xanadu of kublai khan as imagined by the laudanum-soaked imagination of samuel taylor coleridge or the laudanum-soaked imagination of olivia newton-john, you can have a temecula anywhere: a parking lot, a basketball court, a ring for ultimate-fighting, one of those basements that van damme is always fighting in where there's all the people shaking money, the advocare center, me, i like to go to my personal temecula and imagine all of the spin kicks and nunchuk moves i would do at anyone, ANYONE, who would dare impugn the basketball ability of The Captain Kirk Hinrich or suggest that he doesn't need to mummify himself in dozens of layers of Performance Sleeves, or suggest that it was good that rajon rondo threw him into that table, no sir, there is a point like that where we all go to our mental temeculae to do incredible violence to people with improper basketball opinions.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
That is an A+ Post, certified fresh

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
wizards are a cool and likable team

but the celtics seem more likely to make the cavs series somewhat interesting.

sad to see the wizards fall, but good game celtics.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Brolander posted:

If we get the "make a million shots" celtics, it'll be a fun series.

As someone who's watched a certain amount of Ball I think LeBron will eat the green team

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
For some reason I find it 100% believable that Harden would be a criminal mastermind.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/thekidmero/status/864310393346420737

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

EvanTH posted:

As someone who's watched a certain amount of Ball I think LeBron will eat the green team

Olynyk gonna pull off the arm of everyone on the cavs

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

slave to my cravings posted:

Olynyk gonna pull off the arm of everyone on the cavs

Beowulf Son of Olynyk

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Jota posted:

Wow between the relentless burns from you and Charles I don't know how he's gonna recover from this.

I burned somebody?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/864308258189840384

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

https://twitter.com/trillballins/status/864311889995722754

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Saucin', saucin', I'm saucin' on you

God drat it it's so catchy

AggressivelyStupid fucked around with this message at 04:23 on May 16, 2017

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/THEKIDMERO/status/864313611950469121

Man IT will actually die if he get dunked on like this

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

lol

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

Yeah it's going to be ugly but I"m happy no matter what at this point. Really didn't expect to get to the conference finals

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
kelly fuckin' olynyk

the softest pissbitches in the east vs. the hardest motherfuckas in the west

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

actually i heard from my friend Sully that Kelly is really uncoordinated and clumsy so lets all cool it with the hype

• Locked thread