Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
RIP Luke Cage

Edit: Aw, I didn't see the use of "old".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Listing off favorite moments from Marvel movies and nobody mentioned the bit in Thor where he pins Loki to the Bifrost by casually dropping Mjolnir on his chest? For shame.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Inkspot posted:

Listing off favorite moments from Marvel movies and nobody mentioned the bit in Thor where he pins Loki to the Bifrost by casually dropping Mjolnir on his chest? For shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VQPS7qOJ_A

I'm glad this clip includes the obligatory dutch angle.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SleepCousinDeath posted:

RIP Luke Cage

Edit: Aw, I didn't see the use of "old".

Frankie Faison was Cage's sacrifice. Jessica Jones had Lester from The Wire.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Frankie Faison was Cage's sacrifice. Jessica Jones had Lester from The Wire.

Great, now you made me remember SUPERMAX

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gaz-L posted:

The Russos and their writers are loving geniuses because they clearly saw something in Evans' and Johannson's chemistry and those two just kill it as these two platonic buds who are so similar yet so different and just have a blast with each other.

I actually really like Tasha's bit in Civil War where she turns on Panther to help Steve get away because it feels very true to that relationship. More than the Banner romance, I believe that Steve is her bestie.

The whole act with them on the run is just so enjoyable to watch. Well, except for the terrible Apple Employee. I always wondered about that character; is he someones cousin or a standup that they were trying to push?

I also like Cap and Wanda's talk after she hosed up big time, but is also really feeling what she did. That scene is great becuase it also works in showing that there is a relationship between Vision and Wanda without any dialog that explicitly says such.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Gaunab posted:

Maybe because YOU'RE OOOOOOLD!

If you guys could have one of the MCU movie characters drop by one of the TV shows, which character would you like to see in which show?

Yeah, my answer will forever be Evans showing up in a season of Daredevil based on Born Again. Second place would be Spider-Man in literally any of them.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
They kind of set up the next daredevil season for bonuses again, so I'm prepared to be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Spider-Man needs to be in any of the Netflix shows.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Chris Evans as Cap meeting Coulson and Daisy Johnson at the end of AoS :colbert:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

hiddenriverninja posted:

Chris Evans as Cap meeting Coulson and Daisy Johnson at the end of AoS :colbert:

Then he leans in to Coulson and whispers "Hail Hydra"

I'm not sorry

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Should shell out the money to get Johanson to show up and have some sort of game recognizes game between Widow and May.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They're honestly lucky that Jackson and Smulders showed up, though, because that must've been a pain in the rear end to put together, and in the former case, cost a pretty penny.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jackson probably works at a low rate for stuff like that as a favor or to buy favor.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Oh man I forgot about the elevator fight in Winter Soldier! Love that poo poo.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

I think Evans is a good Cap but he doesn't give off the dad vibe that comic book Cap has. Despite his age, he's got a youthful face and attitude that gives the impression of a young up and coming superhero instead of an established veteran. It doesn't help that they seem very afraid of making movie Cap grizzled, inspiring and cheesy, and rather keep leaning on the Ultimate style tactical spy stuff. I'm still waiting for a movie where Cap turns an angry crowd around using only words.
Cap's orders.

Tiriganiaq
Feb 21, 2012
Recently caught Guardians and opening with the mom tears me up every time.

I need your help guys; list every movie where the climax is a big laser shooting into the sky.
Avengers, man of steel, suicide squad, transformers 3. Did the f4 reboot do that?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Lurdiak posted:

They shouldn't have killed off Urich period. The actor was amazing and they were able to convey how scary Kingpin is in the comics without doing much aside from intimidate Urich and break his fingers.

The entire Netflix verse has this problem where they can't raise the stakes without piling up bodies because their baseline is already so grim and gritty. It's a bit limiting, you can have a dark tone and scary villains without killing off people left and right.
I really enjoyed that version of Urich. The weakest part of DD Season 2 was them trying to have Karen Page doing the Urich investigative work.

I will say that death was completely unexpected, so at least it wasn't a waste.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Tiriganiaq posted:

I need your help guys; list every movie where the climax is a big laser shooting into the sky.
Avengers, man of steel, suicide squad, transformers 3. Did the f4 reboot do that?
The first Amazing Spider-Man also

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tiriganiaq posted:

There's probably a needlessly long list on TV tropes about it.

EDIT: Pillar of Light

Tiriganiaq
Feb 21, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

The first Amazing Spider-Man also

I remember this, he was just trying to spread the lizardman serum, there was no need for a laser at all.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

There's probably a needlessly long list on TV tropes about it.

EDIT: Pillar of Light

Thanks, I remember this being a part of the generic mcu model people complained about but I could'nt remember if any of them actually did it outside of avengers.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Gaunab posted:

If you guys could have one of the MCU movie characters drop by one of the TV shows, which character would you like to see in which show?

