Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
remember when the president of the united states begged on national television for people to call sean hannity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

tofu is also really loving good

I've only cooked w/ tofu once and the dish turned out really great, I really need to stop being lazy and find an actual asian grocery store where I moved.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
green beans in olive oil with almond slivers

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

C-Euro posted:

This is the smartest thing you've posted in quite a while. Both of these are pro-tier veg.

Been trying to cook with more shallots which are kind of like both but not entirely?

i eat pretty well; and I cook pretty well. I don't cook fancy but I can put out a v good spread :3:

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

tofu is only good when fried and has that kinda crispy kinda chewy texture. I wish I could cook it well. I've only had it really cooked awesome a few times

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
sup zendeath rowboat, baloogan, etc.

im on the way to arrest president trump. got a call at midnight, jumped outta bed already had these fluffy pink cuffs on halfway. bitch is going down

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm starting to think that stuff matters

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Baloogan posted:

tofu is also really loving good

the best kinds of stinky tofu are where they fry it so hard that it actually crumbles in your mouth. like it's not crispy, it's actually chalky

and delicious

and smells like garbage

but it's good

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Squizzle posted:

leafy greens are easy to grow

carrots too, same w tomatoes

Yeah we grew lettuce at a community garden last summer. poo poo blew up, we literally couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Grows bitter if you don't harvest quickly.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

cauliflower is great but only if you treat it right and really just not good at all raw ever

parsnips taste like loving toothpaste

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Mayor Dave posted:

:hai:

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

NecroMonster posted:

cauliflower is great but only if you treat it right and really just not good at all raw ever

parsnips taste like loving toothpaste
none of this is very accurate. u might be having a stroke of the brain

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Orkin Mang posted:

sup zendeath rowboat, baloogan, etc.

im on the way to arrest president trump. got a call at midnight, jumped outta bed already had these fluffy pink cuffs on halfway. bitch is going down

yo!

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Guy Goodbody posted:

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Venom Snake posted:

remember when the president of the united states begged on national television for people to call sean hannity

remember how nothing matters

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

bakes asparagus with butter, salt and capers

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mayor Dave posted:

Growing up my parents only used gross canned green beans so I've got a pavlovian response to them now :(

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Guy Goodbody posted:

Stuff will matter when Congress decides it's time to impeach the president.

So not today.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Junkyard Poodle posted:

this but with bacon grease

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

C-Euro posted:

This is the smartest thing you've posted in quite a while. Both of these are pro-tier veg.

Been trying to cook with more shallots which are kind of like both but not entirely?

The secret to cookery according to Cook's illustrated seems to be "shallots in everything, always"

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

looks like intellgience agencies or whatever are out to get him now, like really get him. i still cant believe he thought the firing comey thing would go down well. this guy

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

tofu is best fried with a crunchy outside and a slightly soft inside and drenched in a spicy sauce and green onions

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
ginger is criminally underutilized.
slice it thin and boil it with a little water then strain add lemon, honey and rum and you have some ginger tea :3:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

blanch your green beans, toss them with tomatoes cut real small (or real small tomatoes) fresh mozzarella and good olives olive oil and a good vinegar that you like, plus salt and pepper (duh)

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

I feel sorry for people who have garbage genes and can't enjoy cilantro

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

In a few years or decades we're going to be like "remember when the president of the united states and also all of earth begged people in a half-filled auditorium to clap"

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
thanks, establishment types itt, for lending new rebelliousness 2 the nothing matters creed :q:

personally,i had felt it was growing a bit stale

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

GobiasIndustries posted:

Growing up my parents only used gross canned green beans so I've got a pavlovian response to them now :(

same and also for canned peas and canned mushrooms

ive learned that garlic and olive oil and a saute pan are far better treatment though

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

has one (1) democratic senator called for possible impeachment yet

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Guy Goodbody posted:

this is probably sufficient to get republican members of congress in sufficiently close to districts to begin to openly begin talking about investigations and concern, which will be problematic for leadership because a lot of these people are leadership allies.

I'm unsure if any senator past Heller will voice serious concerns, but Corker appears to be concerned and he's generally a good barometer.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

GobiasIndustries posted:

:same:

i think i finally discovered how good fresh green beans are when i was, like, 27

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Junkyard Poodle posted:

yeah for mothers day i made fresh asparagus, lightly steamed, with some herb salt on top and a high stakes art heist

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Roast parsnips with chicken and maybe fennel root

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Junkyard Poodle posted:

yesss i like tossing in asparagus on top of whatever the gently caress im roasting for the last 15-20 mins, along with mushrooms

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

growing up my mother never made tofu anything and when i told them i was cooking a lot of tofu nowadays i was informed i should be careful about my "hormone levels" from eating so much

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

fennel sausage ftw

Robert Plant
Jan 6, 2015

a real chump posted:

parsnips and cauliflower are two i never understood why people like

Parsnips can get boiled along with potatoes for mashed potatoes and they give it something extra

Roast cauliflower. I use some recipe off the internet that has you roast a chopped up head of cauliflower with a sliced yellow onion, couple cloves of garlic, thyme sprigs, salt and pepper. Last like ten minutes you mix in a bunch of fresh Parmesan, hoo boy

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
https://www.pscp.tv/RealAlexJones/1jMKgonVOAwKL

he's at it again

e: someone just honked and yelled gently caress you at alex and roger

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

GobiasIndustries posted:

my grandma grew a million green beans in her garden, we'd eat them raw and then she'd gook them a bunch of different ways, in fact that's how i learned to like veggies as a kid, my grandma always made them taste good after we spent all morning pulling weeds and harvesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al! posted:

thanks, establishment types itt, for lending new rebelliousness 2 the nothing matters creed :q:

personally,i had felt it was growing a bit stale

theres like 2-3 of us dude

• Locked thread