Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Serge Painsbourg posted:

I don't know if it's just me, but the new checkout voice sounds petulant. I always feel mildly irritated after going through because it sounds so impatient.

"Please take your items."
You haven't printed my receipt yet, stop telling me what to do, machine! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

ghost emoji posted:

I'm pretty sure this guy who takes the same bus route home as me has a foot fetish. Any time me (or another woman) walks past his seat on the bus he compliments our shoes and stares at them for a while.

It makes me pretty uncomfortable. But he's technically not doing anything wrong so I can't really do anything about it.

This is why you should always carry Mace in your purse. One dose and he won't creep you again.

Catberry has a new favorite as of 07:36 on May 13, 2017

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
Any time someone brings up weddings online, there's always a bragging contest in the comments section about who had the cheapest wedding. I guess people want to brag about it. It just seems weird to me, we had a small budget for our wedding but I still splurged on things that would make our guests comfortable (open bar, extra seating/shade for elderly guests, vegan options for dinner). Just because you spent $50 on your wedding doesn't mean your marriage is better than someone who spent $500.

Catberry posted:

This is why you should always carry Mace in your purse. One dose and he won't creep you again.

I do have pepper spray, but I really don't wanna use it on a crowded bus unless someone's in immediate danger.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Please do not mace me

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Macing someone because they may or may not be staring at your feet seems...bad?

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

veni veni veni posted:

It's him or me.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The charge is aggravated compliments and looks

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
More like oldmaceless

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

om nom nom posted:

More like oldmaceless

I will never get tired of this joke.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

When someone makes a reference to something and then someone else follows up with another reference to the same thing just to show that they got it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Tiggum posted:

When someone makes a reference to something and then someone else follows up with another reference to the same thing just to show that they got it.

Heh heh yeah that episode was great.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Tiggum posted:

Also when large threads make up their own abbreviations and jargon just to signal they are "in" on it all. Mostly I see it in trump threads ("hmbol", "arzying" etc).

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Intoluene posted:

This is the only thread I can reasonably bring it up in, but I AM THE gently caress OVER THIS JOKE

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Tiggum posted:

My Lovely Horse posted:

This is the only thread I can reasonably bring it up in, but I AM THE gently caress OVER THIS JOKE

More like oldoldpainlessless

Slowpoke Rodriguez
Jun 20, 2009
The joke was mod guidance, anyone complaining should be banned for back-seat modding. :colbert:

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Intoluene posted:

You have many years of entertainment to look forward to.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

My Lovely Horse posted:

More like My Cranky Horse

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Poor My Lovely Horse, thought of references and shitposted.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

*showers you with sugar lumps*

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
People posting "dear self" stories in the "Dear internet I have a feeling" thread in e/n, especially when it's really just humblebragging ("dear self, you got that cute girl's number and you called her and she liked you and we're going on a date in 20 minutes -- don't gently caress this up! :keke: " ugh).

People trying way too hard to be funny in the forum quote thread, while not actually posting quotes.

People who, instead of washing their hands after using the bathroom, run their hands under the water for half a second and don't even bother drying them before wetting up the doorknob with their germy slimy hand.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

YeahTubaMike posted:

People posting "dear self" stories in the "Dear internet I have a feeling" thread in e/n ("dear self, you got that cute girl's number and you called her and she liked you and we're going on a date in 20 minutes -- don't gently caress this up! " ugh).
Since I posted the most recent one of those -- "dear self" posts, that is, not humblebrag bullshit -- a couple of weeks ago... uh, sorry about that. I just needed to vent a bit at the time (and tell myself not to jump to negative conclusions, hence "dear self") and I thought that's what the thread was for. :saddowns:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Doc Morbid posted:

Since I posted the most recent one of those -- "dear self" posts, that is, not humblebrag bullshit -- a couple of weeks ago... uh, sorry about that. I just needed to vent a bit at the time (and tell myself not to jump to negative conclusions, hence "dear self") and I thought that's what the thread was for. :saddowns:

No need to apologize to me. It's entirely possible that the "dear self"-ers have completely taken over and repurposed the thread by now, but I dearly miss its "bitch about situations in your life without doing anything about them" origins.

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
My coworker is sitting next to me literally ignoring me and refusing to respond on Skype because I wanted to make a change to one of his designs last week.

I need him to pass me an asset he's worked on.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

JOHNSON COCKSLAP posted:

My coworker is sitting next to me literally ignoring me and refusing to respond on Skype because I wanted to make a change to one of his designs last week.

I need him to pass me an asset he's worked on.

Rat him out to your boss :shrug:

JOHNSON COCKSLAP
Apr 2, 2017

by Lowtax
Oh I have

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Just kidding slap him oh :lol: you already did it.

