Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Wait for fox and friends and the five and outnumbered and whatever dumbass poo poo shows they have to see how it gets spun. Those shows are the real deal for ol grandpa and crazy uncle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

While I find this entertaining, Trump is a loving ninja when it comes to avoiding responsibility, and dodging bullets. He is like a loving eel swimming through the reeds, and I can't get excited until something actually happens beyond the GOP/Government in general do something besides, "Well, shucks."

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Too many secrets, Marty.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Blind Rasputin posted:

Too many secrets, Marty.

Cooty rat semen

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
NYDN owns.

https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/864283657929936896

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It looks like they photoshopped Simon Pegg's face over Pooty's head.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

psydude posted:

It looks like they photoshopped Simon Pegg's face over Pooty's head.

More like Martin Freeman

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
good job donnie, you did it

https://twitter.com/RichardEngel/status/864296164715356160

Bonus comedy: https://twitter.com/voterdye/status/864294316373618688

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDYBL70eReo

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

psydude posted:

Hey where are Godholio and IYAAYAS to act all indignant about this.

:confused:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

This is a work of art.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

I don't think I've actually seen IYAAYAS for a while.

I hope he's alright :ohdear:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Actually, yeah. He's disappeared.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I don't think godholio ever defended trump he just didn't like Hillary

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Reverand maynard posted:

IDK I just thought for someone so interested in HER EMAILS he would have been thrice as furious about this.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

washington post put out that their russia oval office story broke their previous internet traffic record, set by the access hollywood story

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

You know what's funny is that not one person here doubted for a second it was true because he really is that loving dumb.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Reverand maynard posted:

This was always my motivation. I didn't like that she got a pass just for being a Democrat. I don't know how to explain why Trump gets away with everything, it's utterly baffling.

psydude posted:

IDK I just thought for someone so interested in HER EMAILS he would have been thrice as furious about this.

I'm just too exhausted after the never-ending stream of whateverthefuck, and I know everyone here would love to hold his feet to the fire about it already.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

I don't know how to explain why Trump gets away with everything, it's utterly baffling.

I'm curious because I think you're the voter that Democrats need to reach most: someone who didn't vote for Hillary but who loathes and is confused by Trump. Like, what do people who wanted to Trump That Bitch because of her e-mails think about this? In an objective, retrospective sense (I absolutely do not mean to be condescending), was it worth it?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

bulletsponge13 posted:

He is like a loving eel swimming through the reeds,

A distinctly swampy image, there.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Yeah he did kind of vanish

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I was pissed about the emails but still voted for Hillary because I thought she'd ultimately be a good president regardless. And however bad her infosec, his was and is a million times worse.

But for some reason people can't admit that their candidate has a flaw but would still be worthy of office.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

psydude posted:

I'm curious because I think you're the voter that Democrats need to reach most: someone who didn't vote for Hillary but who loathes and is confused by Trump. Like, what do people who wanted to Trump That Bitch because of her e-mails think about this? In an objective, retrospective sense (I absolutely do not mean to be condescending), was it worth it?

Many of them didn't vote for trump either. No idea what Godholio did. But many went 3rd party/write in or chose not to vote for president.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
i wish 50FA/Humpermonkey was still around. I want a hot take

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Two Finger posted:

You know what's funny is that not one person here doubted for a second it was true because he really is that loving dumb.

It was 100% inevitable.

It's just absolutely loving amazing he did it in physical proximity to the foreign minister and ambassador.

A good point on twitter though: if the Washington Post didn't get this thing out, holy gently caress the Russians would've had some serious kompromat on Donnie. Really bad.

(lol they still do)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I wrote in for Bill the Cat forgetting he once had the brain of Donald Trump only because my state was "safe"(WA).

So in a way I voted for the jerk.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

psydude posted:

IYAAYAS is probably cleaning up his social media presence for either a job in politics or a sensitive hire. But, torch from falling hands: I still think Hillary was unconscionably lazy about infosec, and that the investigation would have been much more aggressive if it had been a lower level functionary. If she didn't know better, she should have. The best thing I could say about her was that she aligned with my views on a few more issues than Trump does (did? Who knows what he actually believes besides his own aggrandizement.)

