Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Vynar posted:

I think I remember AVGN saying at one point that he thought female Ghost Busters was a good idea because they had to have a different take than the original since any remake would be a failure in comparison with the first one being so good.

And I could be wrong about this but I believe that I remember hearing stuff about Sony silencing a lot of criticism in the comments sections while drawing attention to the actual misogynistic trolls to create interest based on the controversy.

loving hell I just knew that any comedy Sony attempts will most likely be a lazy cash grab filled with advertisements regardless of the genders of anyone in the film.

This is what Sony does. Remember The Interview and it's fake controversy, and how they pulled it from theaters only to release it to streaming services 3 days later because ohh man it's too controversial!! Not at all because it was poo poo or anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Play my new app game Hillary's Quest! It's your turn!

lol'd

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dmitri-9 posted:

There are no new sanctions on Iran, the Trump administration is adhering to the nuclear deal.

That and lol about the air strikes on Syria. That was a real high-value mess tent that got knocked over because he wanted a little fireworks show for his buddies at mar-a-lago. He sure told assaad to cut it out.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Nerds are self-centered and dumb.

EA sucks but if you want to talk evil, there's Nestle, private prisons, banks and PMCs. Those are some actual, legitimately evil corporations.

It's usually the dumbest, most unimportant poo poo that people die on hills for.

Like that stupid thing with video games that happened a few years ago. You can't even mention the event by name without getting people in a tizzy. Oh, and both sides of that fight are stupid as hell. If you were on either side in that flamewar, you should be ashamed of yourself. You all know what I'm talking about and if you had a dog in that fight you should be embarrassed.

What? Do their games even have gay people in them? Are they counting 12 year olds who call you a human being on xbox live when you're playing Call of Duty?

pretty much. it just petty poo poo shows where a bunch of didactic idpol jerk offs screaming at each other over stupid poo poo.

idk bioware is owned by EA and they have tons of gay people in them. but they are bioware so gay characters are either really good or really awful.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Dapper_Swindler posted:

idk bioware is owned by EA and they have tons of gay people in them. but they are bioware so gay characters are either really good or really awful.

Remember in Star Wars: The Old Republic the game launched with only straight romances. But then they decided to add gay romances in an expansion, but to do so they pull all of the new gay characters on the new planet, Makeb. So you got a game with a galaxy full of straight folk except for Makeb, the very gay planet.

lol

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

Remember in Star Wars: The Old Republic the game launched with only straight romances. But then they decided to add gay romances in an expansion, but to do so they pull all of the new gay characters on the new planet, Makeb. So you got a game with a galaxy full of straight folk except for Makeb, the very gay planet.

lol

sounds like california

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Chomp8645 posted:

lol

There's something really funny about the idea that in the Star Wars universe, interspecies acceptance happened thousands of years ago and yet gay people are still segregated onto their own little planet

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/status/864211960732295168

:cripes:

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
she needs to take walks in the woods, where else will she find the unicorn blood to sate her demon hunger

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
hopefully a mountain lion attacks her

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
have you ever seen hillary clinton and He Who Can't Be Named, aka OG Voldemort, in the same room? hmmmmm

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if into the wild had been about hillary clinton, it would have been a happy ending.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
Alive 2 will hopefully be based on Hillary Clinton being eaten in the Andes mountains by bankers after their private jet crashes

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Chomp8645 posted:

lol

Lmfao no way

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
*Hillary sighs as she unsheathes her katana*

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Makeb

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

fruit on the bottom posted:

There's something really funny about the idea that in the Star Wars universe, interspecies acceptance happened thousands of years ago and yet gay people are still segregated onto their own little planet

Not to mention that in the EU, all black people came from one planet.

Hack authors who write Star Wars novels don't understand species diversity? What a shock!

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

phasmid posted:

Not to mention that in the EU, all black people came from one planet.

Hack authors who write Star Wars novels don't understand species diversity? What a shock!