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Motherfuckers who indicate like they're gonna pull over and then they do but instead of stopping they continue forever and ever at, like, walking pace. With their indicator still going and their brake lights going like buggery. And so you're trapped behind them wondering if they're going to actually stop or continue trundling along at 2mph forever or suddenly veer out and rocket back up to 40mph the second you decide to overtake them.

Also when people walk across the road in front of you and they do that little hop-jog that looks like running but is actually slightly slower than walking pace. Either take your time or run properly, I am unconcerned. But this sham of locomotion demeans us both, pedestrian.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

veni veni veni posted:

Can't tell you how many times I get "CCW" as a suggestion for complaints about getting catcalled. For one, CCW is difficult to get where I live, for 2, I don't feel comfortable carrying a gun around--they make me nervous even when I'm at the range, and I don't think I'd want to have one around in a confrontation, and for 3, I don't think murder is an appropriate sentence for casual sexual harassment.

I'm casual acquaintances with some people who I really really do not want to spend any time alone with based on their unhinged overreaction to a simple catcall.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Maggie Fletcher posted:

Can't tell you how many times I get "CCW" as a suggestion for complaints about getting catcalled. For one, CCW is difficult to get where I live, for 2, I don't feel comfortable carrying a gun around--they make me nervous even when I'm at the range, and I don't think I'd want to have one around in a confrontation, and for 3, I don't think murder is an appropriate sentence for casual sexual harassment.

I'm casual acquaintances with some people who I really really do not want to spend any time alone with based on their unhinged overreaction to a simple catcall.

It's that kind of attitude that means it won't ever go away. If men feared for their lives every time they said something stupid and sexist then maybe it would finally stop. It worked for all sorts of other crime in the USA so I don't see why it wouldn't work for this too.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
People just loitering in the parking lot, especially in empty parking spaces.
Bonus points if there are clearly people circling the lot trying to find a spot, and the loiterers still won't move.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo

Bogan King posted:

It's that kind of attitude that means it won't ever go away. If men feared for their lives every time they said something stupid and sexist then maybe it would finally stop. It worked for all sorts of other crime in the USA so I don't see why it wouldn't work for this too.

Worked for Vlad the Impaler.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Maggie Fletcher posted:

In my experience women who are very loud about how angry cat calling makes them are basically using it as a humble brag. But yeah I've met some girls who seem like they can't wait to find the opportunity to jam their cat shaped brass knuckles into some slobs nuts, and it's like yeesh, you don't seem unhinged at all. It's like the lady version of that dude walking around with a katana on his back, waiting for that moment.

Not that catcalling isn't an incredibly obnoxious thing to do. I don't even get what those guys end game is.

Some dirtbag squatting next to a building cat called this girl the other day and I could tell she thought I did it and I was so pissed off at him.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
I'm assuming your a dude here but this is the perfect time to make like you thought they were catcalling you. Thank them for their attention but say that you generally go for someone better looking / with more money so will have to pass on getting to know them further.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
Maybe this is a better post for the unpopular opinions thread, but I think it would be totally okay if catcallers were murdered brutally.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

Switchblade Switcharoo
Something that just came up today:

When I order a pint of beer, I want a PINT, not a POT. I said "PINT" quite clearly. There's a 283 ml difference.

Then there are some bartenders who don't know what a pint is, and I have to describe it to them.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Bogan King posted:

Most women aren't willing to take a guaranteed life sentence or death penalty to solve what most of the time is an occasional annoyance.

Instead, we should place our trust in law enforcement to solve the problem. If they don't have the manpower or space to arrest and prosecute "minor" crimes like this, maybe they need more funding instead of the military.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Sic Semper Goon posted:

Something that just came up today:

When I order a pint of beer, I want a PINT, not a POT. I said "PINT" quite clearly. There's a 283 ml difference.

Then there are some bartenders who don't know what a pint is, and I have to describe it to them.

I'm sure we are from different places, but I've never heard of a pot of beer. Any beer in bars around me (Montana USA) is sold in a pint or half pint, and then some of the particularly potent or high alcohol beer will be a 6oz pour in a snifter.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Most women aren't willing to take a guaranteed life sentence or death penalty to solve what most of the time is an occasional annoyance.

Instead, we should place our trust in law enforcement to solve the problem. If they don't have the manpower or space to arrest and prosecute "minor" crimes like this, maybe they need more funding instead of the military.

Cut out the middle man and just the military to police everything.

om nom nom posted:

I'm sure we are from different places, but I've never heard of a pot of beer. Any beer in bars around me (Montana USA) is sold in a pint or half pint, and then some of the particularly potent or high alcohol beer will be a 6oz pour in a snifter.

It's an Aussie thing. The fact that they mention mls is a good indication they're not talking about the USA.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

When random dudes on the street yell that you're a loving stupid bitch and a oval office or start following you when you ignore their catcalls, it's more than a minor inconvenience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

om nom nom posted:

I'm a fan of the European 0.5L or 1L. Big beer, or bigger beer.

• Locked thread