Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The worst was before the anti-clipping patch, in my opinion. Getting shot because half of your torso is sticking outside the building was annoying as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Party Plane Jones posted:

What's the over/under on how many times the server cuts out and disconnects everyone or the game (hibana, what have you) bugs out during these finals?

Bets are open.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Bet CT All

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Carecat posted:

Good thing they have three months.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/603djd/midseason_bug_list_new_and_old/

I was going to post it here but it's four pages long at 1440p.

"Game freezing every 1-6 seconds for indeterminate amounts of time on pc. Possibly linked to hardware"

Fix thisssss already. It is the most aggravating thing.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Who here is playing on Xbone? I need more people to play with.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Did anyone else have their freebie renown boosters(for poo poo like downtime) disappear?

edit: all my operators disappeared too :haw:

edit2: restarting game fixed it but unequipped all attachments.

lohli fucked around with this message at 11:50 on May 15, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://gfycat.com/OrneryEvergreenFairybluebird

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Lagswitch engage!

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Is this Lagswitch thing a recent phenomenon? I've seen it mentioned here and in the PUBG thread. The last time I remember anything like it was people hitting the standby button on their cable modems in Halo 2 multiplayer.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Is this Lagswitch thing a recent phenomenon? I've seen it mentioned here and in the PUBG thread. The last time I remember anything like it was people hitting the standby button on their cable modems in Halo 2 multiplayer.
Was a thing in Arma 2 if I remember correctly, due to client side hit validation.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Was a thing in Arma 2 if I remember correctly, due to client side hit validation.

I makes me extra mad cause I'm a network dude by trade. Why would you ever want to increase latency? It's heresy! Blasphemy! Packet loss is a scourge to be eradicated from this world! Not encouraged!

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

AnElegantPeacock posted:

If a game's netcode will tolerate it people will do it.

I've been rubberbanded back through the kitchen on plane after running facefirst into a badguy who spends all his bullets shooting at me after I'm gone and then I'm free to run back in the kitchen and murder him while he reloads though which was pretty great.

Edit: Please increase the level required to play ranked to like, 50, or something.

I don't mind playing with newbies in casual but it's lovely to have to deal with people who will inadvertently throw my placement matches because they're still learning the game.

Someone's contribution over 9 rounds should not be 2 kills, 0 assists, and 7 deaths.

lohli fucked around with this message at 14:35 on May 15, 2017

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Stop stealing their kills and blaming them for it.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
If I were stealing their kills then the little shits would at least have had assists. :colbert:

Also after I posted that I got another guy who only just met the requirement to play ranked and he brought his level 18 buddy along for the ride. :discourse:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

lohli posted:

If I were stealing their kills then the little shits would at least have had assists. :colbert:

Also after I posted that I got another guy who only just met the requirement to play ranked and he brought his level 18 buddy along for the ride. :discourse:

MMR matched you with unranked lvls 18 and 20.

Thats a general idea of your skill range.

e: *rifle sound with my mouth.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

:iceburn:

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

I was under the impression a lag switch only really worked when the person with the lag switch was the host.

bobua
Mar 23, 2003
I'd trade it all for just a little more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_fdpJtG1bQ

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Hard posted:

Normally I'd put this sort of thing down to a lack of reading comprehension, but I think a better explanation is that you don't know how your game works, which I think explains a lot about the state it's in. :dukedog:

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

lohli posted:

Normally I'd put this sort of thing down to a lack of reading comprehension, but I think a better explanation is that you don't know how your game works, which I think explains a lot about the state it's in. :dukedog:

Theres still an hint of MMR in placement matches. It wasn't a hard reset.

Why are you even solo queuing your placement matches motherfucker come back to mumble so we can shoot men.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Haven't seen dudes on playing games, also I definitely made the mistake of playing daytime when I should have waited until after kids had been sent to bed.

I'm determined to ride it out though to see how bad an impact lovely new players have had on my ranking, but for reals 20 is way too soon to let players dive into ranked.

Edit: It's happening again...

