Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

FishBulb posted:

Enjoy your welfare medals scrub king!

I can't because they aren't showing up on dtracker or guardian.gg.

Just did some trials and got a wrecking ball against a two man team, gonna complete that page in the most scrub way possible. Only need 12 more heavy kills still no ghetto BP but I did get a winged word. The highlighting scopes are legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zeroordie
Aug 27, 2004

I almost felt bad about this. Almost.

http://i.imgur.com/whbAPY1.gifv

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k
:eyepop:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

itt I read a bunch of salt on the internet and then vow to never run Trials of Osiris without Wireshark on and grabbing everything

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

3 more sleeps till our hopes and dreams for our dead gay game are destroyed.

30fps
No dedicates servers
Skill based match making carries over
Nerfs or removals of all your favourite class perks
Worse voice actors
Less story
No raid
Multiple currencies
Even vendors are now rng based
More grinding

Inshah allah

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

BlindSite posted:

No raid

Inshah allah

This would be the best part since supposedly there's a cabal raid that's been canned since Destiny launched.

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Yeah and WotM was supposed to be part of HoW lol

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

What did that pic have from memory? Something called "vex void" and forge of something iirc.

The former has probably been repurposed as the Osiris expansion. The latter the raid for d2.

Lol we're probably not getting actual new non repurposed old poo poo until yr2.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Menstrual Show posted:

Yeah and WotM was supposed to be part of HoW lol

Wasnt oryx meant to be the final boss of vanilla with there being a rescue mission to save rasputin on the dreadnaught?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

BlindSite posted:

3 more sleeps till our hopes and dreams for our dead gay game are destroyed.

30fps
No dedicates servers
Skill based match making carries over
Nerfs or removals of all your favourite class perks
Worse voice actors
Less story
No raid
Multiple currencies
Even vendors are now rng based
More grinding

Inshah allah

Already preordered

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

BlindSite posted:

Wasnt oryx meant to be the final boss of vanilla with there being a rescue mission to save rasputin on the dreadnaught?

This was when Rasputin was an Exo

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My point was more that they had a pretty good story in place for d1 that was pretty much from what was leaked guardians are raised, fight for the traveller find out that the speaker and traveller are in cahoots and actually baddies, break off and rescue rasputin from the darkness and then push forward against the vex possibly through osiris and eventually the cabal.

That they gutted and changed into yeah you gotta stop at the moon to save the traveller and then go to venus for some reason to fight on mars. Then oh yeah those hive dudes are still a problem, then oh yeah theres a prison break, daddy's home and hes pissed and then siva.

None of destiny 1s story makes much linear sense and is pretty obviously badly handled from the start.

D2 stuff has a lot of dead ghosts so far so probably d2 will directly lift a lot of content from the original d1 story even if that changes from get your power elsewhere because the traveller is evil to get your power elsewhere because the cabal killed it.

Story is pretty far down my list on reasons to play a game anyway. Im more interested in what they decide to do because of the hack job they had to do on destiny 1 and it still had entertaining elements.

If they actually have some free reign over story design this time it might make a lick of sense and provide another level of entertainment beyond shootmans.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Got a ton of scout rifle kills last night in mayhem by sitting at the spawn of floating gardens with a charged tlaloc and mowing down guys jumping around up in the top B area. Has the added bonus of anchoring spawn and guarding heavy.

Well that sounds boring

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

actionjackson posted:

Well that sounds boring

it's actually insanely fun to primary people out of supers and what not, massive dopamine hit every time

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
Im glad there wasn't more "story stuff" in the game like the first taken king mission on phobos with 5 mins of broken corridors and spooky elevators you have to run past.

If im doing pve i want to roll through drunk as gently caress with other drunk idiots as fast as possible killing everything that moves. The repition works because you don't have to go through complicated or boring bullshit while killing aliens, because you will be doing those missions dozens of times each.

I loved the book of sorrow but i can read that at work since they dont let me drink there.

Legion of One
Feb 17, 2012

You know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun but we just don't have time for mucking about
Did you guys see that sho- oh god dammit
https://i.imgur.com/Dw42Prg.gifv

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kadath posted:

Im glad there wasn't more "story stuff" in the game like the first taken king mission on phobos with 5 mins of broken corridors and spooky elevators you have to run past.