Trump is still worse. He should never have been president. What he did wasn't treason, but between that, and his firing of the FBI director (which was blatant obstruction of justice whether he cares to admit it or not,) and what appear to be serial violations of federal record keeping laws, he ought to be impeached and removed from office.

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 05:32 on May 16, 2017

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Now I'm just imagining getting hosed by the Hatch Act for posts on something loving awful :laffo:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

realtalk if hillary won with republican house/senate it'd be 4 years of screaming at each other

at least trump is new and interesting

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

realtalk if hillary won with republican house/senate it'd be 4 years of screaming at each other

at least trump is new and interesting

Dog, developing spontaneous bilateral tension pneumothorax would be new and interesting, but I would rather not.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Also if Hillary won Trump would be nonstop tweeting about how he'd never do what Hillary was doing and people would believe him. Trump actually got traction as anti war and anti corruption and as long as he never got office he could continue to be all things to his fans.

I still wish Hillary had won but if she had her reign would be brutal and probably short.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Best Friends posted:

I still wish Hillary had won but if she had her reign would be brutal and probably short.

So?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
If the country can somehow survive the next four years, it may end up being a net positive for Democrats. There was no way the Democrats were going to be able to take back the House or Senate in 2018 under a Clinton presidency, or even 2020-and 2020 is going to be an especially critical year for redistricting. With the right candidate in this timeline, the Democrats could easily generate enough momentum for a 2008-esque wave election in 2020, whereas Clinton's reelection in that year would have hardly been assured.

Or, Trump and the Republicans might just run the country into the ground hard enough that there's no way to recover. Either-or. :shepicide:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

^But they'll have to actually do something first. Sitting on their haunches and waiting for everything to roll in because of course it will is exactly what happened in 2016. And so far I don't see much evidence that they're going to change strategy. Most of the Trump supporters I know are still Trump supporters. Waiting for him to gently caress up just one more time isn't going to cut it.

psydude posted:

The ones I know are mostly the Ben Ghazi types. There are a couple that are starting to recognize reality, though.

All the Democrats had to do to get my vote was give me a reasonable option. At least 3/4 of the (D) senators would've worked. I despised both candidates and knew exactly what my state was going to do anyway, so I voted none of the above.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 16, 2017

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

I was pissed about the emails but still voted for Hillary because I thought she'd ultimately be a good president regardless. And however bad her infosec, his was and is a million times worse.

But for some reason people can't admit that their candidate has a flaw but would still be worthy of office.

Hilary did a literal CEO of a non-tech company thing (it would have been ~in the cloud~ in 2017) and may have compromised classified information.

Trump told FSB the whats and the wheres of an allied country's intelligence that they have agreed to share with us.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I literally explicitly said that I thought Trump was and is, literally, a million times worse

I'm a big Hillary partisan. You ain't gotta sway me.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Godholio posted:

I despised both candidates and knew exactly what my state was going to do anyway, so I voted none of the above.

This, I feel, was one of the biggest hurdles that Clinton faced that she was never able to overcome. Everyone knew she was going to win, so why even bother voting for her if she wasn't the one you *really* wanted?

Except then it turned out in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin that it did actually matter, but by the time people realized that the election was already over.

Edit: I am still bitter about all the Michigan Stein voters

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

The Iron Rose posted:

I literally explicitly said that I thought Trump was and is, literally, a million times worse

I'm a big Hillary partisan. You ain't gotta sway me.

sorry i got half way through and figured id finish my thought

no offense meant

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

goatsestretchgoals posted:

sorry i got half way through and figured id finish my thought

no offense meant

None taken! I just found it funny because I always wanted to be Hillary Clinton when I was a kid and that's changed less than I'd like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Godholio posted:

^But they'll have to actually do something first. Sitting on their haunches and waiting for everything to roll in because of course it will is exactly what happened in 2016. And so far I don't see much evidence that they're going to change strategy.

Yeah, those dipshits were singing "na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, goodbye" at Republicans after the AHCA passed. They're convinced that Republicans will gently caress up, and voters will just come crawling back without them having to change a thing.

• Locked thread