Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

part of today's dynamic must be trump extremely pissed that his staff aren't going with a "trump can do whatever he wants" narrative - a common theme about his press shop frustrations has been around defense... can't see don happy with deflection since that's a tacit acknowledgement he did a bad

but ed balls will save us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

boethius posted:

seemingly

Beautiful.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

FactsAreUseless posted:

What makes it obvious?

Jared and Ivanka being the heroes who stay above it all in every one of the stories.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

What has been alleged is that Trump talked about highly specific details (e.g. which city in Syria the intel was gathered from) from which the Russians could easily figure out what the source/methods were. So, when he has three people deny that he mentioned the source, they aren't actually denying what Trump was accused of doing.

Also, the country that shared that information with us stipulated that we not share it with other countries because in the past info they had given us had been leaked. The reason this whole thing is bad is because it's going to gently caress up intelligence gathering/sharing, not because Trump did anything illegal or whatever.

edit: here's a really good summary and analysis of the information that's come out so far
https://www.lawfareblog.com/bombshell-initial-thoughts-washington-posts-game-changing-story

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

I'm two days older than Fuckerberg and it makes me angry

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Joementum posted:

Jared and Ivanka being the heroes who stay above it all in every one of the stories.
Makes sense

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Serf posted:

yeah its painfully obvious that trump didn't write those tweets. as was mentioned earlier he would not know the word pertaining

He also doesn't use parentheses in his writing or speech (mentally he doesn't make that break), although his word-salad manner of speech would normally require loving dozens. He just slams it all into one long sentence.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Actually, unless the Russians killed said source, the leaker + WashPo had them killed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

dumber than trump

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

What makes it obvious?

trump has either implied or directly said that he just wants to fire everyone and run with Jared and Ivanka on everything because he can't trust anyone else meaning

Joementum posted:

basically this

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
so i guess trump's never getting around to making a sequel for his last tweet huh

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Deceptive Thinker posted:

They definitely look alike

and that's worth a vote alone

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Oiled and Ready posted:

Actually, unless the Russians killed said source, the leaker + WashPo had them killed

shut up bitch

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Office Pig posted:

so i guess trump's never getting around to making a sequel for his last tweet huh

His phone got confiscated after he started it

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Fullhouse posted:

trump has either implied or directly said that he just wants to fire everyone and run with Jared and Ivanka on everything because he can't trust anyone else meaning

basically this

But what happens when everything continues to go to poo poo and he has no one else to blame? Dude's got to have a fall guy or 12..

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Office Pig posted:

He and a couple of overworked staffers are wrestling for control of the phone on the floor of the oval at the moment.

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Serf posted:

yeah its painfully obvious that trump didn't write those tweets. as was mentioned earlier he would not know the word pertaining

This is just a hunch but I'm pretty sure Donald knows all the "P" words.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

I like how stories like this wapo scoop are all so easily believable because they're EXACTLY what we expected would happen. Even if the report has slight inaccuracies or misrepresents something or it can't be easily verified, it doesn't matter because the story confirms what we already knew would happen anyway.

I guess the lesson is that government administrations should maybe invest in trust so people can give them the benefit of the doubt?

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

He and a couple of overworked staffers are wrestling for control of the phone on the floor of the oval at the moment.

This is the President's daily exercise regimen, playing "gimme my phone you ignorant staffers"

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
"i'll show those fuckerss i'll show em all fuckgj" the president said frothing, thumbs flying at a blazing two words per minute. in the distance, the desperate muffled cries of priebus are heard as he pounds on the bathroom door. "mr president, pleeeeeease"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oiled and Ready posted:

And maybe WaPo also did 9/11

9/11 TRUTH NOW

WATCH LOOSE CHANGE

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT DUMBASS CONSPIRACY THEORIES

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

zen death robot posted:

Trump hasn't finished the tweet because McMaster barged in yelling

A real American hero.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

"Barron how does daddy get the... loving launch the nukes app on his phone. Show those commie-liberal..."

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Oiled and Ready posted:

Washington Post has just mentioned ISIS. They haven't identified the US ally we got the intelligence from, and they haven't even identified the location. Just said the location was disclosed.

WaPo hasn't released everything they have, because they're trying not to get the guy killed.

There's already been a week's head start on this, so whatever Trump told the Russians filters downstream, and that's what gets the source killed.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

ladies

gentleman

we stand on the precipice

of nothing mattering

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

Calling it: he didn't finish the tweet because he just got worse news

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Oiled and Ready posted:

I claim to be right

I never claimed to be smart

Hell, these days they're practically mutually exclusive

yer a real bill mitchell guy-o

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Kevos Setzer posted:

Washington Post has just mentioned ISIS. They haven't identified the US ally we got the intelligence from, and they haven't even identified the location. Just said the location was disclosed.

WaPo hasn't released everything they have, because they're trying not to get the guy killed.

There's already been a week's head start on this, so whatever Trump told the Russians filters downstream, and that's what gets the source killed.
Actually, I think you'll find that WaPo and ISIS have the same funding source: the Build-a-Bear Group.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Kevos Setzer posted:

look who you are responding t to

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

donald john trump, president of the united state

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MAGA Warlord posted:

that's what I think

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

AWWNAW posted:

ladies

gentleman

we stand on the precipice

of nothing mattering

Four posters stand on a precipice...

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Does the dead source thing have a source or is this just speculation?

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

MAGA Warlord posted:

what could be worse!

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

His lifeless orange bulk in repose on the shitter,

A tweet unfinished

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

boethius posted:

This is the President's daily exercise regimen, playing "gimme my phone you ignorant staffers"

Like he'd waste his finite energy on that instead of slapping don jr. and chasing Ivanka around like pepe le pew

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lol if trump keeled over from a stroke on the toilet while mid tweet.

That's gotta be how this ends right.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Speculation

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

Speculation, because we don't actually know who it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Actually, I think you'll find that WaPo and ISIS have the same funding source: the Build-a-Bear Group.

Where's your Ed Balls now?

• Locked thread