I'd flip it. Have Coulson show up briefly just to razz Loki

Though, I kind of wish that they'd have throw away line for each hero just basically saying "Tell Phil I said 'Hi'".

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I hope the MCU continues to completely ignore the idiotic resurrection of Coulson.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

pubic works project posted:

Oh man I forgot about the elevator fight in Winter Soldier! Love that poo poo.

I'm a pleb so I'll enjoy just about any Marvel movie you put in front of me but without a doubt Winter Soldier is probably the one I've rewatched the most just because it's such a solid movie from start to finish. One of the best decisions Marvel made was to turn Infinity War over to the Russo brothers.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Gaz-L posted:

I'm not sorry

you monster

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Gaz-L posted:

I'm not sorry

Coulson and Daisy starting and organizing the Resistance is one thing I really like about Secret Empire. Secret Warriors #1 was quite good, would never have thought they manage to bring Moon Girl and Karnak into one team without it looking silly.

Of course they wouldn't touch that silly storyline in a hundred years in the MCU, so we are save there at least.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Lurdiak posted:

I hope the MCU continues to completely ignore the idiotic resurrection of Coulson.

Could make for a decent scene where the avengers are pissed they didn't know, though? Hell, might have been a thing to throw into Civil War.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Light Gun Man posted:

Could make for a decent scene where the avengers are pissed they didn't know, though? Hell, might have been a thing to throw into Civil War.

It would only work if they were pissed at how stupid it is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Decius posted:

Coulson and Daisy starting and organizing the Resistance is one thing I really like about Secret Empire. Secret Warriors #1 was quite good, would never have thought they manage to bring Moon Girl and Karnak into one team without it looking silly.

Of course they wouldn't touch that silly storyline in a hundred years in the MCU, so we are save there at least.

Agents is doing it right now.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Lurdiak posted:

It would only work if they were pissed at how stupid it is.

Wasn't Coulson dying kind of what got them all to work together? If that happened and then later you found out "oh yeah they unkilled him, and never told you, by the way" wouldn't you be kinda pissed? Or at least unable to trust those responsible?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Light Gun Man posted:

Wasn't Coulson dying kind of what got them all to work together? If that happened and then later you found out "oh yeah they unkilled him, and never told you, by the way" wouldn't you be kinda pissed? Or at least unable to trust those responsible?

Like anybody trusts Nick Fury anyways

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well he did die. Him being unkilled later has never been relevant to anything they've been doing.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Maria Hill points out in like the very next scene that Fury was lying about Coulson being dead so I don't know why Lurdiak is so worked up about it.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Ojjeorago posted:

Maria Hill points out in like the very next scene that Fury was lying about Coulson being dead so I don't know why Lurdiak is so worked up about it.

Hill says that the cards Coulson collected were in his locker. Fury got them out of his locker, smeared them with blood, and lied about the details of his death to make a more dramatic point. They don't say that he is alive.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Hill says that the cards Coulson collected were in his locker. Fury got them out of his locker, smeared them with blood, and lied about the details of his death to make a more dramatic point. They don't say that he is alive.

Total missed opportunity on Agents of Shield not to have Coulson complain to Fury about wrecking the value of his mint vintage set.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

howe_sam posted:

Total missed opportunity on Agents of Shield not to have Coulson complain to Fury about wrecking the value of his mint vintage set.

Yes, also this.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Yeah, he absolutely died in Avengers, it was a very strange decision to revive him in Agents of SHIELD that undermines one of the strongest emotional punches in the MCU. It might've been worth it if the show was any good, or he was like a weird clone or something, but nope, it's just someone realized no one would watch a show about boring secret agents in a world of gods and monsters if they didn't bring back the one people know from the movies.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

So, inspired by the Yondu scene, I was messing around with Tubedubber and I made a... thing.

"Then the music stopped. When I looked, the cafe was empty," indeed.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Gavok posted:

So, inspired by the Yondu scene, I was messing around with Tubedubber and I made a... thing.

"Then the music stopped. When I looked, the cafe was empty," indeed.

I believe with a bit of editing you could have yourself a youtube hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Aphrodite posted:

Agents is doing it right now.

Really? I admit, I'm half a season behind because of time constraints (sadly the case for most series at the moment, just caught up with this season's Doctor Who this weekend for example), but they surely didn't make Steve Rogers a Nazi in the MCU too? That's the point I meant they wouldn't touch on the MCU, after the (deserved) poo poo they caught in the 616. Making the government a oppressive fascist state - well, that's just getting caught up with reality...

Decius fucked around with this message at 07:38 on May 16, 2017

• Locked thread