Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

I wonder if they know Bernie would have won
Even amoebas know this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It never ceases to amaze me that what is basically corruption (private interests giving money to political candidates) is legal, organized and accepted.

Hillary was the queen of it, I should've voted For Her!

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

FactsAreUseless posted:

You're proving his point

He's trolling, you know. Very successfully, might I add.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Toadvine posted:

Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama and countless articles blaming voters and Comey and Wikileaks are far more demoralizing. This keeps us turned against each other and absolves our leadership of responsibility for failing their people.

Shoulda run Bernie! then we wouldn't have Trump gutting vital programs! Don't blame other voters, blame the party leadership for having their head rooted firmly in their donors assholes to the detriment of the country!

Yeah, bernie woulda won, but we're here now. One can both fight trump and the DNC. Trump does what trump does, and he is a right wing hack who needs to be opposed at every opportunity. I don't really care about his feud with the corporate media, them attacking each other is good.

Your dumb rear end opinion is that voters should unite behind trump which is retarded.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tallgeese posted:

Actually, these are the most troll-free forums on the internet.

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Unironically, since we are free from the extreme partisan bias and false dichotomy that prevents most Americans for having a critical look at their corporate theocracy.

More Americans are aware of this than you think.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Panzeh posted:

Yeah, bernie woulda won, but we're here now. One can both fight trump and the DNC. Trump does what trump does, and he is a right wing hack who needs to be opposed at every opportunity. I don't really care about his feud with the corporate media, them attacking each other is good.

Your dumb rear end opinion is that voters should unite behind trump which is retarded.

That is a dumb rear end opinion and one I've never held

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Ban PACs!

Restrict campaign and advertising spending!

Other poo poo that will never happen!

Good times

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

It never ceases to amaze me that what is basically corruption (private interests giving money to political candidates) is legal, organized and accepted.

The real irony is everyone claiming the election result is because of "dumb hicks", when they're the only ones smart enough to see how things really work.

Everyone else doesn't see that it's a massively corrupt system and that they are fed bs by the media and lap it all up with no critical thought at all.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Panzeh posted:

For most people the dichotomy is not actually false.

Please remember that in American politics, perception is reality.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tallgeese posted:

For most people the dichotomy is not actually false.

Please remember that in American politics, perception is reality.

that's politics in general people are retarded everywhere

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

theperminator posted:

The real irony is everyone claiming the election result is because of "dumb hicks", when they're the only ones smart enough to see how things really work.

Everyone else doesn't see that it's a massively corrupt system and that they are fed bs by the media and lap it all up with no critical thought at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jjrSWCgJus

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Tallgeese posted:

Uh, my fiancees dad watches Fox news and thinks Trump is a moron and would've voted Bernie and he's a white suburban dork dad

But he voted Trump instead

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Uh, my fiancees dad watches Fox news and thinks Trump is a moron and would've voted Bernie and he's a white suburban dork dad

What a moron, he knows its a con but wants it anyway.

ricro
Dec 22, 2008
I too think Bernie would have won the election if he hadn't lost it

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
I think it's time for the citizens of western countries to ask for the recognition of the NOTA votes as valid.

That's maybe our only way out of this madness

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Panzeh posted:

Want to share your reason for thinking I support Trump? I hope it's not because I criticize center-right dems daily, because this past election confirms that the party and it's adherents are wrong not to change course/attitude

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

So he's just dumb then?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Panzeh posted:

What a moron, he knows its a con but wants it anyway.
Isn't that one of the ways to run a successful con, to make its shadiness really apparent so people will think they can outsmart the conmen? That way if they get taken they're less likely to do anything about it, because they knew it was con going in.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Toadvine posted:

Want to share your reason for thinking I support Trump? I hope it's not because I criticize center-right dems daily, because this past election confirms that the party and it's adherents are wrong not to change course/attitude

I've never seen you criticise the right reps or trump.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Toadvine posted:

look you're clearly a nazi misogynist like the rest of us so just deal with it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Toadvine posted:

it might be all the chortling and gloating you do idk

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Knight posted:

Isn't that one of the ways to run a successful con, to make its shadiness really apparent so people will think they can outsmart the conmen? That way if they get taken they're less likely to do anything about it, because they knew it was con going in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrwRTAj6tMU

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
I think a majority of people deemed Trump supporters itt just aren't buying every stupid news headline hook, line, & sinker. Like someone else said, wait for a real scandal for fucks sake.

Manipulation via the media is very real, and something Chomsky wrote about in Manufacturing Consent, an interesting book that I recommend. Thanks

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Bernie would have lost in the general. It would have been a sadder version of the Jeb! campaign

theperminator
Sep 16, 2009

by Smythe
Fun Shoe

Rasta_Al posted:

I think a majority of people deemed Trump supporters itt just aren't buying every stupid news headline hook, line, & sinker. Like someone else said, wait for a real scandal for fucks sake.

Manipulation via the media is very real, and something Chomsky wrote about in Manufacturing Consent, an interesting book that I recommend. Thanks

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

blugu64 posted:

Bernie would have lost in the general. It would have been a sadder version of the Jeb! campaign

imagining bernie stuttering and trying to get a word in while donald steamrolls him by calling him a commie every 5 seconds would have been way more fun than the trump hillary debates

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Rasta_Al posted:

KILL THIS NAZI

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Rasta_Al posted:

What's the point in waiting and being charitable to trump and the right? They won't do the same for us. There are media empires sticking up for trump anyway, he doesn't need you.

You should be happy to see the media become more polarized and less relevant.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Then what constitutes as a "real scandal"?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bholder posted:

brangelina breaking up

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bholder posted:

Trump wears a tan suit

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Robo Reagan posted:

imagining bernie stuttering and trying to get a word in while donald steamrolls him by calling him a commie every 5 seconds would have been way more fun than the trump hillary debates

On the other hand, Bernie woulda won just by not losing the Blue Wall.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Panzeh posted:

What's the point in waiting and being charitable to trump and the right? They won't do the same for us. There are media empires sticking up for trump anyway, he doesn't need you.

You should be happy to see the media become more polarized and less relevant.

Who is "us"... you're some guy behind a desk in a construction company who can't even have a conversation with his proletariat underlings

You should be able to at least find common ground now that you understand you're a Western Supremacist though

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I can easily find pro trump media- i see it every time at the grocery store checkout line.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Tallgeese posted:

On the other hand, Bernie woulda won just by not losing the Blue Wall.

probably wouldn't have had the bright idea of verbatim saying coal miners were about to be out of a job in the middle of coal mining territory lmao

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Robo Reagan posted:

probably wouldn't have had the bright idea of verbatim saying coal miners were about to be out of a job in the middle of coal mining territory lmao

Seriously, it cannot be understated how much the Dems snatched defeat from the very jaws of victory. It will also never get tiresome to bring up.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Panzeh posted:

I've never seen you criticise the right reps or trump.

Trump was criticized from all sides for six months leading up to the election and seven months after, and yet he's still around. It's as if criticism doesn't do anything to remedy this dark situation we're in.

Hold democrats feet to the fire to build a viable strategy, run candidates around the nation who can garner votes on their own merits more than just not being republican, REPRESENT THE POOR AND WORKING CLASS holy poo poo how is this not completely obvious to anyone who was alive during the election?

ricro
Dec 22, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

lol "they are both dottering old men, both sides are the same, vote third party"

double lol at people who think pre-general election polling on who would win matters at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
The Dems are so bad they just didn't lose to Trump they're actually covering up his incompetence through their constant scandal mongering

• Locked thread