This time it's a higher level squeaker :<

lohli fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 15, 2017

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Hard posted:

:iceburn:

lohli posted:

:eyepop:

drat, this page - so good! :D Speaking of which, I know I ask here now and again, but are there any Ausgoons here, who play on PC/Steam? If so, my profile is here - I play quite often, and can always do with more teammates!

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Am I the only one who feels like daily/weekly challenges actually drive me away from the game? They're supposed to make you play regularly to get the bonuses but they honestly feel like chores preventing me from playing the ops I want to play. Yes, I know I can just ignore them, but I play them for the rewards and it seriously dampens my enjoyment of the game. Not playing them makes me feel bad because I'm missing out.

Dvsilverwing
Jan 17, 2009

They make me do things a little differently, you know, taking a shotgun when you'd normally just go with the SMG/Acog. It's neat to be enticed to change your playstyle a bit, even if I do usually just go Smoke or Echo for the full auto backup anyway.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The dailies aren't so bad (except for the loving Terrorist Hunt ones), but the weeklies are an absolute slog.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I like em both, but it's a bit bullshit that "win 4 rounds with this basic CTU that has 4 members" and "win 8 rounds with the Super premium deluxe dlc CTU with only 2 members over which you and your team will have to constantly fight over " gives you exactly the same rewards.
At least the win 20 ones give you a charm.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I don't want to win 20. That usually means playing like 50, always with the same loving operators. They're dull and they make the game less fun. It takes so long to do all my challenges that by the time I'm done the week is over and I have to do the new set instead of playing what I want. At best I spend at least half the week not playing what I want to be playing.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
The 20 win ones don't even give renown and xp is meaningless. Unless you really want that charm, just ignore them.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
I've been trying to make sure I get all the charm ones, but two of the "Win 20 as X" in one week is a bit much.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Whoops, forgot to finish the charm quests as I had been playing Prey all weekend.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Neat

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I'll forever miss the best part of Siege:

http://i.imgur.com/P5RwRwG.gifv

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Am I the only one who feels like daily/weekly challenges actually drive me away from the game? They're supposed to make you play regularly to get the bonuses but they honestly feel like chores preventing me from playing the ops I want to play. Yes, I know I can just ignore them, but I play them for the rewards and it seriously dampens my enjoyment of the game. Not playing them makes me feel bad because I'm missing out.

Lmao

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

lohli posted:

I've been trying to make sure I get all the charm ones, but two of the "Win 20 as X" in one week is a bit much.

Yeah, plus just after the 20 JTF2 ones. I'd gotten every challenge charm up until last week but it's just too much. For the best that I no longer feel committed to having to get them all at least.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
I don't mind the larger challenges when the reward seems more worth it. I like the unique charms, like the recent Easter Challenge ones. But the Frost/Smoke/Kapkan birthday charms are not worth 20 rounds. I only got Frost's because I regularly play her. But the tiny medal with the OP sign on it is nothing to get excited for. Even the Union Jack charm from the Shakespeare challenge was more enjoyable. My point is: I wish the charms were actually cool.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Getting votekicked out of a new match only after everyone's grabbed trauma plates from the bag I just dropped has been my best experience yet.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
http://i.imgur.com/Yw1rYjl.webm

Thief fucked around with this message at 18:22 on May 16, 2017

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Nickname Pending posted:

I don't mind the larger challenges when the reward seems more worth it. I like the unique charms, like the recent Easter Challenge ones. But the Frost/Smoke/Kapkan birthday charms are not worth 20 rounds. I only got Frost's because I regularly play her. But the tiny medal with the OP sign on it is nothing to get excited for. Even the Union Jack charm from the Shakespeare challenge was more enjoyable. My point is: I wish the charms were actually cool.

The little gadget charms were neat, these new charms would have been better if they were just the full-colour icons rather than a medal with a tiny icon on them.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

lohli posted:

The little gadget charms were neat, these new charms would have been better if they were just the full-colour icons rather than a medal with a tiny icon on them.

i put tachankas gun charm on all my LMGs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

Hexenritter posted:

Getting votekicked out of a new match only after everyone's grabbed trauma plates from the bag I just dropped has been my best experience yet.

The pubbies in one of my matches last night tried to kick me, even though I was carrying them with 10-0 and no one else had a kill.

• Locked thread