Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

For all that the worst thread says that Alonso is BAE the actual person they want to go for a beer with is Lewis because then they could talk about loving watches for hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
they both get sponsored to wear that poo poo 247

ill try to find a top gear video explaining it

Dubs fucked around with this message at 09:05 on May 16, 2017

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
I imagine this guy when Tony posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rduDeYfutvw

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Its ok man. Lots of people agree with me. Many more im sure love how I just tell the Yanks their oval racing is a loving joke and we all laugh at them for it.

Few others have the balls to stand up that that poo poo. It might be their forum, but its not their sport and its great putting them in their place

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
oh see that video of the BMW driving school 1500? yeah thats why a FWD is a bitch car

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Also, I guess the Triple Crown becomes interesting once you realize you're not going to win another WDC because Ferrari don't want you back and Lewis doesn't want to race next to you.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Seems like I jerked myself off to sleep too early last night. Renault V10s are great and all, but that meltdown was pretty seismic.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
Requesting this thread be closed outside of UK hours

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
Forumla Dream Academy driver Nirei Fukuzumi won one of the GP3 races, so we ended up with this.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

HJB posted:

Requesting this thread be closed outside of UK hours

Second this. Why pretend anymore?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I agree that the thread needs more good British posting.

List of former F1 drivers that are better than noted fraud Fernando Alonso at Indycar:
  • Sebastian "Speccy" Bourdais
  • Takuma "Canada '07" Sato
  • Juan "Pablo" Montoya
  • Max "loving" Chilton

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

The best moustache in motorsport

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I actually meant that those are all current drivers that beat him in practice yesterday but if we're doing historic examples, (and moustaches) then fine:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You Am I posted:

The best moustache in motorsport

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I didn't think the family had released any photos yet.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

DoctorGonzo posted:

Id Stroll Tonys Sister.
You'd go really slow and fail to finish after an embarrassing accident?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

You'd go really slow and fail to finish after an embarrassing accident?

Depends if he means junior series Stroll. In which case plough into her at vmax potentially killing everybody within 100 yards.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Tony Montana posted:

Its ok man. Lots of people agree with me. Many more im sure love how I just tell the Yanks their oval racing is a loving joke and we all laugh at them for it.

indy 500 is the epitome of racing, sorry to tell you this

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Weird to criticize the race that the best racing driver in the world has gone out of his way to participate in.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

:lol: HAM was out of breath all race because he ditched the drinks bottle to save weight https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-gives-up-on-drinks-bottle-to-save-weight-906250/

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

That was short lived. I've heard cocaine wears off quickly though.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Let's do that whole analogies thing again, I missed out.

iospace is Charlie Whiting, this thread is Jules Bianchi, and Tony is the tractor that Charlie let onto the track every time he posts.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Going for the triple post.

I bet Tony drives one of those hilariously lovely USDM E36 M3's that are basically a 325 with an M sticker slapped on it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GramCracker posted:

Let's do that whole analogies thing again, I missed out.

iospace is Charlie Whiting, this thread is Jules Bianchi, and Tony is the tractor that Charlie let onto the track every time he posts.

womp womp.

Also, 500 practice begins today at noon eastern and goes till six eastern if you want to get your open wheel fix in. Should be a bit more action today as yesterday was largely testing setups (though that'll continue all week). Best time to watch is probably the last hour, aka "Happy Hour", because you'll see a lot of cars out on the track at once trying to at least simulate race conditions the best they can.

If you want to see the cars at their fastest, Friday is the day you want because they'll increase boost to close to max and try to get as low drag as possible in prep for qualifying (yes, they do it old school, no parc ferme).

iospace fucked around with this message at 13:55 on May 16, 2017

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

OhsH posted:

indy 500 is the epitome of racing, sorry to tell you this

jesus christ. this is how brexit happened

Do you know who Richard Hammond is?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

Going for the triple post.

I bet Tony drives one of those hilariously lovely USDM E36 M3's that are basically a 325 with an M sticker slapped on it.

He's Australian

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Guys I'd like to apologize for my posts last night. I had a bit too much to drink and it got a little sloppy. Again, sorry.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

Guys I'd like to apologize for my posts last night. I had a bit too much to drink and it got a little sloppy. Again, sorry.

There was a difference in your posting?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Basticle posted:

:lol: HAM was out of breath all race because he ditched the drinks bottle to save weight https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamilton-gives-up-on-drinks-bottle-to-save-weight-906250/

I'm surprised he's allowed to do this. It's going to be nightmarish in the proper summer for him, even with the cooling suits.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jules death was totally on the FIA.

Maria de Villotas crash was tragic.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

I'd like to read more Scirocco stories actually.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Tony Montana posted:

jesus christ. this is how brexit happened

Do you know who Richard Hammond is?

Is he the guy who drove through the south wih man love rules ok painted on his car?

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yeah he is this brit that loves everything American. they let him drive an nascar or something and he pooed all over the place

a lot like you. you should look him up

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

I'd like to read more Scirocco stories actually.

The final story is it ended up in impound because it got into a police pursuit four hours after I sold it. :rip:

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Tony Montana posted:

yeah he is this brit that loves everything American. they let him drive an nascar or something and he pooed all over the place

a lot like you. you should look him up

Sorry i never learned bowel control

poo poo i signed my posts

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm really embarrassed to be originally from Melbourne right now.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

The final story is it ended up in impound because it got into a police pursuit four hours after I sold it. :rip:

Lol that's a good way for a race car to go. RIP indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
haha ok 1500 thats the coolest thing youve said for a while

tell us that one

• Locked thread