If im doing pve i want to roll through drunk as gently caress with other drunk idiots as fast as possible killing everything that moves. The repition works because you don't have to go through complicated or boring bullshit while killing aliens, because you will be doing those missions dozens of times each.

I loved the book of sorrow but i can read that at work since they dont let me drink there.

The actual missions were pretty well done. Plenty of fun mechanics and stuff to do especially from ttk forward. I dont really havr many complaints there.

I more mean the shittiness of the cut scenes etc before ttk.

My only real complaints about destiny are pvp related at this point. They could introduce something cool like kill a thousand dregs and you get 5% bonus damage to dregs or something. Give some basic milestone for redoing missions and strikes like we have done.

Get lots of handcannon kills they upgrade faster or something. Really minor quality of life improvements that arent game breaking.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

BlindSite posted:

Get lots of handcannon kills they upgrade faster or something. Really minor quality of life improvements that arent game breaking.

I really like this idea.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
One of the few things MEA does right is that you get a bonus to all classes for playing a particular class even if they're maxed, like faster cool down, more health or shields, poo poo like that.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

FishBulb posted:

Already preordered

:same:

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

BlindSite posted:

They already did this.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Alteisen posted:

One of the few things MEA does right is that you get a bonus to all classes for playing a particular class even if they're maxed, like faster cool down, more health or shields, poo poo like that.

One of the things it gets wrong is it models the dude's balls but not his shaft

NSFW

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ive never in my life checked grimoire. Cool tho.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

BlindSite posted:

"They could introduce something cool like kill a thousand dregs and you get 5% bonus damage to dregs or something. Give some basic milestone for redoing missions and strikes like we have done.

Well enjoy Destiny 2 game directed by the world famous game designer Luke Smith who gave to the world commendations, weekly time out on faction changes, low light vendor gear (so low it is not even good to let you enter normal mode raids), glimmer nerf, legendary marks nerf, the world famous Taken King Grind and the choreography at Oryx HM final encounter.

I am going to buy the game and play through story but I expect that I will not be able to enjoy the endgame at all since I am not sixteen and I am not allowed to live as a goon anymore. I could barely stand the status quo of vanilla, but after HoW, the TtK grind and economy was a slap in the face even if I still was able to play the loving game.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I'm turning 16 on Sept 9 :toot:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
:suicide:

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

el B posted:

hello

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

el B posted:

bloody :argh: lucky :argh: you :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:
(me too, but when the strategically placed holydays will finish it will be over for me, unless the endgame changes)

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

el B posted:

I'm turning 30 next week and now I'm sad

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I turned 40 two months ago and I'm not even the oldest boner. So now you feel happy.

The Meat Dimension
Mar 29, 2010

Gravy Boat 2k

el B posted:

:popeye: a second poooM has hit the south tower

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Poom almost made trials great again last night then he poo poo himself in the face with a rocket launcher smdh

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I turned 12 this year and my mom says I can stay up until 10 on weekends to do raids with you guys

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Lol pooom isn't 16 you fools

How many 16 year olds drink four loko?

What do you mean all of them?

xzzy posted:

I turned 40 two months ago and I'm not even the oldest boner. So now you feel happy.

:eyepop: This explains so much.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'm 37, I'm not old

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

haveblue posted:

I'm 37, I'm not old

I played you in pvp a couple of days ago!!! First time I've noticed a goon that I wasn't already playing with

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Menstrual Show posted:

I played you in pvp a couple of days ago!!! First time I've noticed a goon that I wasn't already playing with

Are you sinaddr? That name looked familiar.

Just squeaked under the wire with all 6 remaining crucible quests done. Now if I can only kill that loving deathsinger in under 2 minutes next week I'll have every book node outside the trials page.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

the good fax machine posted:

Lol pooom isn't 16 you fools

How many 16 year olds drink four loko?

I know you're joking, but I grew up in WV so

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Only goon I ever saw in the wild was Fishbulb on a plagueland patrol when ROI launched. I went up and repeatedly waved and danced at him like a crazy person but I dunno if he recognized me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I'm 69

• Locked thread