A good Star Wars book to read about black people is the old Lando Calrissian Adventures trilogy, by noted recipient of the Libertarian Futurist Award, Arizona Libertarian Party 2000 Presidential Candidate and insane person L Neil Smith. I mean that sincerely tbh, they are fun yarns about everyday hustlin' in space while trying to avoid the notice of The Man. Also Big Bird is a villainous drug cop in the second one

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Hey now, if this isn't just a fund-raising scam then this is the kind of thing they should be doing.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Accretionist posted:

Hey now, if this isn't just a fund-raising scam then this is the kind of thing they should be doing.

has hillary really proven herself capable of doing anything that wasn't a fundraising scam or military interventionism in the middle east?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

has hillary really proven herself capable of doing anything that wasn't a fundraising scam or military interventionism in the middle east?

Good point, I don't know why I was giving her the benefit of the doubt

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Accretionist posted:

she's priming for the big 2020 rematch

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
She needs to figure out how to grab the youth vote now before it's too late. I've been reading that post-millenials are right wing and pro-Trump

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Accretionist posted:

https://twitter.com/teddyschleifer/status/864219035684278272

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

skasion posted:

A good Star Wars book to read about black people is the old Lando Calrissian Adventures trilogy, by noted recipient of the Libertarian Futurist Award, Arizona Libertarian Party 2000 Presidential Candidate and insane person L Neil Smith. I mean that sincerely tbh, they are fun yarns about everyday hustlin' in space while trying to avoid the notice of The Man. Also Big Bird is a villainous drug cop in the second one
I was skeptical until the last sentence but now I believe you.
Jesus Christ. How does the whole "don't repeat your mistakes" just elude these guys so completely?

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

anyone who is involved with onward together in any capacity is going to be part of an ongoing scandal in 2020

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

phasmid posted:

Jesus Christ. How does the whole "don't repeat your mistakes" just elude these guys so completely?

The end goal isn't to get elected it's to make money and build a dynasty. They don't actually have to be in office to run the party.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

pretty much. it just petty poo poo shows where a bunch of didactic idpol jerk offs screaming at each other over stupid poo poo.

idk bioware is owned by EA and they have tons of gay people in them. but they are bioware so gay characters are really awful.

ftfy

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Stexils posted:

anyone who is involved with onward together in any capacity is going to be part of an ongoing scandal in 2020

owned together, as it were

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

phasmid posted:

Naw trust me. I was introduced to Smith on these very forums courtesy of someone posting a batshit nuts comic book he wrote where evil time traveling federalists called the Hamiltonians are hopping the multiverse trying to sabotage a perfect libertopian America under the articles of confederation, but in these books it actually works out really well, because the libertarian mindset is totally believable and appropriate to Lando, a compulsively greedy and self-aggrandizing petty crook.

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Onward
----------->
Together

Another arrow to the right.

A bunch of arrows to the right on the official website.

It's not even that subtle with her.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

CassandraZara posted:

Onward
----------->
Together

Another arrow to the right.

She's gotta be doing that on purpose at this point

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

skasion posted:

She's gotta be doing that on purpose at this point

In her heart, she is the last Goldwater Girl

Clever Moniker
Oct 29, 2007

Maya Fey posted:

i may not be the mother of the special forces, but i would love to be The Boss

:911:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Yassssssssss!

"2020, and beyond!"

lol

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dapper_Swindler posted:

don't forget they were super afraid that you'd miss how progressive they were so there's a girl in andromeda who you introduce yourself to for the first time and she's instantly outs herself as transgender and it's loving stupid because that's the literal opposite of how it works

it's like it was supposed to be a "dang! how progressive!" moment but it just comes off as super pandering without actually understanding anything about transgender people at all, lol

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012

for fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck saaaaake everyone hates you you got donald trump elected just STOP

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Mackers posted:

for fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck saaaaake everyone hates you you got donald trump elected just STOP

She wants to get him elected twice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

You know, at their age, for donald, hillary, and bernie, 4 years can be a long time health-wise. Of course they all have access to top-level healthcare as federal lawmakers, but people fall apart. Honestly I hope trump and hillary fall apart between now and then. Not that being 99% gone stopped Ronald Reagan from winning 1984 but I can hope.

• Locked thread