Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

SKULL.GIF posted:

young arnold looked loving amazing, and even more so with every passing year that competitive bodybuilding disappears further and further up its dehydrated striated rear end in a top hat

Yeah the whole 80's arms race between the US and Russia to develop new and insaner steroids has resulted in a really hosed in the head community.

Like they used to juice back then, but compared to the regimens being run today it was like, nothing at all. Symmetry has given way to sheer size but I think it's coming back around

Chokes McGee posted:

one of these days I need to get a pair of variable dumbbells and, I dunno, lift them a few times

or something

I'm getting a Powerblock for my office with this next paycheck, I'll report back on if they're worth it or not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
KLK had some slow parts and some weird parts but it's hard to dislike a show that gets me feeling sorry for a talking, sentient piece of clothing

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Epic High Five posted:

I'm getting a Powerblock for my office with this next paycheck, I'll report back on if they're worth it or not

ty keep us posted

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 217 days!

Venom Snake posted:

I'm under 180 and 6''4 so lol

Part of why it's hard is likely that at your height, you can pound down a lot of calories and burn them all in your sleep.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
my image of epic high five IRL is basically Torbjorn or Reinhardt squashed a little. Like those crazy warhammer fantasy dwarves

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

llllllllll posted:

The Trump thread is a misogynistic boy's club.

Women can also lift weights and get good looking.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

what is your desert island anime?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hodgepodge posted:

Part of why it's hard is likely that at your height, you can pound down a lot of calories and burn them all in your sleep.

yeah like I can eat literally anything and not gain any weight.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I met Jay Cutler (BB one) once and I could barely hold my laughter in

BB pros off contest are mad lmao

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

my image of epic high five IRL is basically Torbjorn or Reinhardt squashed a little. Like those crazy warhammer fantasy dwarves

I'm five nine with a beard so let's go with Torbjorn haha

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Venom Snake posted:

Satsuki is best girl

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Epic High Five posted:

People used to tut-tut Arnie back in the day, saying "gross, I don't want to be a big as you are" and his response was always, "don't worry, you never will be"

Being yuuuge like they're saying is an insane amount of work and takes years, don't fret about that. Peeps promising what you described are running a fuckin scam of some kind

reminds me of one of the funniest things I've ever read

https://twitter.com/clickhole/status/550380960684859392

And don’t get me started on my SEX life! Ever since I became TOO MUSCULAR TO BREATHE COMFORTABLY, ravenous SWARMS OF WOMEN have been clawing at my SEETHING BULK because the CHISELED DEFINITION of my TWITCHING, ANGRY ABS drives them MAD WITH DESIRE. These WOMEN have turned my life into a LUSTY HELLSCAPE. I live in constant fear of THE WOMEN WHO HUNT ME, and it all happened in just TWO WEEKS!

llllllllll
Jan 2, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Zeroisanumber posted:

why aren't any of them in this thread joining this conversation? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Orkin Mang posted:

nice piece of sharp cheddar not this sliced cheese bs in that video that guy posted.

you talking bout the smashburg video?

because american cheese is very deliberately chosen for the smashburg. smashburg don't take no cheddar. smashburg is a burg of the people. no other cheese will do.

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zeroisanumber posted:

all these women ive known are like, oh i dont life weights i dont want to get too muscular when theres not even the slightest possibility of that happening to them lmbo,for a woman to get jacked like theyre afraid of takes a deliberate plan to do so and these chubby witless females arent in danger of doing that. stupid fatsos, simplefaced fat bitches

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Venom Snake posted:

yeah like I can eat literally anything and not gain any weight.

have you considered eating twice as much anything and also lifting something heavy??

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
guys under 6' who lift heavy are so adorable

llllllllll
Jan 2, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Zeroisanumber posted:

Also please don't objectify women, thanks.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Agronox posted:

KLK had some slow parts and some weird parts but it's hard to dislike a show that gets me feeling sorry for a talking, sentient piece of clothing

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Chokes McGee posted:

I just don't want to end up like all the bro programmer idiots I see that look like someone squeezed their middle like a tube of toothpaste :smith:

But I meant it about the yoga stuff, everybody's all "YOU'RE JUST STRETCHING" and it's like, motherfucker, you try a vinyasa flow class and then get back to me

i got talked into doing a 2-hour hot yoga class once and i thought i was going to die

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah the whole 80's arms race between the US and Russia to develop new and insaner steroids has resulted in a really hosed in the head community.

Like they used to juice back then, but compared to the regimens being run today it was like, nothing at all. Symmetry has given way to sheer size but I think it's coming back around

Powerblock owns! It's not as quick, obviously, as the Bowflex ones, but i never worry about it falling apart mid lift. the best part about them, to me, is that i started with the 50 lb ones and then just bought the 70 lb extension for it, so they can actually be used (eventually), for more strenuous back exercises/lunges. I haven't had any trouble with doing bench press with them, which i was worried about due to them being rectangular, but there's enough room in the hand cage thing that it's easy to do. The one limit is that you can't/shouldn't drop them if you're doing bench because your hands might get caught up in them.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I met Jay Cutler (BB one) once and I could barely hold my laughter in

BB pros off contest are mad lmao

during and post-bulk haha

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Junkyard Poodle posted:

LOGH ofc, im reading the translations of the novels now

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Junkyard Poodle posted:

haruhi endless 8 ftw

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

lol Trump is an idiot billionaire who probably ran for president just for the publicity, but both Hillary and Russia wanted him to be the Republican candidate so he won

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I have a 35lb kettlebell at my desk at work and I occasionally do some curls with it but not enough for it to matter like at all.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Junkyard Poodle posted:

The complete series of Bleach with 7 actually good animes overwritten on the discs

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Junkyard Poodle posted:

why don't you find someone who gives a gently caress

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
old and busted: nothing matters

new and cool: talking about anime and getting ripped at 1 am

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Aliquid posted:

lol lifting weights is only for men apparently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilHRhAYS5d4

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i have no idea what this is but i am intrigued by this batshit philosophy

it reminds me of something from gundam

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

it's time

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/dogsdoingthings/status/864328386721837056

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Junkyard Poodle posted:

you'd probably want something that would last a while, like the 800 billion episodes of gintama or LoGH

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Admiral Ray posted:

Powerblock owns! It's not as quick, obviously, as the Bowflex ones, but i never worry about it falling apart mid lift. the best part about them, to me, is that i started with the 50 lb ones and then just bought the 70 lb extension for it, so they can actually be used (eventually), for more strenuous back exercises/lunges. I haven't had any trouble with doing bench press with them, which i was worried about due to them being rectangular, but there's enough room in the hand cage thing that it's easy to do. The one limit is that you can't/shouldn't drop them if you're doing bench because your hands might get caught up in them.

Yeah I fully anticipate that I will love them but they're quite the investment

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

guys under 6' who lift heavy are so adorable

I don't get guys who worry about their height. How do you go through life knowing so few women that you don't end up concluding that you can be short and tubby as long as you're funny and kind or rich or whatever and they'll be like, super attracted to you. Like I know women who prefer guys their height and fat because they're warm and don't make them feel self-conscious.

Height is like the one thing you can't change. If you ever wanna feel better about not being 6'6" just have a look at the prices they pay in a Big and Tall store

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

apropos of nothing in particular, we are binging though master of none season 2 and for the most part really digging it

a lot of good stuff

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

Addamere posted:

i have no idea what this is but i am intrigued by this batshit philosophy

it reminds me of something from gundam

the series is based on the pun/wordplay fashion and fascist. Which works both in english and japanese thankfully lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
7500 pages of trump

• Locked thread